Pages: [1]
Author Topic: is it possible to scale injectors without changing MAF housing on allroad  (Read 8059 times)
durfAR

I have Frankenturbos, and other supporting mods I want to know if I can change to larger injectors, most likely 440s green giants size, I am thinking that if boost is kept to reasonable levels I do not need the added room of 60lb and 85mm maf.

any ideas or just go with the stage 3 file to make it easy.
judeisnotobscure

You can scale just the injectors... I plan on doing an FT build with 85mm maf and 60lb injectors, but you are proposing should work just fine. If you hit the limit on your maf, you can always make it bigger.

I have a b5 s4
but i just want to dance.
durfAR

thanks, that is my goal after talking with Doug aka Slappy Dunbar, is to get a base file that is cost effective, least amount of required parts, if I go bigger injectors the oem fuel pump should be able to keep up with the fuel pressure unlike a 5bar fpr.

so what I am planning is 440s, i have rs6 intercoolers enroute, 3" downpipes, inlets, i will have a cold air box. since the intercoolers will cut into the airbox. since the FT should not out flow the the stock MAF, but that could not be true.

I want to see if it is possible to get 400whp without a larger MAF.
judeisnotobscure

I would still recomend an upgraded fuel pump... the stock one will only work so hard till it won't.  I just picked up a "new in box" walbro 255 fuel pump for $85 in the classifieds.  Your stock one will work for a while but i think it will burn out eventually.  I think a walbro will work for you, it's pretty cheap too.

I have a b5 s4
but i just want to dance.
julex

thanks, that is my goal after talking with Doug aka Slappy Dunbar, is to get a base file that is cost effective, least amount of required parts, if I go bigger injectors the oem fuel pump should be able to keep up with the fuel pressure unlike a 5bar fpr.

so what I am planning is 440s, i have rs6 intercoolers enroute, 3" downpipes, inlets, i will have a cold air box. since the intercoolers will cut into the airbox. since the FT should not out flow the the stock MAF, but that could not be true.

FTs or K04s will easily outflow stock MAF.

I just switched myself to HPX maf in 3.5" maf housing (totally different boat, this will be used in tial 770s setup) but what this means is that my EPL 85mm MAF housing is looking for new owner. The housing tapers from stock to 85mm internal diameter and although it can measure slightly less than true 85mm housing could, k04 or Ft turbos won't be able to saturate it by long shot.

I would be able to provide accurate maf map for it since I tuned my car to that maf housing.

The cool thing about this maf housing is that it connects to stock airbox so you don't need any additional expense of new airbox or cold intake system. The only mod that's needed to be applied to stock airbox is drill some holes on the bottom of it to facilitate higher and easier flow.

I made over 400whp with that MAF and sub 3s FATs on allroad so it is working just fine Smiley You'd need Rs4 accordion hose (or silicone equivalent from 034/JHM) on the Y-pipe side though. Rs4 accordion then connects to stock y-pipe just fine.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 04:20:37 PM by julex » Logged
julex

FTs or K04s will easily outflow stock MAF.

I just switched myself to HPX maf in 3.5" maf housing (totally different boat, this will be used in tial 770s setup) but what this means is that my EPL 85mm MAF housing is looking for new owner. The housing tapers from stock to 85mm internal diameter and although it can measure slightly less than true 85mm housing could, k04 or Ft turbos won't be able to saturate it by long shot.

I would be able to provide accurate maf map for it since I tuned my car to that maf housing.

The cool thing about this maf housing is that it connects to stock airbox so you don't need any additional expense of new airbox or cold intake system. The only mod that's needed to be applied to stock airbox is drill some holes on the bottom of it to facilitate higher and easier flow.

I made over 400whp with that MAF and sub 3s FATs on allroad so it is working just fine Smiley You'd need Rs4 accordion hose (or silicone equivalent from 034/JHM) on the Y-pipe side though. Rs4 accordion then connects to stock y-pipe just fine.

I had a few people asking me for price for that 85mm housing I have. Something similar with adapter for stock box can be obtained from 034 for 225 + shipping ~ $245. I am willing to part with my housing for 180 shipped if anybody is interested. I paid $300 a year ago (034 was not available at that time yet).

Thanks.
Tony@NefMoto
Administrator

2001.5 Audi S4 Stage 3

You should be able to run up to 17 or 18 psi of boost before you out flow the stock MAF.

Remember you have to log in if you want to see the file attachments!
Info or questions, please add to the wiki: http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki
Follow NefMoto developments on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nefmoto
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: