Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Repairing the me7 hardware  (Read 6368 times)
ddillenger

« on: February 01, 2013, 03:59:52 PM »

I have an ecu here that had an encryption board. Somewhere along the lines 3 of the eprom pads were lifted and epoxied. The board is pretty much beyond repair as a result. I have another m-box that suffered a bit of water damage, Ideally I'd like to be able to repair one of them, just wondering if anyone has any experience with the hardware. The water damaged ecu has a bit of corrosion on the bottom directly under one of the larger blue capacitors, but I've seen much worse. It's not powering up at the moment.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
ironital

Love what you do tell you do what you want

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 05:35:18 PM »

try to read it use bench harnes

Mohamed fouad
ddillenger

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 05:39:56 PM »

No good. The ecu is not powering up. Has power going in, but when by the time it hits the large capacitor on the power side it's showing roughly 2 volts (whereas a good one shows w/e I input).

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
1gcrazy

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 03:11:04 AM »

If you head over to the DSM world: DSMTuners/DSMTalk, theres a guy on one of those forums named "Steve". Thats his screenname from what I remember, if he isn't directly the guy to talk to about fixing broken traces and tracking down ridiculously difficult ECU problems, he knows who to talk to. I know it's a 'go talk to the guy on that one street corner' scenario but really... if I need to I can put you two in contact of one another...
1gcrazy

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2013, 03:14:22 AM »

http://simon.chi.il.us/ECU/

DSMTuners...
ddillenger

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 03:19:34 AM »

Thanks. I'll shoot him an email (I actually had visited his site and checked out the before and after pics in the past). I'm not holding out too much hope though, the inside of a dsm ecu is infinitely less complicated.

I appreciate it.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
ddillenger

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2013, 10:19:59 AM »

soooo, I've checked just about every component on the board against a known good ecu. Can't find anything wrong (other than the lack of power). Capacitors are all good, I actually pulled them and tested them before reinstalling. I'm at a loss!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: