Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 8E0 909 518 AF - Need .xdf file  (Read 5288 times)
jutny

« on: July 15, 2016, 12:25:06 AM »

I have searched, and so far found 2 .xdf files. I am leery because the two come up quite differently in tunerpro, and both seem very "low" on info compared to what the S4 M-Box guys have on their go-to .xdf I'm just hoping to get some concrete info before I dig in any further.

find my read attached, for a new to me 2003 b6 a4 1.8t avant w/ gt2871r and supporting mods, stock rods (boooo)

thanks in advance. It's getting prepped for the track as we speak (road course, NYST and perhaps Limerock and Monticello) and I can't wait to dig in and figure out what other dumbness I can find (and fix) that was done to this poor car. I originally bought it from a kid that "couldn't" fix the overboost problem. Well, I signed the paperwork, paid him, drove around the corner and hooked up the ripped wastegate line. Wouldn't you know it ran pretty good Smiley
Carsinc

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 08:32:42 PM »

I'm like 99percent thats a protune but i saw no sig. Just a noread and it looks completely different
jutny

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2016, 10:25:29 PM »

can you elaborate? I know the car was supposedly "tuned" but I don't even think the kid I bought the car from knew anything about what went on. He was not even the one that built it, so I just know what the parts are, can't speak for the tune.

I got the noread when I tried it in WinOLS, and a lot of values that don't make sense when I look at them with most of the XDF's that look like they should work.
jutny

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2016, 10:29:53 PM »

I have a 2nd ecu that came with the car, presumably stock? Maybe tomorrow I'll plug in this ECU and read it out as well, and see if there are any markings on the mystery ECU (I don't think I've actually had it out yet) the car actually works quite well other than an overboost issue that ISNT related to the initial wastegate line problem, unless the wastegate itself is damaged. Mostly I wanted to play with the fueling up top, as it doesn't lean out as much as I'd like according to my wideband, and I'm not hitting full duty cycle at least not when I looked into it quickly.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 10:34:27 PM by jutny » Logged
jutny

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2016, 11:25:25 AM »

anybody else have any ideas?
ktm733

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2016, 01:43:01 PM »

start from scratch or post your bin to remove the tag
jutny

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2016, 04:25:33 PM »

I posted the 1mb read in the initial post, unless you're referring to something else. I'm new to these ecu's.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: