Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Stuck on "Negotiating communicatiion timings"  (Read 3164 times)
erykv1

« on: December 13, 2015, 12:00:13 AM »

Hello Nef Community,

I am wrapping up a auto to 6 speed swap a along with a few other mods and have reached a point to where I need to flash an updated .bin file to my ECU.

Using ME7 Flasher Logger 1.9.3.2 w/ the correct memory layout, every time I proceed with the "full write flash" it will hang on "negotiating communication timings."

Currently stumped. I've exhausted every option and I need some help! What is odd I feel worth mentioning... although the flasher hangs, I've noticed that the cluster now says "Press Clutch to Start Engine." So that must mean something partially worked?
Not sure why I am getting the security access request message. Is it because of the previous tune thats on the ECU?

Here is the log from the program:

Slow init succeeded.
KWP1281 connect info: 8D0907551L  2.7l V6/5VT     G   0001
Connecting to address 0x11.
Slow init succeeded.
Switching to KWP2000 session.
Connected
Disabling Windows Sleep Mode.
Writing ECU flash memory.
ECU reports programming session preconditions have been met.
Negotiating communication timings.
Successfully changed to new communication timings.
Requesting security access.
ECU Reports that security access request was rejected.
Starting diagnostic session.
Successfully started diagnostic session.
Negotiating communication settings..

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is the last step before I can crank the car over!

Thanks

ddillenger

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 02:49:31 AM »

Change the baud rate to 38400 before hitting FULL WRITE FLASH. It is important to do this RIGHT before pressing the button as when you connect the setting is reverted back to the maximum speed.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
erykv1

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2015, 06:58:40 AM »

I've tried various baud-rates to no avail.

I'm concerned about the "ECU Reports that security access request was rejected." message.
I did a rough search and it seems like the only way around this is to build a bench flasher and disable the immobilizer in boot mode?

Thanks for your advice
ddillenger

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2015, 08:28:46 AM »

I've tried various baud-rates to no avail.

I'm concerned about the "ECU Reports that security access request was rejected." message.

Don't be. It is irrelevant. Do as I instructed and report back.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: