Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Boost breakup in higher RPMs  (Read 1780 times)
JavaCrash

« on: June 19, 2022, 12:18:22 AM »

Hello all, I am back after some serious engine maintenance, lol.

In a previous post I couldn't make over 10psi.. well turns out both wastegate lines were gone (Completely broken) one wastegate was stuck shut (rubbing on side of turbo) and one was stuck open!! Noob mistakes.. anyways, new wastegates lines, wastegates crack at 12psi (theyre even now) etc..

Now the new issue, My rpms break up around 5k RPMS. Not sure if this is timing, fueling, or what. I have 2 logs attached, one where it was breaking up and i let off the throttle a bit until it didnt, and another where I was WOT and it didn't break up. out of 5-6 runs, only 1 didn't have the rpm "breakup" (kinda feels like I hit the rev limiter or something)

denniss112

Audi TT 99' | 180+HP FWD

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2022, 04:54:55 AM »

What car u drive? On 1.8T there is a N75 which controlls the boost. Check those vacuum lines aswell, the N75 can be broken aswell. Not sure if its a valid way of checking the condition, but mine measures 30 ohms, above 35 is bad I believe.
thedrill

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2022, 08:32:08 AM »

If your boosting higher than stock, you need to close your spark plug gaps  or it will break down. I use BKR7E gapped at 24 thou.
Also code out your EGT sensors Temporarily to test as there are a known cause for this problem when it starts overfueling.
JavaCrash

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2022, 10:43:34 AM »

What car u drive? On 1.8T there is a N75 which controlls the boost. Check those vacuum lines aswell, the N75 can be broken aswell. Not sure if its a valid way of checking the condition, but mine measures 30 ohms, above 35 is bad I believe.

sorry! lol, b5 s4. I forgot this forum is basically all bosch ECUs. The N75 is aftermarket, thinking it may be an issue with not hitting requested boost. I'll check the ohms and if its bad ill probably run down to the junkyard tomorrow and get an OEM one.
JavaCrash

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2022, 10:45:13 AM »

If your boosting higher than stock, you need to close your spark plug gaps  or it will break down. I use BKR7E gapped at 24 thou.
Also code out your EGT sensors Temporarily to test as there are a known cause for this problem when it starts overfueling.

I have the same plugs. Ill check the gaps, have to find my gap checker.. Pretty sure I gapped them all but I'll doubled check.

EGTS are coded out and unplugged, mine died about a year ago or so, I was still stock and burned em out with stage 1.
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2022, 10:58:55 AM »

Did you both even see that logs?
Fixed wgdc, 0.5 request lambda wtf
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2022, 07:29:01 PM »

awful

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
JavaCrash

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2022, 02:58:12 AM »

Did you both even see that logs?
Fixed wgdc, 0.5 request lambda wtf

how can I fix the fixed wgdc? what would be wrong that I would need to change?
JavaCrash

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2022, 04:19:48 AM »

how can I fix the fixed wgdc? what would be wrong that I would need to change?

Looking in my maps and some forum digging, CWMDAPP is set to 8, not sure why or what I was trying to acomplish/troubleshoot at the time. Fueling is what I'm going to focus on for now, since it seems to run away and get very rich at WOT. Thinking I'm going to start a fresh bin, to avoid other weird complications like that.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: