Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 45
Author Topic: MED9.1 Tuning/FAQ/Help Thread  (Read 316982 times)
lulu2003

« Reply #360 on: July 09, 2013, 02:06:53 AM »

short questions, as it's quite hard to use the search function:

how far does ingnition retard (or even shut off??) when DSK shifts and med9 gets CAN message "Zuendwinkelrücknahme"?

Do you think a lighter single mass fly wheel can help shifting WOT? either improving shift times with DSG or manual gearbox with NLS implemented? It will help matching revs faster but clutch switch must be even more precise to sync NLS without revving up?

« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 02:42:43 AM by lulu2003 » Logged
lulu2003

« Reply #361 on: July 13, 2013, 07:10:20 AM »

according to latest possible ignition angle by gear box (Map f(n,rl)) this is only 5-10 degrees later than normal, what exactly causes the popping when DSG shifts? can anyone provide a log with good sampling frequency?
Beaviz

« Reply #362 on: July 20, 2013, 08:48:40 AM »

How do you guys change KFMIOP on MED9.1?

Does all the stuff from ME7 apply here as well?

So is the recommended way is to rescale the axis (including changing the maps that share the axis)?

Anyone? Is it recommended to rescale KFMIOP axis and afterwards alter KFZWOP/2 that share the same axis? Or do you leave these parts unchanged?
lulu2003

« Reply #363 on: July 21, 2013, 06:53:29 AM »

I´d do it like me7
majorahole

« Reply #364 on: July 22, 2013, 08:59:15 AM »

Anyone? Is it recommended to rescale KFMIOP axis and afterwards alter KFZWOP/2 that share the same axis? Or do you leave these parts unchanged?
ive tried it bother ways, so far.
my tuning process was kinda all over the place, while i was learning in the beginning.
i tried not re-scaled with just using the me7 wizard for IOP and IRL maps, then i tried re-scaling the axis on both, and now im back to a modified IRL and stock IOP with stock axis.
after i changed axis i noticed it wasnt requesting as much load, so i went back.
i will be experimenting again here with the axis on both maps soon.

its just fun for me and a learning experience, so i don't mind figuring out the best way.
Beaviz

« Reply #365 on: July 23, 2013, 12:43:36 AM »

ive tried it bother ways, so far.
my tuning process was kinda all over the place, while i was learning in the beginning.
i tried not re-scaled with just using the me7 wizard for IOP and IRL maps, then i tried re-scaling the axis on both, and now im back to a modified IRL and stock IOP with stock axis.
after i changed axis i noticed it wasnt requesting as much load, so i went back.
i will be experimenting again here with the axis on both maps soon.

its just fun for me and a learning experience, so i don't mind figuring out the best way.

Thanks for your input!

Will be looking forward to your new experiments, so please post your findings here. Smiley

When you changed the axis in IOP did you also change the values in the KFZWOP/2 maps accordingly or did you just leave these as stock?
majorahole

« Reply #366 on: July 23, 2013, 05:55:17 AM »

Thanks for your input!

Will be looking forward to your new experiments, so please post your findings here. Smiley

When you changed the axis in IOP did you also change the values in the KFZWOP/2 maps accordingly or did you just leave these as stock?
i dont think so, i cant really remember.(it was a while ago)
i will try changing those axis next time i reflash
majorahole

« Reply #367 on: July 26, 2013, 06:08:27 AM »

so ive noticed a pretty steep decrease in power when outside temps are higher, like around 80deg F or higher.
i assumed this was normal until it cooled down and i could feel how much faster my car is with cooler outside temps.
do you guys think this is software related?
Rick

« Reply #368 on: July 26, 2013, 08:16:18 AM »

That depends whether your load request is down
majorahole

« Reply #369 on: July 26, 2013, 11:22:48 AM »

That depends whether your load request is down

spec vs actual log with vcds?
Rick

« Reply #370 on: July 26, 2013, 02:01:00 PM »

Yes, and look at spec corrected also.
mrompe

« Reply #371 on: August 09, 2013, 07:22:59 AM »

Good day everyone.. I had a neighbor kid approach me a few months ago, and he was explaining to me that, he was able to flash my ECU. We'll needless to say, my Audi will not start and the millage went from 49,000 miles to "SAFE". He had no idea what he had done and I can tune a carb or set timing with a distributer. So that really puts me out of fixing my ECU. My car is a 2008 Audi A4 S-Line 2.0L Turbo W/ 7 speed auto fwd. I had an extra laptop laying around and he used it to perform the flash.
So here is what he used: MPPS V.5 china and a bin file he downloaded from the internet. I have done "a lot" of research on flashing in the past few months, and screwing with a cars .bin file when you have no idea what you are doing, will screw you big time!! I have his cable and the original ECU .bin file.
Can someone please take a look at my cars bin file, and please, please, please remove my immo! From what I have reed, this is the problem. My dash pin is not matching the ecu immo pin code. "my ecu is flashed with someone else's ECU .bin file!" I think it is a VW Caddy .bin file???
My cars ECU Info:
Soft # 1037389075
Hardware # 0261S02521
MED9.1 Software # 8E1910115G
2.0l R4/4V TFSI

Thank you, very much for your time and please, any help is greatly appreciated. "I can follow directions" so if you do not want to fix it for me, please send me directions on fixing my problem.
Thank You, Mike R.
majorahole

« Reply #372 on: August 09, 2013, 07:39:01 AM »

Yes, and look at spec corrected also.
they're fine, is that my only option? I also have an intercooler I've been meaning to install to help some too, just haven't had time to make piping and figure out connections
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 04:07:41 PM by majorahole » Logged
majorahole

« Reply #373 on: August 09, 2013, 07:42:02 AM »

Good day everyone.. I had a neighbor kid approach me a few months ago, and he was explaining to me that, he was able to flash my ECU. We'll needless to say, my Audi will not start and the millage went from 49,000 miles to "SAFE". He had no idea what he had done and I can tune a carb or set timing with a distributer. So that really puts me out of fixing my ECU. My car is a 2008 Audi A4 S-Line 2.0L Turbo W/ 7 speed auto fwd. I had an extra laptop laying around and he used it to perform the flash.
So here is what he used: MPPS V.5 china and a bin file he downloaded from the internet. I have done "a lot" of research on flashing in the past few months, and screwing with a cars .bin file when you have no idea what you are doing, will screw you big time!! I have his cable and the original ECU .bin file.
Can someone please take a look at my cars bin file, and please, please, please remove my immo! From what I have reed, this is the problem. My dash pin is not matching the ecu immo pin code. "my ecu is flashed with someone else's ECU .bin file!" I think it is a VW Caddy .bin file???
My cars ECU Info:
Soft # 1037389075
Hardware # 0261S02521
MED9.1 Software # 8E1910115G
2.0l R4/4V TFSI

Thank you, very much for your time and please, any help is greatly appreciated. "I can follow directions" so if you do not want to fix it for me, please send me directions on fixing my problem.
Thank You, Mike R.

checksum error??
99pwr

« Reply #374 on: August 09, 2013, 08:28:20 AM »

Checksumm corected:
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 45
  Print  

Jump to: