Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: "RequestUpload may have been disabled by aftermarket engine software"  (Read 37120 times)
TheCream

Disabling Windows sleep mode.
Reading ECU flash memory.
Negotiating communication timings.
Successfully changed to new communication timings.
Requesting security access.
Security access granted.
Negotiating communication timings.
Successfully changed to new communication timings.
Requesting security access.
Security access granted.
Validating flash memory starts at 0x00800000 and ends at 0x00900000.
Validation failed, ECU reports RequestUpload service is not supported. RequestUpload may have been disabled by aftermarket engine software.
Memory layout validation failed.
Starting to read data block.
Requesting upload from ECU for address range 0x00800000 to 0x00803FFF.
Request upload from ECU failed, ECU reports service is not supported. Request upload may have been disabled by aftermarket engine software.
Reading ECU flash memory failed. Trying to force ECU to recognize read operation is complete.
Finished forcing ECU to recognize that failed read operation is complete.
Reading ECU flash memory failed.
100% complete.
Restoring Windows sleep mode.

I've scoured the forum for about 4 days before I decided to post. I am running the 38400 baud, but it will only connect slow init, not fast init.
What do I do? I don't know the previous owner of the car, so I have no way of finding out what tune is on the car. 04 GLI 1.8T boosting 18-19psi.

Any help would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 08:29:54 PM by nyet » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 08:29:29 PM »

RequestUpload may have been disabled by aftermarket engine software.

This tells you all you need to know Smiley

Buy a spare (stock) ECU or flash over it with a stock file in bootmode.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
TheCream

I have 2 ECU's I bought when I had a GTI, is it possible to flash the GLI file over them, even tho the last 2 letters are different? Or do I need to look for another "RN" ECU?

Thank you for your quick response. I've been out of the tuning scene since I sold my GTI(about 5-7 years), so this is a giant headache trying to refresh my memory. Much thanks again!
nyet
Administrator

The ecus should be cross flashable. If your car has immo, you may need to re-pair it or disable immo entirely.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
TheCream

Yeah, they are IMMO 3. Not a big deal. I think I still have the IMMO-defeat video somewhere on my pc. Thanks for the info!
TheCream

So I didn't drive the car last night after attempting to "read" the ecu. I left for work this morning and thought the car was going to die. Check engine light. Read codes: multiple cyl. misfire; misfire cyl. 1; misfire cyl 2; and the one that threw me for a loop, Control Module Programming Not Finished p1681. Cleared codes, the p1681 came back. My car is stuck in limp mode now. I can only boost 5psi(I was boosting 19psi), and I can only rev to 5200RPM(could rev past 7000rpm before). I am stuck as what to do. Any help would be appreciated! This is my daily driver.
_nameless

And... This is what happens when you try ripping commercial software. If it's a revo file your EEPROM is now fucked if it was just a flash file with a no read tag you'll most likely would be repairable with one of 2 methods. If your EEPROM is fucked that's covered on this forum too
Good luck and happy reading

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
nyet
Administrator

Find a stock ecu or restore the ecu to stock using bootmode.

You may have to re-pair immo or disable it.

ECUx Plot

nyet
Administrator

BTW this is not necessarily a Revo issue:

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=981.0
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=6719.0

What is the part number of the ECU?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 03:19:14 PM by nyet » Logged

ECUx Plot

_nameless

^^ was one of the methods I was talking about. I just figured they should try and find it themselves

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
TheCream

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2016, 04:29:05 PM »

I read versions of both of those things on other forums. vwvortex, audizine, etc. My ecu is 06A 906 032 RN. 04 GLI 1.8t 6-speed. It didn't occur to me until after I tried reading the ecu that oh, copy protect. I read that not only REVO, but APR, and i'm not positive, but assuming that Unitronic and most other larger tune companies put a read protect on their tunes, so the user cant steal the tune. I wasn't thinking that thought when I clicked read ecu. The only 2 tune companies near me are APR and Unitronic, so I am just going to have to limp up to one (Bend, OR being the closest APR, Portland the closest Unitronic), and see if they have tuned my car and if it can be reverted/fixed. I will just have to buy a new/used stock ecu if I want to play with this(NEFMoto and WinOLS/TunerPro).

That being said(and I know it's all over the place), I don't want to mess it up even more trying to flash a clean EEPROM if I can't even read the file. This is my DD as I don't want to drive my leaking-oil-like-a-sieve 03 Allroad 2.7T Tip.

I have contacted a local junkyard to find ecu and obd2 connectors to make a bench test lead. I have a couple "LP" ecu's leftover from my 04 gti 1.8t 5-spd I sold a few years ago that I was going to tinker tuning and immo-defeating with. I have a licensed copy of VCDS and a Ross-Tech cable that DOES work in 'dumb' mode. It's just been 5-7 years since I last played with tunes and that totally spaced my mind that I may mess up my ECU. I was just hoping there was a failsafe that I was missing somewhere.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2016, 04:48:34 PM »

It's just been 5-7 years since I last played with tunes and that totally spaced my mind that I may mess up my ECU. I was just hoping there was a failsafe that I was missing somewhere.

I totally agree... it is 100% reasonable to expect that *reading* won't screw things up irretrievably, and I'd love it if the software were foolproof. Sadly, it is not, *and* there are a few bad actors in the tuning industry that deliberately make things difficult.

The former really can be fixed, even if the latter cannot, and I hope the NefMoto software is updated towards that end at some point.

ECUx Plot

gman86

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2016, 05:34:35 PM »

It's pretty much a Revo issue. They copied the shit from APR so any issues APR used to have, Revo do. APR are primarily USA for the old ME7 stuff though so not so much of an issue world wide.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2016, 05:38:15 PM »

It's pretty much a Revo issue. They copied the shit from APR so any issues APR used to have, Revo do. APR are primarily USA for the old ME7 stuff though so not so much of an issue world wide.

Except there are still STOCK ME7 images that can brick the ECU on read...

ECUx Plot

k0mpresd

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2016, 06:13:55 PM »

Except there are still STOCK ME7 images that can brick the ECU on read...

clone mpps causes this issue on write sometimes as well. car starts i believe but has a permanent programming not finished dtc.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: