Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New guy saying hi  (Read 6166 times)
boomerro

« on: February 21, 2010, 09:19:00 PM »

Hey guys, was directed here from audizine when talking about ecu tuning.   Seems like a small community now but appears to have growing potential.

I know i am a DIYer and would love to get my DIY fix by fiddling with the ecu maps on the b5 s5 ecu.   ive been reading up on s4 wiki and audizine a lot to figure out how all your tuning systems work.

It appears the way that worked for me was to get TunerProRT, a stock s4 BIN file, and the XDF file that convers the "KDFNDJHNF" map names into some what understandable terms. 

Also i have been reading up on basic tuning methods.  I am no engineer, or software guru so I know all of you guys (tony) are much more knowledgeable than I am.

It appears that you all already have a great start on basic tuning methods like how the boost maps are effected by load requests and intake air tems and things like that.  But i would really like to push things more.   I know in the subie community there has been a great deal of effort in the opensource community to make tuning user friendly.  Id really like to help set up some tuning guidelines, but i know it wont be easy.

So thats my little rant on lack of opensouce for audi ecu's.   

I hope to get my tuning on after i buy a vag-com and/or kwp2000 cables. Smiley

The goal of this site is to openly discuss ME7 tuning and promote good practices.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: