Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Author Topic: LTFT issus  (Read 53770 times)
Carsinc

« Reply #90 on: August 17, 2016, 08:25:19 PM »

So replace the chain it take 30min.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 08:27:26 PM by Carsinc » Logged
gman86

« Reply #91 on: August 18, 2016, 01:49:16 AM »

For some reason it won't let me upload the picture. Either way none of the blocks were over 3% so in spec. Guys you keep worrying about the intake or maf! Do you understand what happens when you erase a code and unplug the maf? It runs off the map readings! I've covered this base already. I've even possession log with maf unplug and cleared values to show you the facts. I honestly am a little worried about the cam timing. The timing marks line up, so this means my chain has skipped a tooth/horrible slack. Yet it sets no code and runs pretty well? The cam sprocket being in time means the intake cam is off a tooth. Is it possible being off one tooth could throw off the injection time? Causing this whole thing?

Intake and MAF are the biggest causes of additive fuel trims on boost. I didn't know if you'd cleared codes and reset adaptations, hence why I asked to. If you simple disconnect the MAF it'll run on its last learned adaptions. I'd still be keen to see the logs of the MAF disconnected and codes cleared.

Do you have a read off your ECU? I'd like to make a small tweak and see how it affects it. I'll also explain what I did.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #92 on: August 18, 2016, 10:06:54 AM »

You should disregard anything you see when disconnecting the MAF, it tells you nothing of any use.

Debug the problem you know you have first, don't introduce other stupid things.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
ktm733

« Reply #93 on: August 18, 2016, 04:31:39 PM »

You should disregard anything you see when disconnecting the MAF, it tells you nothing of any use.

Debug the problem you know you have first, don't introduce other stupid things.

Replacing chain and tensioner, as it's a know fact that it's bad. Once replaced, I'll update everybody.

Thanks everybody for the help
gman86

« Reply #94 on: August 18, 2016, 04:43:28 PM »

Chain doesn't stretch, just gets noisy on TFSI. It certainly doesn't affect AFR to the point where it adds fuel.
ktm733

« Reply #95 on: August 19, 2016, 04:58:27 AM »

My engine is a fsi bpy, why is measuring block 93 show 9 then?
Carsinc

« Reply #96 on: August 19, 2016, 06:29:48 AM »

Dude at this point the seed is in your mind, pull the pump, pull hpfp, pull the cover check the rings for
the cam adjuster and replace the chain. Its not hard or expensive, while I seriously doubt it will fix
your car it will make you happier.
Then can we get back to Diag, Lee is still waiting for adpt values so he can provide the solution.
gman86

« Reply #97 on: August 19, 2016, 06:40:55 AM »

My engine is a fsi bpy, why is measuring block 93 show 9 then?

The VVT can accommodate slight variances. It's a tiny chain, any stretch would be tiny and easily compensated by the PID for the cam angle adjuster. What's important is the camshaft angle meets what the ecu expects. Log 091 to see spec and actual intake cam advance. Also, intake cam timing being out would only affect AFR if it allowed such valve overlap that you ended up blowing fresh charge out the exhaust. You'd know about that then.
ktm733

« Reply #98 on: August 19, 2016, 10:24:20 AM »

The VVT can accommodate slight variances. It's a tiny chain, any stretch would be tiny and easily compensated by the PID for the cam angle adjuster. What's important is the camshaft angle meets what the ecu expects. Log 091 to see spec and actual intake cam advance. Also, intake cam timing being out would only affect AFR if it allowed such valve overlap that you ended up blowing fresh charge out the exhaust. You'd know about that then.

Good information
Carsinc

« Reply #99 on: August 19, 2016, 10:58:49 AM »

I'm lost.
ktm733

« Reply #100 on: August 20, 2016, 12:34:49 PM »

Nyet stated fix the problem first. How can we diagnose a problem when we have other Robles? You stated my chain is faulty. So you have to fix things before you diagnose it. What if it was? I highly doubt it but it needs to be done
Carsinc

« Reply #101 on: August 20, 2016, 06:28:34 PM »

Not me I did not say it was bad that was the Lee guy(who I am kinda starting to like)
I just agreed that as long as you see it as a problem it will always be a problem.
Its been like a week since you said you wanted to replace the chain, have you
still not done it?
gman86

« Reply #102 on: August 20, 2016, 06:31:16 PM »

Fuck sake. Either fix the chain or leave it. It's not the cause of this issue though. Nyet, can this thread be split.
ktm733

« Reply #103 on: October 11, 2016, 10:51:24 AM »

Hey guys, I finished up the rs6 project so back to this pos a3. So I logged a decent amount today, still am not seeing what is causing this!
I performed a boost leak test today to find zero leaks. now going off what I know and what is replaced how is this possible? no leaks, everything is new, yet my trims are at 20%partial and -1% idle?
ktm733

« Reply #104 on: November 08, 2016, 05:02:13 PM »

Guys it's fixed! Previous owner replaced fuel pressure sensor in the rail. Well being 08 I believe he got the wrong sensor. I ran out if road to take so I went with an 09 sensor. Trims are now at 6%. Is this a band aide or the actual cure? Loga show hpfp following requested just like it did with the faulty sensor? I'm happy with it at 6% so I'm officially done with this car. Selling it and buying an a4.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  

Jump to: