Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Software  (Read 1018 times)
jwcgc629

« on: October 13, 2024, 01:40:45 PM »

New here.....trying to navigate all the various elements of the site is a bit challenging.  Basically looking for the location to download the most easily usable version of the NefMoto software....not interested in open source, etc as Im not a programmer.  Just want to be able to read my ECU, and hopefully install a mild tune.  Ordered the suggested cable from Amazon as I see my VCDS KII-USB is not recommended.  Again, just need simple directions, links, etc to get started.  Very tired of trying to work with the commercial tuners such at APR, Motoza, Unitronic.....must be an easier way.  2004 VW Beetle 1.8T (150 hp) 5-sp.  TIA
_nameless

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2024, 02:41:03 PM »

If you think tuning your own car is going to be easier than opening up your wallet and paying someone to do it for you, you are nuts. I hate to be the bearer of bad new lol, nefmoto IS open source, so there goes that. Also, none is going to hold your hand or step by step by step instruct you on how to use free software, it has been documented here countless times. If you can't watch a youtube video or read a few forum threads, do yourself a favor and toss in the towel. You haven't even mentioned logging or calibration, those are completely separate part from flashing and nefmoto doesn't do any calibration edits you need to use winols or other editing software to accomplish this. 

Giving your mom a tuneup
royce5950

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2024, 07:17:13 AM »

There is no version of nefmoto that is easier than another.. they all share a nearly identical UI that is so straight forward that someone with little to no experience connecting to their ECU and reading or writing the memory contents even with no experience doing any of these things it should be pretty easy to use the nefmoto application without the risk of breaking anything in the process...
« Last Edit: October 16, 2024, 05:10:08 AM by royce5950 » Logged

Purchase Tuned Files Ready To Be FlashedFor Audi / VW 1.8T & 2.0T Engines ➡️ TUNEDBYV3@GMAIL.COMSend Me An Email Now And Save BIG On A Performance Tuned File
jwcgc629

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2024, 08:45:35 AM »

If you think tuning your own car is going to be easier than opening up your wallet and paying someone to do it for you, you are nuts. I hate to be the bearer of bad new lol, nefmoto IS open source, so there goes that. Also, none is going to hold your hand or step by step by step instruct you on how to use free software, it has been documented here countless times. If you can't watch a youtube video or read a few forum threads, do yourself a favor and toss in the towel. You haven't even mentioned logging or calibration, those are completely separate part from flashing and nefmoto doesn't do any calibration edits you need to use winols or other editing software to accomplish this. 

You probably should remain nameless with such an arrogant attitude. Smart move.
jwcgc629

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2024, 08:50:53 AM »

There is no version of nefmoto that is easier than another.. they all share a nearly identical UI that is so straight forward that someone with little to no experience connecting to their ECU and reading or writing the memory contents even with no experience doing any of these things it should be pretty easy to use the nefmoto application without the risk of breaking anything in the process.. but if you need a complete tutorial I’d be happy to provide paid tutoring sessions and we can see how things go.

Thanks....much more helpful than "nameless" arrogant, insolent response. Sadly, it seems every group has to have a few a**holes in the woodpile.
jwcgc629

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2024, 09:07:29 AM »

Thanks....much more helpful than "nameless" arrogant, insolent response. Sadly, it seems every group has to have a few a**holes in the woodpile.  Question is....where is the link to the download.  I thought I had found it, but the only app that installed was something called VC-Scope 1.9  The file I downloaded is "NefMotoECUFlasher.1.9.4.3" 500KB file size, which seems far too small.  What am I missing ?
jwcgc629

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2024, 09:09:03 AM »

Thanks....much more helpful than "nameless" arrogant, insolent response. Sadly, it seems every group has to have a few a**holes in the woodpile.
  This is the file I found "NefMotoECUFlasher.1.9.4.3"....only 500KB....I must have missed something.
_nameless

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2024, 12:59:29 PM »

Yeah we will see how far it goes. Big words for someone who doesn't even know what software they installed on their computer. Its funny how the only person that is "helping" slings files for $50 bucks... grooming a noob for sales. Nice!

Giving your mom a tuneup
jwcgc629

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2024, 01:54:54 PM »

Yeah we will see how far it goes. Big words for someone who doesn't even know what software they installed on their computer. Its funny how the only person that is "helping" slings files for $50 bucks... grooming a noob for sales. Nice!
  Impressive insolence. Grin  Kudos for your crass, juvenile, pointless "responses", no worries however, I found all the files I needed. At 68 however, I am amused at what little arrogant jerks some of the worst examples of your your generation can be.  Now, go polish the trophies you have collected by being "You". 
jwcgc629

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2024, 01:56:50 PM »

This is the file I found "NefMotoECUFlasher.1.9.4.3"....only 500KB....I must have missed something.

Found the files I needed.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2024, 03:07:10 PM »

They weren't here? https://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=12861.0title=

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
JeanAwt

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2024, 09:48:34 PM »

"Very tired of trying to work with the commercial tuners such at APR, Motoza, Unitronic"

what we are trying to explain to you is that you will be 10 times more tired trying to understand me7.5. I am 40 and it took me 3 years just to understand the basics. 68 is cool even if I prefer the 69 in short burn the beetle bought old gti
 and enjoy life

Are you sure you want to spend months in front of your screen just for a step 1 on a beetle for 30hp? even with 180hp it will never be a sports car. sell this merguez bought a youngtimers gti gti16 g60... it will make you smile again
« Last Edit: October 14, 2024, 10:02:28 PM by JeanAwt » Logged

A4 B5 avant 1.8T 2000 NO QUATTRO
royce5950

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2024, 09:53:42 PM »

"Very tired of trying to work with the commercial tuners such at APR, Motoza, Unitronic"

what we are trying to explain to you is that you will be 10 times more tired trying to understand me7.5. I am 40 and it took me 3 years just to understand the basics.

I spent a hard year at least just delving into research before I even adjusted a single parameter on my me7.5 Jetta I had at the time.. I spent so much time reading and reading and nights would turn to days and I recall one time almost breaking into tears from the mental strain and the pure agony it was causing me just trying to understand what now, years later is just the most basic fundamental aspects of tuning.. I provide tuned files for the ME7.5 at such low prices that if I had access to the files I provide for this cheap a decade ago.. I would have just bought one of my tunes and saved all the hell it was to learn this shit.. I could have spent so many more nights in bed with my now ex fiancé.. rather than all the nights I fell asleep at my computer doing research.. however after all the research came a ton of fun nights with the laptop strapped in the passenger seat doing redline pulls at 3 or 4am on residential city streets trying to slow down once I’ve hit redline because I’m about to hit the busy main highway up ahead  Shocked

Hard to say if I would do it all over again..

shit I probably would.

Purchase Tuned Files Ready To Be FlashedFor Audi / VW 1.8T & 2.0T Engines ➡️ TUNEDBYV3@GMAIL.COMSend Me An Email Now And Save BIG On A Performance Tuned File
JeanAwt

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2024, 10:59:38 PM »

yes fortunately there are still positive sides to learning, understanding how it works is very addictive, adjusting, testing... but above all you have to know why you want to learn this and the aim. most noobs like me will spend months in front of the screen...for...yes the merguez will work better and will make flames but it will always be a crappy setting for X reasons (no bench, lack of understanding of how it works a heat engine, relationships between maps...). It took me a long time to understand the point of view of the elders and professionals here. and even while racking my brain I still write crappy posts. so I would say for a hobby: read...read..tried..reread..before asking a question reread 20 times and search bar...and reread and take the reviews as advanced or ...keep your time

A4 B5 avant 1.8T 2000 NO QUATTRO
jwcgc629

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2024, 12:50:44 PM »

what we are trying to explain to you is that you will be 10 times more tired trying to understand me7.5. I am 40 and it took me 3 years just to understand the basics. 68 is cool even if I prefer the 69 in short burn the beetle bought old gti
 and enjoy life

Are you sure you want to spend months in front of your screen just for a step 1 on a beetle for 30hp? even with 180hp it will never be a sports car. sell this merguez bought a youngtimers gti gti16 g60... it will make you smile again

Thanks....Ive had plenty of Sports cars.  3 RX-7s, 2 Porsche 944s (NA and turbo) 911 Carrera, 4 BMW 3 series including an M.....dont really need a lecture on what Im expecting of Beetle.  Im playing with NefMoto just to see what it is capable of.....Thanks for your input however. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: