Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Absolute boost limit  (Read 2217 times)
IWay

« on: April 22, 2021, 09:48:11 AM »

I’ve got the tune working as I want, (5120 hack, 25 PSI, no knock, etc) but for 1 thing;

When lugging it in a high gear (putting my foot down from 2.5 -3K in 5th or 6th) the boost goes through the roof until the revs build and then it comes down again, which is not a good idea.

I can just not lug it but it would be nice to be able to set an absolute boost limit.

I’m using this method ( http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=12352.0 , KFLDRL linear & boost controlled by KFLDIMX) to control the boost which is working fine except for the above.

I tried using KFLDHBN to set an absolute limit but for some reason it didn’t work, any way of setting the absolute limit to 25/26 PSI would be fine.

Setting and absolute boost limit may not be the most elegant of a solution but if anyone has a way of achieving it would be most appreciated.

I know someone will say sort you PID out, but setting an absolute limit will work for me until I learn to drive properly Smiley

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2021, 10:27:36 AM »

Good thing you posted a log.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
IWay

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2021, 08:34:22 AM »

Good thing you posted a log.

Good point;

Logs attached, I've put a 3rd & 6th gear pull for comparison.

I changed the rods, rings & exhaust valves a couple of weeks ago, which has increase the boost spike on the 3rd gear pull (V9.29 log prior to the new rods, rings & valves), this I can rectify. It's the overboost/boost creep in 5th & 6th which is the issue.

Thanks.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2021, 10:51:10 AM »

I know someone will say sort you PID out, but setting an absolute limit will work for me until I learn to drive properly Smiley

The ecu has no control over boost that isnt PID related. You completely misunderstand what all of those maps do.

They can only control req boost, end of story.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: