Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How to flash with nefmoto, tutorial video:  (Read 33989 times)
ddillenger

« on: March 24, 2016, 07:12:16 PM »

Big thanks to vdubnation/Mirza for the videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIlQd5VYseo

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2016, 07:20:14 PM »

LOL at millenials who can't read step by step instructions and have to sit through a video that you can't fast forward through easily.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
ddillenger

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2016, 07:25:14 PM »

lol

NOTE!!! These insctructions are in no particular order. You should not attempt to do ANYTHING HERE without first being asked to do so by Daz!

To check fault codes:

Open VCDS

Step1: Click SELECT
Step2: Click ENGINE
Step3: Click FAULT CODES

To check fuel trims:

Step1: Open VCDS
Step2: Click SELECT
Step3:Click ENGINE
Step4: Click 08 Meas. Blocks (right under fault codes)
Step5: enter 032 and hit GO. There will be 4 fields with numbers. Screenshot/take a photo for me.

To Flash a file:

Step1: Save the file to the desktop
Step2: Open Nefmoto Flasher/Logger
Step3: Connect Slow init (top center of the screen)
Step4: Click the KWP2000 Flashing tab (middle left of screen).
Step5: Select CHOOSE FLASH FILE. Navigate to your desktop, select the file saved in Step1.
Step6: Change Baud to 38400 (this step is very important!!!)
Step7: Click FULL WRITE FLASH (right mid screen).
Step8: Click OK past the next two warning screens.

3-4 minutes of flash time

Step9: Once completed, click OK, and then turn key off.

NOTES FOR FLASHING:

If at any point a flash fails, do not cycle the key, just restart the process.

If at any point it fails to connect (error message, unable to open FTDI, etc), just open VCDS and connect.
If that works, restart the flashing sofware.

LOGGING:

Step1: Open ME7logger
Step2: In 3rd gear, 2000rpm, hit START. When the black screen says "PRESS C TO STOP LOGGING" that means it is connected. At that time, you may go wide open to redline.
Step3: At redline, close the window by clicking the X in the top right corner to end the log.
Step4: Email Daz the log. It is stored as a CSV file in teh LOGS folder on the desktop.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
corradovolksb

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2016, 08:10:55 PM »

This will help a lot of people thanks man

2000 Nogaro blue S4 Stage 2. VAG for life.
Mechsoldier

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2016, 10:10:41 PM »

LOL at millenials who can't read step by step instructions and have to sit through a video that you can't fast forward through easily.

I feel ya somewhat. Here's the thing though, and hopefully this might help you think of it differently.

It's NOT just a millennial thing. I had a really hard time figuring out some of the aspects of tuning, not with the Nefmoto software, but I had issues with boot mode programming.

I'm not stupid by any means, hell, I don't even score poorly in reading or language, I never took the sat, but I scored nearly perfect on my military ASVAB in every category...highest my recruiter had ever seen, I was offered any mos I wanted in the Army, even military intelligence.

I still had a HUGE issue trying to learn to boot mode program, I spent an entire night awake after an Allroad ecm became bricked and the customer was freaking out on me.

Science and psychologically have studied the subject intensively and some people are just visual learners. I start reading and get lost when it comes to technical things only, because I start trying to visualize when it's talking about this wire needs power this needs ground, hold for such and such seconds, etc and I get lost.

Once I learned it I wondered how the hell I ever had an issue,  but it's how my brain works.

This isn't really so with reading literature, I even speak German as well no problem and can read it. But if what I am reading is technical or mechanical in nature, if I don't have pictures to see what we are talking about, I quickly become lost.

There's just different learning styles.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2016, 10:23:49 PM »

But if what I am reading is technical or mechanical in nature, if I don't have pictures to see what we are talking about, I quickly become lost.

I'm a visual learner too; i need diagrams and pictures. Hell, even animations can be helpful

But a *narrated* youtube video is almost always shit.

Give me a transcript, or I just want to smash my fist into the narrator's face.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
pshaw93

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2018, 11:33:48 AM »

I'm a visual learner too; i need diagrams and pictures. Hell, even animations can be helpful

But a *narrated* youtube video is almost always shit.

Give me a transcript, or I just want to smash my fist into the narrator's face.

hey i see that me7 tuning guide is s4wiki and is a lagit how to , is there any websites like that for vw mk4 24v vr6 platforms . having trouble finding anything on my platform on here . im going to continue reading a shit ton !
haygood

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2018, 10:11:36 AM »

Funny you are talking about the video being unnecessary.  I was actually thinking how irritating it is that I can't find any complete and decent set of instructions for doing any of this stuff.  Everybody writes a snippet of a procedure, and I appreciate those, but you really can't get going on all of this without reading tons of different instructions.  For examples:

There are wiring diagrams for what connections to make on your ECU and OBD connector to make a bench harness.  However, none of these show a complete wiring diagram, or even describe it.  You need a power supply, you need an ignition switch substitute on line 3. 

I'm still reading on all of this, and I don't mind having to do some research, but it is really odd that there are obviously lots of helpful people here, but neither S4 or NefMoto, as far as I can tell, simply has a complete organized list. 

We are all basically doing the same thing, right?  Start with an ECU in your lap and do all the following steps.  I'm trying to keep track of all I do so I can write something up eventually, but really odd that hasn't been done in 5 or more years. 
gtrkiwi

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2021, 04:36:53 PM »

Hi, great video and post in general, thank you.
A question for flashing my Bentley ME7.1.1
It has two ECU's, a master and a slave. How do I go about flashing both using obd2 or must they be removed and bench flashed?
On the bench you then run into immo issues. I tried to flash a spare ecu I have but it messaged immo not recognised or something to that effect and i could not proceed. I am picking it needs to be in the car to be flashed?
Any pointers or info greatly received!
Cheers.
gtrkiwi

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2021, 12:12:07 AM »

Funny you are talking about the video being unnecessary.  I was actually thinking how irritating it is that I can't find any complete and decent set of instructions for doing any of this stuff.  Everybody writes a snippet of a procedure, and I appreciate those, but you really can't get going on all of this without reading tons of different instructions.  For examples:

There are wiring diagrams for what connections to make on your ECU and OBD connector to make a bench harness.  However, none of these show a complete wiring diagram, or even describe it.  You need a power supply, you need an ignition switch substitute on line 3. 

I'm still reading on all of this, and I don't mind having to do some research, but it is really odd that there are obviously lots of helpful people here, but neither S4 or NefMoto, as far as I can tell, simply has a complete organized list. 

We are all basically doing the same thing, right?  Start with an ECU in your lap and do all the following steps.  I'm trying to keep track of all I do so I can write something up eventually, but really odd that hasn't been done in 5 or more years. 

I hear you Haygood. I too am frustrated by incomplete snippets of info. I have asked a number of questions on this forum but get no replies.
Did you ever put together a comprehensive how to video / tutorial. Precisely an ME7.1.1 would be great!
Cheers.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: