Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ME7.5 4B0906018CH 0261207216 360101 Audi A4 B5 AWM  (Read 5360 times)
kruftindustries

« on: November 02, 2014, 02:36:32 PM »

For some reason my last post timed out while posting so I will try and keep it short and sweet this time...

I am in the process of making an XDF for my ch box, I have started on the shoulders of Rob via http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=1204.0title= this post, and gone from there only to find that the codeword bytes don't match.

Upon further review I have noticed our SSECUSN numbers are not the same, most likely the reason. Many of the maps match up between my and rob's (winols found Bosch II maps and some had the same addresses and sizes) though I haven't the first clue about where the codeword bytes match up to say the least, there are the other maps too..

I am starting out from scratch much as Rob and k0mpresd have from what I have read on the forums. (k0mpresd, nice launch control vid btw! I wish my car sounded as kick ass as yours)

I am starting literally from the bottom, after studying the KWP1281 protocol and signaling elsewhere online, making my own KKL cable only to determine that my ABS module had a broken wire and was interfering with diagnostic communication. (the magical folks that sold me the car had taken the time to put black sharpie over the ABS light on the dash... Angry three beeps have never bothered me as much as those...)Yanked the tire and all off, tore that puppy open, soldered a new wire and I have a lovely couple of 1024KB binary files to play with. The ME7 ecu logger program and ecu plot are f*ing magical btw for picking up where VCDS falls short.

I have been reviewing the ME7 Funktionsrahmen to get a good idea of how bosch does some important things and what to expect from the ecu..

I don't mean to make this a one stop shop post for all things nefarious, although I do have some other questions abut things like where all the open source code is on github for the logger or anything for that matter, I have a project I am working on involving a raspberry pi and something like the "Torque" app that has other functions like rolling up/down windows, locking doors... Idk at this point I would be a lot less likely hacking into accessory modules and reading out operating parameters to damage the engine then actually changing some of those parameters. I have a hardware and software background and I would like to contribute to these efforts nonetheless!

Any input is much appreciated!

kruftindustries

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 02:53:29 PM »

Something I forgot to add, I was considering flashing Rob's 4B0906018CH 0261207216 360854(MY2001A4).8 to my car, I think he has an avant if I'm not mistaken, I don't. I also don't know if this will explode my motor or make it not start. I don't want my healthy pistons coming out of the tailpipe or the oilpan now  Shocked
kruftindustries

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2014, 04:00:07 PM »

I flashed Rob's BIN to my car thinking if it wasnt good, the car wouldn't start. The car starts and runs fine! Now to take a crack at my maps!! Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: