Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Gen 2 immo delete to fit 1.8t into an old GTI  (Read 24027 times)
slimwadey

« on: March 08, 2013, 02:24:19 PM »

Hi all
I have decided to fit an Audi TT ARY code 1.8t into a 1989 Golf GTI
Trouble is the ECU that comes with the car has the gen 2 immo built in and i would need the clocks to run the engine
So i want to do an immo defeat to not need the clocks
I have a pretty good understanding of PCB work and reading/writing flash files (.bin) as i have done about 40 Xbox Jtag mods over the years, all using various methods and software, i have spent plenty of time with CMD too so have no issue there (but i may be a bit rusty as i learned it all way back in the 80'/90's)
So far the guys on the regular chat forum i use are all saying i need to send it off and pay someone to do it, but i think i can do it myself with the skills i have and a little bit more info

I dont have the ECU at this moment as i am picking up the engine and ECU next weekend so i cant give any numbers at the mo
Is it a case of removing an SMD chip, slotting it in an eeprom reader, reading, fiddling with the file and re flashing ??
Or will i need a virgin ECU file and then build an image from scratch ?
I also want to delete a few other bits of info from the ecu too but right now its the Immo that needs to go

Any pointers to read as a start ?
Thanks
Steve
ddillenger

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 04:04:43 PM »

If the car has an me7.5 ecu, it's very easy. You can read/write the eeprom while still on the ecu, you'll just need to put it in bootmode (search if you are unfamiliar with the term).

When you pull the file post it and I'll off it for you (or if it's immo-3 I'll tell you how to do it yourself).

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
slimwadey

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 02:50:42 PM »

Thanks for the info
I'll have a read up about bootmode
Would i need a harness to do it without opening the ECU ? if so whats needed and from where
An Eeprom reader is cheap and soldering i free ..
cyril279

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 03:06:18 PM »

Thanks for the info
I'll have a read up about bootmode
Would i need a harness to do it without opening the ECU ? if so whats needed and from where
An Eeprom reader is cheap and soldering i free ..

read a more and it will all become clear. the stickies are the best place to start.
you won't need any eeprom reader, or soldering. a harness can be done with some wires and clips, or you can get fancy if you want, but if you take the time to look through and see what others have done, it'll all become clear.  I advise including a separate switch to the ignition pin.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 03:09:27 PM by cyril279 » Logged
slimwadey

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2013, 03:35:17 PM »

Thanks
I have ordered a galetto cable and will slowly gather the bits i need, sorry for the questions, i know it can be a pain, but at least i'm not in the same crowd as the guys who want a complete free remap for MORE POWER !!! with some drawing pins and blu tac!!

Steve
ddillenger

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2013, 03:54:29 PM »

No worries, LMK if you have any other questions!

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
slimwadey

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2013, 04:17:36 PM »

No worries, LMK if you have any other questions!

LNK ....... now as i'm 42 i dont understand what that means  Roll Eyes
ddillenger

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2013, 05:33:05 PM »

Let Me Know.

LOL (laugh out loud)

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
slimwadey

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2013, 04:19:10 PM »

My new Galleto cable arrived today ! Yay me
Can i use it without a laptop ? i have need to connect it to a car, just an ECU when my pre made cable arrives too (lazy ? me ? .. Er Yes !)
I only have a really old laptop that i never use anymore, its got XP as it cant handle anything better

Steve
vdubnation
Turboman
Global Moderator

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2013, 09:51:25 PM »

My new Galleto cable arrived today ! Yay me
Can i use it without a laptop ? i have need to connect it to a car, just an ECU when my pre made cable arrives too (lazy ? me ? .. Er Yes !)
I only have a really old laptop that i never use anymore, its got XP as it cant handle anything better

Steve

I think your confusing something you can read the eeprom without taking anything out of the car over OBD with your laptop in command prompt in order for you to defeat the immobilizer your going to have to take the ecu out rig it up to a bench harness or if your on the fly like me sometimes i crack open the ecu while connected to the car i ground the correct pin to get into bootmode "dont recommend this way"  and push the defeated file over with my laptop in command prompt waaaalaaaaa your immo is gone.
slimwadey

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2013, 02:53:20 PM »

I think your confusing something you can read the eeprom without taking anything out of the car over OBD with your laptop in command prompt in order for you to defeat the immobilizer your going to have to take the ecu out rig it up to a bench harness or if your on the fly like me sometimes i crack open the ecu while connected to the car i ground the correct pin to get into bootmode "dont recommend this way"  and push the defeated file over with my laptop in command prompt waaaalaaaaa your immo is gone.

No i'm not confusing things
I understand i will be doing this off the car with the a Galletto cable and another pre made cable that is a basically a bench rig
infact the ECU is not even in a car as the car has been sold
I want to know if i NEED a laptop or if i can use my Desktop, i dont think i will need a laptop to do it as the desktop does the same thing..... on a desk rather than say, my lap ...
I have the Galletto
And this lead is on the way too
ddillenger

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2013, 03:42:43 PM »

Desktop works fine for bench flashing.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
Gonzo

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2013, 07:15:33 PM »

Desktop works fine for bench flashing.
Your a mod one day and then you are a regular user the next. What gives?  Tongue
ddillenger

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2013, 07:16:30 PM »

Your a mod one day and then you are a regular user the next. What gives?  Tongue

I'm not a global mod. I only get green stars when I post in my little corner of nefmoto Smiley

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
Gonzo

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2013, 08:11:51 PM »

I'm not a global mod. I only get green stars when I post in my little corner of nefmoto Smiley
Ah, that makes sense.  Grin

Congrats.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: