Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Maf issue  (Read 4186 times)
00b5

« on: June 29, 2016, 09:17:37 AM »

Hey guys quick question I just flashed a different tune I wrote onto my car last night and it barely runs / like complete shit with the maf plugged in. Unplug it and the car is an animal, I'm at work so I haven't been able to look it over again on tuner pro but does it sound like the maf scaling is off? I lm now wondering if I had forgotten to switch from hitatchi to Bosch on tuner pro, however I was under the impression the car wouldn't work at all if the scaling was off, any advice is appreciated!
nubcake

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 09:34:31 AM »

Hey guys quick question I just flashed a different tune I wrote onto my car last night and it barely runs / like complete shit with the maf plugged in. Unplug it and the car is an animal, I'm at work so I haven't been able to look it over again on tuner pro but does it sound like the maf scaling is off? I lm now wondering if I had forgotten to switch from hitatchi to Bosch on tuner pro, however I was under the impression the car wouldn't work at all if the scaling was off, any advice is appreciated!

You provided the answer yourself. Double-check MAF values.
00b5

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 10:13:14 AM »

Yeah that's the plan I just don't get out of work for a few hours and have been tossing ideas around all morning so figured I'd ask lol, thanks
00b5

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2016, 01:52:40 PM »

I know this has been asked 8 million times but just out of curiosity is there any real advantage to swap to hitatchi? I ask because I do have both mafs but my car is a 00 and I've never actually had a problem with the maf. I've heard from both ends on which is better but what is the final answer?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2016, 02:54:53 PM »

No advantage to Hitachi except for anecdotal reliability stories. Ymmv

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: