Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Troubles with flashing  (Read 10430 times)
c00teriyf

« on: May 07, 2011, 04:29:06 PM »

I have finally gotten the cable, power supply, and everything to work. I can get the nefmoto program to read/clear dtcs however it says it is unable to validate my memory layout

"Validation failed, ECU reports RequestUpload service is not supported. RequestUpload may have been disabled by aftermarket engine software"

i get this message, however the ecu is un-molested never modified. i am using the correct ecu definition file for my car (00 A6 2.7T).

"ME7 AM29F800BB" this is the one i am using.

Also when i check the flash to write I get the message
"Checking if flash matches succeeded
Flash memory does not match file to flash"

I was wondering if anyone can shed any light on this. I am in the military and going to deploy in these next couple weeks and want to get my car tuned before I go so my wife can enjoy it without it driving like shit on 630cc's/85mm/k04s on a stock ecu file..eek. thanks for any help.

Im going to continue to search but I have not read about any issues like this yet.

phila_dot

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 05:20:45 PM »

APR trial and time expired?
c00teriyf

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 05:45:02 PM »

apr? its a stock ecu and im using nefmoto. i have a full version of ecux that also works but i dont need it for what im doing.
gremlin

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2011, 06:30:21 PM »

i get this message, however the ecu is un-molested never modified. i am using the correct ecu definition file for my car (00 A6 2.7T).

"ME7 AM29F800BB" this is the one i am using.

What is your ECU number?
Early ECU versions for 2.7T engine have inside Am29F400BB chip.
c00teriyf

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 05:41:56 AM »

it is a k box a6 that i have kicking around from my wifes 00 a6 2.7t that i have been referencing...it is a Bosch MAF but if i flash it for an M-box shouldnt be an issue, no? my stock one is an AA and i get the "immobilizer" message when i try to bench flash it. so im going to try to flash that one in the car from what ive read that should fix the issue. since thats the ecu id wanna use anyway i just hope flashing it in the car would get rid of that immobilizer message, we will see today.
phila_dot

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2011, 06:42:29 AM »

What I meant was if the ECU was ever flashed with the APR trial software, you would not be able to tell but APR's code would still be on there.

Anyway, I'm confused you have a 2002 Tip S4 (AA box) that you are trying to run a 2000 A6 (K box) ECU in with 2001.5 6 speed S4 (M box) software?

Can you more clearly list the details of the car (year, make, model, transmission, original ECU), ECU you are flashing, software you are flashing, and method (bench or in car)?
c00teriyf

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2011, 07:26:12 AM »

What I meant was if the ECU was ever flashed with the APR trial software, you would not be able to tell but APR's code would still be on there.

Anyway, I'm confused you have a 2002 Tip S4 (AA box) that you are trying to run a 2000 A6 (K box) ECU in with 2001.5 6 speed S4 (M box) software?

Can you more clearly list the details of the car (year, make, model, transmission, original ECU), ECU you are flashing, software you are flashing, and method (bench or in car)?

my aa box came off my 01.5 a6 6 speed, stock as shit. apr nothing ever used. i know aa's are also for a 02 tip s4 but they are different part numbers both ending in AA

here: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5051544-F.S.-01-A6-2.7T-ecu
i know not much proof by what some guy says but i have the same ecu.

anyway this is my stock ecu (the aa), i have a spare k box from my wifes 00 a6 6 speed i was trying to flash for my 01.5 a6 while i stiill have the AA in it. buttttttttt i cant get the k box to flash apparently on the bench, it says it cannot validate the memory layout (i tried 29F800BB and 29F800BT, which i read you use for a6/s4). so if i can get that to work thats fine and dandy.

so i tried to hook up the AA box (my stock untouched 01.5 ecu) on the bench and i am getting a immobilizer message from nefmoto saying it needs to be turned off. from what i read it needs to be put into boot mode, or it can be flashed with the ecu installed in the car to get around turning off the immobilizer.

i dont give a shit which one works, as long as i can flash either one of these to work. so imma try to flash AA box on the car now and see what happens.
c00teriyf

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2011, 08:19:57 AM »

UPDATE:  flashed the AA box with the ecu in the car. failed a couple of times

failed under:
fast connect/ max baud...failed at 31
fast connect/ 10400 baud...failed at 52
slow connect/ max baud...failed at 28

then i did a slow connect/10400 baud and it worked and started right up

whipped it around the block and felt pretty good...now off to play around with lemmiwinks and get some logs with ecux and see how it really is doing.. Smiley
phila_dot

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2011, 08:58:59 AM »

Makes sense now. Glad it worked out for you.
julex

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2011, 05:22:40 PM »

And I thought my early Allroad "no letter" ECU was pesky, yours seem to be even worse.
Tony@NefMoto
Administrator

2001.5 Audi S4 Stage 3

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2011, 04:03:20 PM »

Glad you got everything sorted.

Trial programs can prevent the ECU from being read, which prevents validating the memory layouts. It is possible your stock ECU came from Audi with ECU reading disabled for some reason. I have seen some VW R32 ECUs that appear to have had reading disabled by the factory.

Also, some ECUs are happier flashing with a slow init connect versus a fast init connect, or at different baud rates. The different init methods cause the ECU to use different communication settings internally, and some have better implementations than others in the different ECUs.

Remember you have to log in if you want to see the file attachments!
Info or questions, please add to the wiki: http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki
Follow NefMoto developments on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nefmoto
c00teriyf

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2011, 11:23:16 AM »

hey just an update...car runs great im going to play around with it and do some research on here about coding out my EGTs, and secondary O2s.

also just another question, the first ecu i used i did a bench flash on it even though the ecu memory layout didnt match up. it started the car, and i found out more information on here and tried to validate the correct memory layout and to put another flash on it or make it stock but i am unable to write to the ecu. i can check codes and thats about it. any idea on how to fix this? not a big deal but i wanna fix it if i can.
DJGonzo
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2011, 01:54:06 PM »

I've gotten "Validation failed, ECU reports RequestUpload service is not supported. RequestUpload may have been disabled by aftermarket engine software" a couple times.

You can still flash the ECU.

I got that with an APR tuned car. I proceeded to flash it anyways and worked without a hitch.

It even did it once with my own SW when I didn't do anything to disable anything. You can ignore it.
oasis

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2014, 12:43:00 AM »

Did you ever get the A6 K-box ecu flashed with S4 software?

hey just an update...car runs great im going to play around with it and do some research on here about coding out my EGTs, and secondary O2s.

also just another question, the first ecu i used i did a bench flash on it even though the ecu memory layout didnt match up. it started the car, and i found out more information on here and tried to validate the correct memory layout and to put another flash on it or make it stock but i am unable to write to the ecu. i can check codes and thats about it. any idea on how to fix this? not a big deal but i wanna fix it if i can.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: