Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ECU issues  (Read 6017 times)
rbroederer

« on: August 10, 2016, 02:06:46 PM »

New to NefMoto. I have a 2000 Audi A6 2.7T Quattro Tip. The car runs great...for 5 minutes. Then it goes into limp mode and gets an error message that says "ROM error". If I drive the car and turn it off every 4.5 minutes it runs great. I talked to the people BBA Remanu and they said they couldn't fix it. The ECU I have is a Bosch 4B0 907 551 L. I recently bought a used one and was going to have it programed. Any thoughts.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 02:10:10 PM »

New to NefMoto. I have a 2000 Audi A6 2.7T Quattro Tip. The car runs great...for 5 minutes. Then it goes into limp mode and gets an error message that says "ROM error". If I drive the car and turn it off every 4.5 minutes it runs great. I talked to the people BBA Remanu and they said they couldn't fix it. The ECU I have is a Bosch 4B0 907 551 L. I recently bought a used one and was going to have it programed. Any thoughts.

Is the ECU stock?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
rbroederer

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2016, 02:13:50 PM »

Yes, both the old unit and the new used unit are Bosch (0 261 206 562) 4B0 907 551 L.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2016, 02:36:06 PM »

I say definitely ECU. Not too much hassle to swap it out and see. That would be my first step.

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
rbroederer

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2016, 04:41:45 PM »

I say definitely ECU. Not too much hassle to swap it out and see. That would be my first step.

I have a used ECU. Do I have to have it programed for my car? If so, where can I send it? The car is in Las Vegas Nevada. Thanks in advance.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2016, 04:44:45 PM »

Have you read any of the flashing threads?

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
rbroederer

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2016, 05:07:31 PM »

Have you read any of the flashing threads?

I came to the site looking for answers and wasn't sure I had the right place. I will look at the flashing threads. My problem is I am in Ohio and I had to put the car into storage in Las Vegas. Now I want to fly in and pick it up. I want to make sure I can plug and go. Sorry if that sounds lazy...
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2016, 05:13:37 PM »

You may have immobilizer problems if you try to plug and go an ECU from another car...

ECUx Plot

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: