Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Not meeting req. boost on dyno  (Read 4803 times)
Beaviz

« on: June 20, 2014, 01:13:28 PM »

Had the car on a dyno the other day. Powerwise the result was fine, but the log shows me that the actual boost is far from the requested (see attached image).

Until now I have just been logging on the road and here the boost have always been spot on.

I did not change much in the PID control - actually only KFLDIMX (am still running stock turbo+actuator). Unfortunately I only had one chance of logging on the dyno and did not log the N75 duty cycle.

Did I miss something essential here or what am I doing wrong (attached KFLDIMX org. and mod)?

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 03:46:20 PM »

1) i would not run near the MAP limit w/o the 5120 hack.
2) post full logs

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
ddillenger

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 04:11:41 PM »

We've been doing this for years. I don't see the issue if it's setup properly. I still ride the map limit on a lot of cars.

As for not meeting requested boost, sounds like the dyno wasn't loaded properly.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
tjwasiak

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 06:57:59 PM »

IMHO it is not wise idea to run on limit as you are not aware of any boost spikes which does not have to mean it is improperly tuned - hardware may fail sometime...

@Beaviz - IMHO the load on the dyno was to small but it showed your boost control is not that good as you thought it was - you should have logged N75 duty cycle and compare it with a pull on the road where you have desired boost level.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 08:07:56 PM »

We've been doing this for years. I don't see the issue if it's setup properly. I still ride the map limit on a lot of cars.

agreed but there are a lot of random things to be aware of when running req literally *at* the limit... DSLOFS, I adaptation, etc.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Beaviz

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2014, 12:22:06 PM »

2) post full logs

It is an MED9 ECU, and I have not been looking into how the 5120 hack could be applied here. I guess that it would require quite a lot of disassembling?

That also means that I am limited to logging with VCDS which has a limit of 12 parameters at once. I was cheap and only got one "shot" on the dyno, so I only have one log of 12 parameters. I have attached it anyway. Smiley

I do however have a 3bar MAP sensor added, so I can see if the actual boost spikes any higher than the original MAP sensor could measure.

I can see that more of you guys are suggesting that the dyno was not loaded properly. I will ask the guy that owns the dyno how it was set up - because personally I have no idea. Maybe I should go again to get a better log since I also have to make a few other changes to the file.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: