Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25
Author Topic: NOTORIOUS VR's M-box Stage 2++ and ALL VARIATIONS. NO NEW THREADS ON THIS.  (Read 248454 times)
Snow Trooper

not the way that you did it aleast, the way you have it it will be switching the came state back and forth in the fat of the power band, thats no good.

also there it some serious flaws in the KR based fueling like the zero row for no knock, just go over them and you will catch it.

trust me I have seen WAY worse. Tongue

cartoons?
6A 61 72 65 64 40 76 6C 6D 73 70 65 63
corradovolksb

as per snow troopers recommendatoins I have changed the cam change over back to stock I also made changes to the readiness code so that it will pass emmissions on the 2000 s4. i looked over the fueling and i do not have the KR fueling activated and thats why it is not configured in KFLAMKRL. If anyone else has any other suggestions by all means let me know.

2000 Nogaro blue S4 Stage 2. VAG for life.
Snow Trooper

Some stuff is on and some is off, its weird, I compared the file to other people's including other NVR files and its like when you built off a als/nls file you got some bugs.

cartoons?
6A 61 72 65 64 40 76 6C 6D 73 70 65 63
nubtuner

I tried looking for a stg2 Hitachi tune for 91oct, but I was not able to find any. I particularly like your tune because I have the same exhaust setup with a FMIC and a modded airbox . I bought the car complete stock with a stg1 GIAC tune, but i feel it completely falls on its face with this tune. Being able to tune has been something ive always been interested in excited that i came across this website!

Do you happen to know the threads that have the other stg2 tunes that i can use to practice my flashing? Im sure its probably easy.

Thanks again for the help you are giving me, its really appreciated!

AndiS4

Nice Tune (just by looking at it on the computer)..

Does the Lamba follow directly The changes LAMFA? Great idea to change the axis data Smiley
If it follows, wouldnt it be better to got a bit leaner?

Did you change MLHFM of this tune step by step for leaning / enriching problematical areas? Or does it differ because of the boschmaf?

Regards...

corradovolksb

Nice Tune (just by looking at it on the computer)..

Does the Lamba follow directly The changes LAMFA? Great idea to change the axis data Smiley
If it follows, wouldnt it be better to got a bit leaner?

Did you change MLHFM of this tune step by step for leaning / enriching problematical areas? Or does it differ because of the boschmaf?

Regards...

Thank you it has been a work in progress for a some time now and I have got it dialed in pretty good. the only bummer is that its super hot in az right now and my stock intercoolers heat soak really fast haha. i just have to save up for new ones.

I just got my AEM wideband o2 sensor and will be installing it today so I will be able to tell you for sure if the requested AFR is folowing LAMFA like it should be. according to my logs I have done in the past it is very close to the 11.8afr. yes it would make a little more power if it was leaner but alot of research by other tuners suggest that 11.8afr is optimal for the S4 and plus i like the safety of more fuel under WOT.

the change of the axis was NVR's doing on his file that I started with so I cant take credit for that  Smiley
but changing the axis must be done so that LAMFA will work right and not just dump fuel when you are cruising like the stock valve is set up for.

no I copied over the MLHFM values and all of the other MAF values from a stock abox to the Mbox so that the bosch maf can be used. 

AndiS4

Oh, now I see MLHFM is similar to mine D-box (boschmaf) Maf.

Normally / physically an afr near 12.5 should be better, but I see, you didnt have any egts, right?
So you have to be sure, it doesnt get too lean...

Hot in AZ? I wish it would be sumemr as it was supposed to be here in Germany.. here its nice for engines.. 16° C...
corradovolksb

Oh, now I see MLHFM is similar to mine D-box (boschmaf) Maf.

Normally / physically an afr near 12.5 should be better, but I see, you didnt have any egts, right?
So you have to be sure, it doesnt get too lean...

Hot in AZ? I wish it would be sumemr as it was supposed to be here in Germany.. here its nice for engines.. 16° C...

Ya a 12.5 afr would make a lil more power but ya no egt's so I like the being sure I dont lean out.
Oh ya it's super hot 112F the past few days. Wish it was that nice here. Heatsoak is a bitch haha.

Jason

Breaks everything!

I'm in AZ too and I don't even want to put the engine back in my car right now... it's rarely below 100 in my garage right now. Grin
tnel20

looks like a few of us getting killed by the heat.
corradovolksb

ya for sure today was really bad with the super high humidity and 107F temp my s4 does not like it at all.

trichard3000

« Reply #116 on: August 09, 2012, 11:58:35 AM »

Here are some goofy logs running a derivative of this file.  (Tweaked for Bosch MAF and coded out rear O2's)  A couple of times I've dropped into limp mode but I was able to get this pull logged.  I'm running 93 with intake and catback.

I'm still learning how to interpret most all of this stuff but I thought I'd throw this out for comments.  What's the most common cause of actual boost over then undershooting requested boost?

Thanks, all!

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #117 on: August 09, 2012, 01:10:25 PM »

Improperly tuned PID for your setup

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
trichard3000

« Reply #118 on: August 09, 2012, 06:42:16 PM »

Improperly tuned PID for your setup

How about that WGDC?  I haven't seen enough examples to recognize good from bad. I want to spot and fix any potential hardware issues before starting tweaking things.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #119 on: August 09, 2012, 07:58:07 PM »

Honestly, it isn't terrible. I wouldn't touch it until you clean up the requested boost. You have a notch there due to cam changeover (see tuning page on s4wiki).

then, relog, and we'll take another look

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25
  Print  

Jump to: