Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GT2860RS tuning  (Read 5189 times)
golfputtputt

« on: September 18, 2016, 07:53:00 AM »

Ok, before I get eaten alive on this forum, please let me explain:

I own a K03s 1.8t (stock turbo) and am looking at the gt2860RS eliminator kit because this is the third time I've taken out the turbocharger from this car and it's an over 48 hour job with no sleep and I'm tired of it. Top mounted positioning will permit turbo removal potentially without even lifting the car off the ground and the ball bearing smooth operation may assist in reliability. For now, those are my only ambitions.

I'm looking to run low boost for right now. Stock numbers (11 psi peak, maybe even less) I'm not looking to push this right now. This may change in the future.

What maps will I have to touch to get it running properly?

Will I need the 3" MAF housing? (I have it anyway) Will i need Genesis injectors? (don't have those yet).

I've tuned fuel via knock recognition and exhaust gas temp and they're in a place where I'm happy with them but may richen them up if EGT's get worse after the installation (I would imagine they would get better)

Could someone give me a rundown of where to start with boost on WOT and part throttle and how to get adaptation correct? I'm looking to make this car operable and smooth in low turbo pressure and flow operation.
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2016, 04:37:46 PM »

wow
seems like you stuck in 2005 Smiley

forget about eliminator shit. buy GT28 and T25 mani
bosch 117 or 298 injectors, TT maf housing, fmic and so on

but if you want to run on 11psi, why not to stay with stock k03 ?
_nameless

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2016, 06:24:36 PM »

Gr30/71 ar .82 and stock rods 21-22 psi daily.

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
_nameless

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2016, 06:41:48 PM »

bosch ev14 550s would be a good choice for injectors, and will give you overhead for moar boosts. You'll need to change Krkte and tvub to start with your new injectors. If you're only planning on running 11ish psi you could use stock maf for now. Swapping 3" maf you'll need to copy and paste mlhfm from vr6 or tt225. Personally I don't use bts fueling I use driver request (lamfa). Timing you can adjust based off correction. Most likely will need to adjust boost pid to reach desired boost or stop overshoot. Load / tq maps etc.
good luck

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
golfputtputt

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2016, 08:00:42 PM »

I've got a whole bunch of reasons why I decided to go with this kit, it's very long winded and detailed. I've done a lot of hardware research to come to this conclusion. If anyone wants to hear my winded explanation, I'd love to endulge. If anyone knows of a full, concise kit with TIP and down pipe adapter and lines, i will definitely consider it.

Anyone care to explain IRL/IOP and boost PID separately, in laymen's terms? I've read the s4 wiki and i'm having trouble comprehending the subject. Esp how load pertains to boost.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2016, 08:47:02 PM »

Load is how much air is ingested by the motor.

100% load is if you filled the motor with air at standard temp and pressure (1 bar).

http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Load

Please reread and ask SPECIFIC questions; I have NO idea what parts you aren't getting.

If you still don't know what a PID is (or at least its purpose), you're kinda boned.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 08:48:55 PM by nyet » Logged

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
golfputtputt

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2016, 08:34:22 AM »

Just as a starting point for transparency of information for those unsure of where to start and how it pertains to automotive applications; I'm not sure everyone knows what PID stands for or what it does. Could we update the wiki with just a small tidbit of info on this? I know PID control can be extensive.
I for one, just learned what it stands for today.
http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Proportional%E2%80%93integral%E2%80%93derivative_controller

« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 08:38:38 AM by golfputtputt » Logged
golfputtputt

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2016, 09:32:51 AM »

in that article, it mentions proportional, integral and derivative "gain." Gain is a value of correctional change in these control parameters, is this correct? Is this the same as "regulator limits" mentioned in the s4 wiki? EX: I-regulator limit

saw this in wiki:
If your actual boost is not meeting requested boost, you may have to increase the PID I limit for 850 and 1000mBar

I havent had time to look at my PID maps yet, don't have my computer in front of me with my files on it. How many segments is this 'I component' broken into usually? would it be different from ECU/XDF to ECU/XDF? Are the P and D components broken up the same way? I'll take a look when I get home.

What variables do I log for PID regulator limits?

Also, when logging and changing, how much of a change would result in integral windup and how do I recognize this in a log? What does it look like?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 09:40:47 AM by golfputtputt » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: