Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Can't hit even 1bar of boost...  (Read 46315 times)
masterj

« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2012, 03:51:22 PM »

UPDATE: Couldn't log anything today because weather hit -20C and all roads were too slippery to do normal pull. But I've changed kfmiop x axis (please see image attached). Imediatelly my part throttle felt much much better as if some torque limit was disabled, but I started getting "Engine Torque Monitoring 2 - control limit exceeded" (which means that my accelerator pedal is disabled every few kilometers!).

I really can not figure this one out, please advise Wink
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 03:57:25 PM by masterj » Logged

carlossus

Leon Curpa Stg1+

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2012, 02:25:05 AM »

Did you adjust the other maps that share this axis? I tried but had poor results because of erratic timing and ran out of enthusiasm.
masterj

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2012, 03:49:07 AM »

Did you adjust the other maps that share this axis? I tried but had poor results because of erratic timing and ran out of enthusiasm.

I have no other maps defined that share same axis

masterj

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2012, 09:31:02 AM »

Log these:
mimax_w, mifa_w, mifal_w, milsol_w

Here's log for everything I could find. miist_w looks suspicious, but I need some opinions on these logs...
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 09:32:45 AM by masterj » Logged

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2012, 12:30:49 PM »

Please get a log where you are WOT for more than a half a second Sad

Those logs are entirely useless.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
masterj

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2012, 04:58:13 PM »

Ok, gonna redo them... Smiley

TTQS
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2012, 03:14:18 AM »

Yup, as a guide, my 3rd gear WOT run lasts around 11 s from 1,200 to 7,000 rpm and the 4th gear WOT run about 22 seconds and that's with over 300 lbft peak so yours will be longer.

I only observed issues such as IDCs > 100% in the 4th gear WOT run, so if you want to flush out little gremlins, the longer you can can spend at high loads, the better.

TTQS
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2012, 11:12:26 AM »

4th gear at 7krpm is impossible (or just not prudent) in most areas around me Sad

even 3rd is iffy Smiley

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
masterj

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2012, 06:05:28 AM »

finally I've hit 1BAR and more! Smiley

Had to edit kfmiop axis, kfzwop/2 maps and then to disable torque monitor 2 few other maps. Logs attached (normal 3rd gear run)

Rick

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2012, 01:07:32 PM »

With your IOP map in the first post you are effectively limiting your max torque to less than 50%.

Rick
masterj

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2012, 01:42:15 AM »

With your IOP map in the first post you are effectively limiting your max torque to less than 50%.

Rick

Thanks Rick, I already changed my kfmiop axis and also had to change kfzwop/2 maps (Originally my kfmiop maxed out at 145). Then I started getting torque monitor nr 2 dtcs. Changed some more maps (second attached file) and everything was fixed...

Please see the third image ("Voltage to pedal.jpg"). How can I convert these voltages to actual accelerator pedal position in percentage?

Gonzo

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2012, 10:57:16 AM »

You are doing it wrong. You shouldn't have the need to edit KFMIOP that much and you shouldn't need to disable torque monitoring.
KFMIOP should be the inverse of KFMIRL, sortof. Send me your bin and ori and I'll fix it for you.
masterj

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2012, 01:18:00 PM »

You are doing it wrong. You shouldn't have the need to edit KFMIOP that much and you shouldn't need to disable torque monitoring.
KFMIOP should be the inverse of KFMIRL, sortof. Send me your bin and ori and I'll fix it for you.

Gonzo I know that Smiley I have created calculator for kfmiop... But problem is that my original bin file is very different to others. For example my kfmiop x axis max out at 145! That means that my iop is limited to 1450+300mbar = ~ 750mbar of boost. Anyway, I have set up my kfmiop good. But my ecu has not ONE but TWO monitor checks. And the second one is that I had to disable until proper change.

First torque monitor that checks my kfmiop is sorted out Wink

Second monitor is checking maps that has ending "*_UM".

Ofcourse I can attach ori file for you to check out if you want Wink Second file is my current tune that gives me no torque monitor DTCs but still has FF'd KFMPNS_UM and KFMPED_UM maps.

P.S> Basically if I don't edit kfmiop axis ant leave it at 145 then my part throttle sucks and doesnt climb over 0.8bar of boost. If I edit axis and then recalculate KFZWOP/2 maps (because they share same x axis as iop) then I'm all set except for torque monitor. Then finally I've edited my kfmi_um map and few others, that limit torque and bam - no more torque monitor 2 errors.

All I need to fix now is KFMPNS_UM and KFMPED_UM. I can not understant what voltage x axis resembles in these maps.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 02:21:10 AM by masterj » Logged

Gonzo

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2012, 10:44:16 AM »

I'll take a look at it in a few and I'll fix it for you. You do NOT need a calculator for KFMIOP. It literally takes seconds to claibrate. I have done BT files without needing to FF any torque monitoring maps.
masterj

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2012, 02:27:30 PM »

I'll take a look at it in a few and I'll fix it for you. You do NOT need a calculator for KFMIOP. It literally takes seconds to claibrate. I have done BT files without needing to FF any torque monitoring maps.

I created calculator to be as precise as possible. Right now my bin works OK, but for some very odd reason I hit boost 1bar hard limit. Gonna log requested load tommorow to see if car reaches 190 as programmed.

P.S> I need to reach 1.2 BAR of boost at ~4000rpm
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 02:30:25 PM by masterj » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: