Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ME 7.1 or 7.1.1 - replacement "immo" IC on back of ECU PCB  (Read 7201 times)
SteveAR

« on: March 01, 2012, 07:42:33 PM »

So i'm trying to create a duplicate ecu for my audi:
2004 Allroad - BEL - ME7.1.1
I have several used ECUs and based on my searching etc it seems info such as the Immobilzation SKC are stored on a 8 pin IC on the back of the ECU. (maybe VIN and other info as well?)
 I found the IC on one of my ECU's which looks like the pictures I've found on the web of other people who have taken their ECU's apart.  The IC is:
 ST Micro 5P08C3

I'm a electronic engineering tech and spend many hours sourcing parts for engineers. Even with that "experience" I"m having a hard time finding any of these parts to purchase or even a datasheet for this IC.

I would like to create a couple duplicates of the IC which is on my original (functioning) ECU to use on my spare ECU's.  Has anyone found a suitable replacement for this IC? Something readily available at a digikey/mouser/newark etc?

I'm assuming it's a small EEPROM or something.   Any help would be appreciated.

At this point I'm also assuming I'm not going to be able to pull the SKC from this IC without reading it and extacting it from the data blocks.    It appears programs like vag commander read the SKC from the dash pod, not the ECU?

Info would be appreciated!
AmIdYfReAk

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 09:29:01 AM »

Isnt it 95040 on the back?

anyway,  couldnt you dump the EEPROM off of your Ori ECU and program it on the new one with this?
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php/topic,1168.0.html

Becuase i know you can. Smiley
SteveAR

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 09:48:36 AM »

Smiley

Well,  my IC says:

ST 5P08C3

There's little information on the web about this IC.  I e-mailed ST and they said that it's very old/obsolete 8kb serial EEPROM.  and that the pin-for-pin replacement would be a M95080-xxxx
  So you're spec'ing a 95040 and according to my research the difference is:

95040 - 4kb (512x8)

95080 - 8kb (1K x Cool

http://www.st.com/internet/com/TECHNICAL_RESOURCES/TECHNICAL_LITERATURE/DATASHEET/CD00002539.pdf

So, your program sounds fantastic, since you wrote it do you think it will work with my 8kb IC on my ECU?

I can try it on my "experimental" ECU but I’m hesitant to start messing with my good/functioning ECU right now.

Incidently, I also ran across a thread here a long time ago which actually pointed out where in the dump file of the IC is the SKC (and other data) I don't remember the specifics, I believe the dump file may have been in HEX or something.  It was necessary to convert the hex values to decimal (from a certain address range) to extrapolate the data to human terms.   Do you have any experience doing this?
  It would be easiest to just read my good ECU and program my new(used) ECU but I wouldn't mind having a better understanding of how the data's stored on that EEPROM.
AmIdYfReAk

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 09:53:43 AM »

i didn't Write the program, i have nothing to do with it.

the program allows you to "read" the EEPROM Via OBD, Do that and post the bin... anyone here can tell you if its a clean dump.

then Try and program it to your "spare" ecu in boot mode.

Good luck!
haenszel

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2012, 08:58:42 AM »

I too have this same issue that I'm trying to tackle right now.  Same EEPROM -- R32/24v VR6 ECU -- I havn't had any luck with that program above as of last week.... havn't gone back to try it again.
SteveAR

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2012, 03:31:06 PM »

I was able to use the above program to read my EEPROM.  I was going to start tonight with putting the ECU in boot mode to attempt a write.  But the author of the software said he checked out the datasheet for my (our) chip and he thinks the write won't work.  But someone farther up the thread said they've done many successful reads/writes on the same ECU as what I'm working with.  So I may just give it a shot anyway.  If I brick it I brick it.

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=1168.75
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: