Pages: [1]
Author Topic: RKAZ_W / RKAZ2_W location in M-box?  (Read 6275 times)
julex

« on: January 23, 2015, 11:37:17 AM »

Anybody has proper location for RKAZ_W/RKAZ2_W corrections for M-box? The ones that autogenerate are "0" all the time which is not correct...
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 11:40:34 AM »

been wondering about that myself.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
julex

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 08:03:12 AM »

Mystery might be solved, I will confirm in coming days:

Deactivation of individual integrators:
The status byte NOLRA is a simple possibility to deactivate individual adaptation ranges.
This should also then happen if the respective range is not entered.
a) Bit 0 in NOLRA resets the RKAT-integrator in LRAINT(2) B norkat
b) Bit 1 in NOLRA resets the FRAU and the FRAO-integrator in LRAINT(2) B nofra
c) Bit 2 in NOLRA resets the RKAZ-integrator in LRAINT(2) B norkaz
d) Bit 5 in NOLRA resets the FRAT-integratot in LRAINT(2) B nofrat

NOLRA = 4 in M box, which means that bit 2 is set to 1 == NORKAZ. This would explain why it never moves from "0". I will change mine to "0"  and if this works, it will make all of these eternal "what's the TVUB for my injectors" threads obsolete Smiley
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2015, 11:18:34 AM »

Nice find, let us know!

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
julex

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2015, 12:01:05 PM »

It did the trick, RKAZ moved.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2015, 12:37:44 PM »

Why do you think it is disabled?

ECUx Plot

julex

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2015, 01:12:38 PM »

Why do you think it is disabled?

NOLRA = 4 in M box, which means that bit 2 is set to 1 == NORKAZ. This would explain why it never moves from "0". I will change mine to "0"  and if this works, it will make all of these eternal "what's the TVUB for my injectors" threads obsolete Smiley

b_norkaz==true (NOLRA.2 = 1) causes constant reset of rkaz_w/rkaz2_w instead of compute path when b_norkaz==false.

Several other Me7.1/7.1.1 tunes I checked also keep RKAZ at zero by means of disabling it via NOLRA.2=1.
julex

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2015, 04:03:56 PM »

The only problem is that I don't know what units is RKAZ_W, bumping TVUB times from 0.93078 to 0.97879 (0.048ms, or 5.15%) yielded -0.140625 and -0.234375 for banks respectively. Any idea?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 04:06:53 PM by julex » Logged
ddillenger

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2015, 04:06:23 PM »

The only problem is that I don't know what units is RKAZ, bumping TVUB times by 5% (0.045ms) yielded -0.140625 and -0.234375 for banks respectively. Any idea?

Stupid question.....

Why not set NOLRA=7, and use Robert's FKKVS fixer?

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
julex

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2015, 04:11:24 PM »

Stupid question.....

Why not set NOLRA=7, and use Robert's FKKVS fixer?

Disable adaptation? If you want to pioneer that...  Wink

I like adaptation, gives your car a fighting chance to run smoothly. If we had wideband o2 in ECU, it would probably be feasible to do but with narrowband, there would be a lot of rough running if your car is anything but in tip top shape and you're not being rammed summer/winter fuel composition changes up your ass...

Edit: And I think that touching FKKVS is a totally lame approach to tuning. With quality injectors you should never touch it. If you have large FR/FR2 running corrections it usually means that either your MAF map is questionable, KRKTE is off or TVUB is crap. I have FKKVS and KFKHFM all 1.00. KFLF I touched extensively after some logging to smooth out the map. Other than that , my car runs pretty smoothly and little corrections.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 04:21:11 PM by julex » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2015, 04:27:04 PM »

No, I mean, I agree it is disabled. Unfortunate syntax ambiguity...

For what reason is it disabled, do you think? Seems to me it would make sense to keep a feature like that enabled.

ECUx Plot

julex

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2015, 04:35:07 PM »

No, I mean, I agree it is disabled. Unfortunate syntax ambiguity...

For what reason is it disabled, do you think? Seems to me it would make sense to keep a feature like that enabled.

I have no idea to be honest. Maybe it is a fancy feature that whoever was tuning it never enabled... I found more paths that are not used like that and even input tables have all weird values, like temperature compensation for mixture control.

There are input tables (values that don't make sense), code is in but the filter has limits of min 1.0 and max 1.0 making it always 1.0... Dunno.

It seems to work though although my initial TVUB I arrived at after couple of days of street driving actually resulted in 0.00 RKAZ on one bank and 0.05 (whatever that is) on the other and the car is really smooth. I would say it is spot on but values are quite a bit off from official 0 280 158 040 injector sheet I found at www.boschdealer.com...

BTW, that injector is pretty good! 970cc at 3 bar, 1100ish at 4bar and audi connector so no stupid adapters needed!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 04:36:48 PM by julex » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: