Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How to hide ABS and Airbag DTC after Engine Swap - Searching for CW_CAN_R  (Read 5705 times)
vara82

Hey Guys...
I need your help again...

I´ve finished my engine swap to my Polo 6N, all works fine but there is a little cosmetical thing that i would have to gone away.

I´ve two fault codes...

P1523 and P1649

They are because the Polo don´t have CAN Communication with ABS and Airbags (ABS and Airbags are still mounted but original from the Polo and they don´t have CAN).

I want to hide these codes, i´ve read that i´ve to edit CW_CAN_R and CW_CAN_C.

But i don´t know how to find the correct parameters Sad
I´ve a well defined XDF from fukenbroken but i´m missing the CAN Parameters.

Can anyone tell me where can i find them and what i´ve to do with it?!

My stock DR and FC Files are attached... I need to know where CAN Tables are in both files.

Best regards for your help,
Flo
k0mpresd

0x131FC range in your 032DR.
nubcake

Also, check out this thread dealing with the same issue:
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=6993.0

You might have to change CWCS as well.
vwaudiguy

13---->00 @ 0x10783 This should take care of the airbag/crash signal in the 360128 file.

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
vara82

Hey guys...
Thanks so much for your help...
I don´t understand so much so i don´t know what i´ve to do with "0x131FC" Range ...
What i´ve to do with it?! Open a new scalar, table,...?!
If i open a new scalar with 0x131FC i get "70" in it...

Then... What i´ve to do with 0x10783?! Which is my 360128 File?! If i take 0x10783 as a new scalar into both of my files File i´ll get "19" not 13...

You see, i´m really a noob...
Perhaps i should let everything as it is... I think it´s too complicated for me to code out the fault codes...
nyet
Administrator

0x13 = 19

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
vara82

Oh man... I don´t really understand what i´ve to do...

i think i should let the fault codes there where they are.

Perhaps i´ll read how to do this in the next winter and then i test it.

Did anyone know where "tjwasiak" is gone?!

He had written for me a FC file without the fault codes... That was a really nice turn from him, but he isn´t active here anymore and don´t answer my PM Sad
I´ll try to find the differences between stock file and the file he had written, but he changed some more on it and i don´t have a well defined xdf for the FC.
But i can´t match them to the DR file so i´m unable to turn the codes off in my DR file...

Much thanks to you all guy to try to help me... But now i see that i´ve much to learn and then i´ll try it...

Best regards,
Flo
mdz

Hello!
I have the same problem - I'm familiar with finding maps but still struggle with codewords and single values. Just finished 1.8T ME7.5 swap in 1994 Audi 80 and I'm getting airbag error because there's no CANbus in my car. Can anyone please can take a look and help me to find values to disable CAN functionality?  Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: