Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Saving current tune  (Read 5638 times)
00b5

« on: July 10, 2016, 08:22:49 PM »

Super noob question and forgive me if I overlooked it on the wiki but is there any way to connect to the car and save the current tune file to my computer? I ask because Everytime I modify my tune I have to keep going back to the original file and modifying it all over again, if I could save what I had I could tweak the same file as I go along, any advice is appreciated
vwaudiguy

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2016, 09:34:16 PM »

Super noob question and forgive me if I overlooked it on the wiki but is there any way to connect to the car and save the current tune file to my computer? I ask because Everytime I modify my tune I have to keep going back to the original file and modifying it all over again, if I could save what I had I could tweak the same file as I go along, any advice is appreciated

What?

What are you using to modify the file? How can you not have the modded file after you're done modding it, and flash it to the car? This sounds like a thinly disguised effort to get info on how to read a
 tuned ecu. My apologies if I'm off base.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 09:03:50 AM by vwaudiguy » Logged

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
_nameless

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 03:48:58 AM »

sounds like it to me Wink

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
adam-

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2016, 03:51:56 AM »

Yeah, what?  So you edit your file, and then upload it?  How do you upload it?  
00b5

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2016, 04:32:48 AM »

I use tuner pro to modify it but what I'm saying is I've been modding the original bin Everytime I make a change so I have like 7 different files now instead of just one to keep tweaking, for example I made a stage 2 file but say I want to change my AL rpm setting, the way I've been doing it instead of just changing the Rpm on the file currently on the car I start all over again with the original bin and have to re write the whole tune, maybe that's just how it is sorry if it sounded confusing, I guess it doesn't really matter was just trying to save a step
00b5

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2016, 05:35:39 AM »

I actually just realized maybe that's the only way to do it, every file I modify just keep moving to the next I guess?
_nameless

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2016, 06:50:30 AM »

If you use winOLS it will create versions and you can Make notes for each version change. You can compare files and it even will show you what maps are edited after modifying them. In tuner pro you can export your current version checksum it then write it to your car. Tuner pro slats keeps your last bin loaded in the file every time you open it so unless your working on Many files you should be able to start where you left off or load the previous version. Regardless I still don't understand how you've managed to tune your car without the basic understanding of how to read and write your file?...

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Carsinc

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2016, 09:47:33 PM »

So you make 00b5st2.bin, then you decide I want to modify 00b5st2.bin and instead of loading 00b5st2.bin
you load 00b5ori.bin and redo everything except what you wanted to change?

Why would you not just load 00b5st2.bin and modify that?

I really do not understand what the problem is.
k0mpresd

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2016, 10:03:09 PM »

over the years, i have become so accustomed to the taste of paint chips, i actually enjoy eating them now.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: