Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45
Author Topic: MED9.1 Tuning/FAQ/Help Thread  (Read 305469 times)
Beaviz

« Reply #645 on: October 31, 2016, 12:46:18 AM »

What mpps is recommended?

What car? Generally most clones work fine with MED9, with the exception of certain Audis.
Beaviz

« Reply #646 on: March 14, 2017, 05:10:35 AM »

Do any of you have experience in changing to an aftermarket intake and having timing pull?

I just swapped back to my stock intake to notice that I have a lot less timing pull in the lower RPM than I have with my aftermarket intake (BSH True Seal).

Did any of you correct KFKHFM or set it to all 1 when not using the stock intake?
vwaudiguy

« Reply #647 on: March 14, 2017, 08:40:59 AM »

Not enough information. Do you have logs? What exactly is "lower RPM" to you? What does lambda control do when the timing pull happens? If you're using the same timing maps between intakes, I would assume things need to be tailored to each manifold. Variable intake flaps?

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
littco

« Reply #648 on: March 14, 2017, 09:39:42 AM »

Do any of you have experience in changing to an aftermarket intake and having timing pull?

I just swapped back to my stock intake to notice that I have a lot less timing pull in the lower RPM than I have with my aftermarket intake (BSH True Seal).

Did any of you correct KFKHFM or set it to all 1 when not using the stock intake?

you need to log the maf readings, chances are they are different and thus the LOAD is different and thus using different cells on the timing maps...
Beaviz

« Reply #649 on: March 14, 2017, 11:02:01 AM »

Not enough information. Do you have logs? What exactly is "lower RPM" to you? What does lambda control do when the timing pull happens? If you're using the same timing maps between intakes, I would assume things need to be tailored to each manifold. Variable intake flaps?

Will do some logging when I get the time to change back to the aftermarket intake.

It is most significant below 2500RPM I think. I am using all the stock functions in terms of lambda control and component protection, so it would richen the mixture when it retards the timing. I am using the exact same timing maps - no changes to the software or calibration at all. Still have the runner flaps as well.

you need to log the maf readings, chances are they are different and thus the LOAD is different and thus using different cells on the timing maps...

How would you compare the MAF readings between two intakes? Would you just make an assumption that the same amount of boost would equal the same amount of air or am I missing something? Smiley
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 12:30:59 AM by Beaviz » Logged
cerips

« Reply #650 on: March 14, 2017, 11:19:46 AM »

How would you compare the MAF readings between two intakes?

Measure mass airflow against rpm for both intakes.
sonique

« Reply #651 on: March 29, 2017, 08:54:10 AM »

« Last Edit: October 04, 2021, 08:06:59 AM by sonique » Logged
Beaviz

« Reply #652 on: August 02, 2017, 02:02:29 PM »

Looking for CWMDAPP in this software 1Z0907115A 0261S02339 386859.

I am comparing to a fully defined file.

Am I correct it is located at 0x1DCEAC?
AudiA32012

« Reply #653 on: August 25, 2021, 06:19:38 AM »

Didnt have to change anything to accommodate the exhaust, for the k04 I had to relocate the dumpvalve otherwise both were bolt ons.

k04 compressor housing/turbine with a billet compressor wheel.

Cool..I just did the exact same thing after a rebuild on a 2012 AudiA3

Some fantastic info in this post..thanks for sharing guys !

simonas88

« Reply #654 on: July 24, 2022, 11:45:09 PM »

Can I flash TTS original file to Golf R? Assuming I keep Golf's eeprom intact. The reason for reflash is MAF sensor change.
Nitefly

« Reply #655 on: September 08, 2022, 04:18:03 AM »

Hey together.

A while ago i read a thread where a person explained step by step how he bought a used ecu (med9.1) and how he cloned it, and what tools/hardware he bought. I searched the forum now for 20 minutes, but cant find that thread. Anyone know that thread and can post a link to that one? :-) Thanks
Nitefly

« Reply #656 on: December 06, 2022, 01:55:34 AM »

So i am about to tune my Golf mk5 Edition30 with DSG soon.
My ECU was tuned before and I made a readout and have compared dato to a stock edition 30 file as well to a stock Audi S3 file.

I have though a question regarding the torque limitation to the DSG. I cannot figure it out where/how it is done without flash the TCU.

Is the limitation done by leaving KFMIOPS stock (S3 file is different compared to the stock edition 30 and the already tuned file on my old ecu when a bought the car)?

Or is it just done by setting MDMAXXBI to 350NM as in the stock S3 file???

Thanks in advance :-)
Nitefly

« Reply #657 on: December 06, 2022, 11:56:39 AM »

I just found this awesome thread, it explained everything good, if someone later is looking for the same answer :-)

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=16761.15
Nitefly

« Reply #658 on: November 09, 2023, 01:04:12 PM »

Hey again.

Maybe some of you can help me regarding something.
The other threads regarding KFZW and KFZW2 didnt answer my question, so I will ask here instead.

My mk5 GTI edition 30 (1k0907115L) has 3x KFZW maps and 3x KFZW2 maps.
For each of those two, the first and third map has the same Values. The second map for KFZW and KFZW2 has other data.

What I am wondering, I compared the data to the Audi S3 (same generation) it has the same values, in all three KFZW and the same values in all three KFZW2 maps.

Why does the mk5 GTI Edition30 have different values in the second KFZW and second KFZW2 compared to the first and thrid one?

Second thing, which map is used at fulload…?
According to the FR, KFZW is used when the intake camshaft is not active and the runner flaps are not active. The KFZW2 is used when the intake camshaft is active and the runnerflaps are not used.

So which map is used at fulload…? May be easier for the Audi S3 since all KFZW are the same and all KFZW2 are the same…

My best guess, correct me if i am wrong, the intake camshaft is active at partload due to emissions and other stuff….but not at fulload…?
prj

« Reply #659 on: November 10, 2023, 12:35:33 AM »

Why does the mk5 GTI Edition30 have different values in the second KFZW and second KFZW2 compared to the first and thrid one?
These are data sets selected by engine coding. Probably calibrated for a different market with different fuel.
Find out which dataset is used in your case and ignore all the other maps.

Second thing, which map is used at fulload…?
Either modify the KFZW maps in the datasets one by one at low load to have some stupid low values, and check after each modification when your timing drops, then you know which dataset is active.
Or tune all of them the same.

According to the FR, KFZW is used when the intake camshaft is not active and the runner flaps are not active. The KFZW2 is used when the intake camshaft is active and the runnerflaps are not used.
No, that is not the case at all. KFZW and KFZW2 are blended using fnwue based on camshaft position.

My best guess, correct me if i am wrong, the intake camshaft is active at partload due to emissions and other stuff….but not at fulload…?
You're completely wrong. Log wnwse_w instead of guessing, and look at the KFNWSE map.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45
  Print  

Jump to: