Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: audi a8 4.2 bfm ME7.1.1 custom mapping  (Read 41170 times)
prj

« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2016, 02:48:58 PM »

All the more experienced people here will tell You that it's pointless to fiddle with a NA engine, especially with one that is relatively good from the factory, as there isn't much room left for tuning (for power). With NA engine pretty much all the improvements are made with ignition advance and rpm. Factory makes the engine so that You can run it to redline all day. If you're willing to ignore these safeguards and add some advance, maybe raise the redline, You can get something out of it. Realistic goals are maybe 10% over stock and even that might be reaching it.
These engines are nearly perfectly calibrated for 98 RON (93 in the states).
Having tuned one of these on the dyno I can tell you that getting 2-3% out of it, you're doing a good job.
If you just increase advance, it will knock, and pull even more advance out than you added, resulting in loss of power. It already runs lambda 0.9 flat. Adding more fuel also makes less torque in most places.
There is very little that can be done on these engines - the stock cal is very good.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
cookie44

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2016, 04:54:27 PM »

If you had 1/10th of the credentials you claim to have, you would already have built this xdf from the information that is found on this forum.

You miss the part where I said I was "new to the ecu mapping thing"? When it comes to computers I'm not stupid. I know how to program, I know how to read code, I know how to do most things with vehicles. All I need to do is be pointed in the right direction. As I've stated, I cannot find this information, that's why I'm here asking about it, I don't know what I'm looking for, it's got nothing to do with credentials at all. If you haven't done it before now can you be expected to find something if you don't know what it is your looking for?? Doesn't make much sense of I'm honest. If I find bits of information I'll build one myself because it looks like no body has a clue or they just point out irelevant things
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2016, 05:13:59 PM »

What do you think an xdf is? What is preventing you from starting from a known bin and xdf and comparing? Or, if you are familiar with computers, using IDA or similar tool to start disassembling?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
prj

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2016, 06:04:28 PM »

I don't think I have missed anything tbh.
Read your own chest-bang response and learn some manners if you want to get anywhere.

As for your credentials - did they include using google search? Because there are lots of defs for various flavours of 4.2 V8 on this forum.
Hardly rocket science to take one of those and find the relevant places in your binary - or is it?

Not that it will help you much, since none of the things you listed engine wise are going to do anything. About the only thing you can do is change the lambda switch point, which is a single value on narrowband ecu's. D3 should be dual wideband - in this case it is slightly more involved.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 06:10:40 PM by prj » Logged

Log your car properly.
cookie44

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2016, 12:37:00 AM »

What do you think an xdf is? What is preventing you from starting from a known bin and xdf and comparing? Or, if you are familiar with computers, using IDA or similar tool to start disassembling?

An xdf tells you where the maps are and what each map does. And I couldn't find a known bin which was why I've been asking for one or an xdf of my ecu. I have been looking for the last week or so spending hours looking around but couldn't find much. I could disassemble it, I didn't know I had to. So if was to do that what would It do?
I do have an xdf but it's for an 8D. Sort of worked but with it being different I don't think it matches up right.
cookie44

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2016, 12:43:03 AM »

As for your credentials - did they include using google search? Because there are lots of defs for various flavours of 4.2 V8 on this forum.
Hardly rocket science to take one of those and find the relevant places in your binary - or is it?

If you think you can find me a def file that will work with my ecu then you find one, because I can't. I've been looking for the last week or so looking for one, I don't fully know what I'm looking for so. That's why I'm here?? Are you not getting this at all??
All I've done is asked for an xdf file or some assistance in finding one or making my own and all you've done is told me how naive I am and how I've got no credentials. What kind of inspiration is that?  
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 12:50:18 AM by cookie44 » Logged
Mikhail

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2016, 05:52:54 AM »

If you think you can find me a def file that will work with my ecu then you find one, because I can't. I've been looking for the last week or so looking for one, I don't fully know what I'm looking for so. That's why I'm here?? Are you not getting this at all??
All I've done is asked for an xdf file or some assistance in finding one or making my own and all you've done is told me how naive I am and how I've got no credentials. What kind of inspiration is that? 
I have used winols 2.24 (German language) to (start) figure out the def of my car. Just open your .bin project and a defined project you think is close to you. Then roll the defined bin say MLHFM (look the address to the left side where the definition section is) and notice the look of the bars besides hex code. Now roll yours bin at the same address than the defined bin and look around a wide range to recognize same look bars. Now take a programmer calculator and calculate the offset (hex) of address difference of these two bins when you have found the same looking bars. Now at winols select at the drop-down menu "Ansicht" at the up left and to that menu select "Fenster_koppeln". At the opened popup press OK. Now at the section which appeared between the bins put the offset you calculated to the box "Offset". Now At the middle use the + and - buttons to sift bin to each other to get them aligned. Now when you think that your map is found, press the "Kopieren" to the second right button. Now select at the popup the lowest radio button and select the box above the OK button and press OK. Now look the map definition you copied and if it seems to be a bit off, then open the map to it's own popup and adjust the map address to get it aligned.
_nameless

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2016, 05:54:41 AM »

You should really watch how you talk to people, prj is one of the most advanced members on the forum and has contributed a lot. If you're smart enough to listen to what he has to say and take some constructive criticism most likely you'd have gotten useable info instead of trying to be an Internet tough guy. What you fail to realize is all of the info on this forum is a "trickle down effect" the knolage starts with a select few members and then over time gets distributed. With that said you just stepped on the toes of a few that could have helped you. So good luck I'm sure you'll end up in the black hole like the other 99% of new members
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 05:56:37 AM by Marty » Logged

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
cookie44

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2016, 09:19:11 AM »

You should really watch how you talk to people, prj is one of the most advanced members on the forum and has contributed a lot. If you're smart enough to listen to what he has to say and take some constructive criticism most likely you'd have gotten useable info instead of trying to be an Internet tough guy. What you fail to realize is all of the info on this forum is a "trickle down effect" the knolage starts with a select few members and then over time gets distributed. With that said you just stepped on the toes of a few that could have helped you. So good luck I'm sure you'll end up in the black hole like the other 99% of new members

Maybe so but telling me what I'm saying is utter b.s. is out of line, I don't even know him. He may be smart fair enough I'm not disputing that. It's like he can say what he wants to any member and others defend him just because he's smart. Wether your smart or not, if your going to help me then I would appreciate that, but if your going to come into my thread and start telling me what I'm saying is b.s. and I should watch what I say then do it somewhere else. If you don't have anything to say, don't say it at all.
cookie44

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2016, 09:22:12 AM »

I have used winols 2.24 (German language) to (start) figure out the def of my car. Just open your .bin project and a defined project you think is close to you. Then roll the defined bin say MLHFM (look the address to the left side where the definition section is) and notice the look of the bars besides hex code. Now roll yours bin at the same address than the defined bin and look around a wide range to recognize same look bars. Now take a programmer calculator and calculate the offset (hex) of address difference of these two bins when you have found the same looking bars. Now at winols select at the drop-down menu "Ansicht" at the up left and to that menu select "Fenster_koppeln". At the opened popup press OK. Now at the section which appeared between the bins put the offset you calculated to the box "Offset". Now At the middle use the + and - buttons to sift bin to each other to get them aligned. Now when you think that your map is found, press the "Kopieren" to the second right button. Now select at the popup the lowest radio button and select the box above the OK button and press OK. Now look the map definition you copied and if it seems to be a bit off, then open the map to it's own popup and adjust the map address to get it aligned.

Thanks Mikhail, I'll try to look for one. How do I know if it's defined?

C
k0mpresd

« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2016, 09:25:08 AM »

Maybe so but telling me what I'm saying is utter b.s. is out of line, I don't even know him. He may be smart fair enough I'm not disputing that. It's like he can say what he wants to any member and others defend him just because he's smart. Wether your smart or not, if your going to help me then I would appreciate that, but if your going to come into my thread and start telling me what I'm saying is b.s. and I should watch what I say then do it somewhere else. If you don't have anything to say, don't say it at all.

*Whether
*you're
*you're
*you're
cookie44

« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2016, 09:26:43 AM »

*Whether
*you're
*you're
*you're

Thank you for your corrections. Anything else?
k0mpresd

« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2016, 09:32:03 AM »

Thank you for your corrections. Anything else?

that's the only post i paid attention to honestly. i can go back through your others if you'd like?
cookie44

« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2016, 09:33:12 AM »

that's the only post i paid attention to honestly. i can go back through your others if you'd like?

I'd rather you didnt, there's a lot of text
prj

« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2016, 10:13:17 AM »

We're not in kindergarten. I don't need to sugarcoat your bullshit.
You have plenty of info in this thread to get started. Much more than those of us who did this years ago.

Log your car properly.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: