Pages: [1]
Author Topic: VW Passat W8 4.0 BDN 07D906018C 0261207019 366337 Defninition file PROJECT  (Read 4642 times)
mister t

So I was bored a few days back and I happened across a Passat W8 ORI file.

Since I'm sure that there is no existing definition file for a W8, I decided to start making one for anyone who might be interested in tuning their W8.

I've gotten a pretty good chunk of the maps defined so far. As far as I know, all the major maps are correct (axis included). I did the best I could with the smaller maps, but if you're looking for a specific 1x1 or 2D map, you should check it against an available DAMOS from another ME 7.1.1 platform.

So with no further ado, here's the first version of my W8 definition file Smiley

I uploaded the ORI in .bin form/ map pack in .kp/ and the winOLS file (version 2.24).
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 12:03:24 PM by mister t » Logged
k0mpresd

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2016, 06:32:16 AM »

i think you are confused as to what a damos actually is.
mister t

Yeah, I guess it's a habit I picked up from other forum posts where definition files were incorrectly referred to as DAMOS files as well. That said, I guess definition file or map pack is probably the appropriate term for what I posted.

Although just for my edification, what is technically a DAMOS (is it a combination of the .a2l+hex+(and another file type I can't remember offhand) that comes directly from the manufacturer?

In any event, let me know if there are any major errors that you notice. As indicated, I'm pretty sure that all the major maps (i.e. ignition, cam phasing, etc.. are correct).
Drehkraft

Any update on this project?  I have a W8 sitting the driveway Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: