Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
Author Topic: 2001 all-road 2.7 ST build  (Read 98239 times)
spacecadet

« Reply #120 on: March 13, 2017, 08:30:08 PM »

Small update, got fuel trims figured out.

I've been driving, tuning and enjoying the car!

going from a little TDi golf to this thing, the power is still terrifying lol.

Got some control arms and tie rods coming here soon I'm gonna put on.

Still need to figure out the ABS module.
spacecadet

« Reply #121 on: March 14, 2017, 03:03:13 PM »

Okay, I had to remove the clock spring i pulled from the junkyard as it was the wrong part number, remove the long wire/spinning part off it, and put it on the old one that was in the all road. thats done, got ride of steering angle implausible signal.

Now if i could just figure out how to get the abs/esp system test to run lol. Drove around in circles in a parking lot for about 30 mins, finally left when i noticed a bunch of people in the soccer field were watching me lol.
spacecadet

« Reply #122 on: March 15, 2017, 08:48:10 PM »

Got the ABS system test to run finally.

I had this error as well in my ABS module.

01423 - lateral acceleration sensor (g200) 35-00

That's all it was, no actual error, no text description, nothing. At first I just assumed since the 35-00 matched that of the system test that it was part of that. After failing at getting the system test to work for probably an hour I decided to pull the acceleration sensor to see if it would throw different errors.

I pulled the sensor, came up with implausible/short circuit errors for it and the other sensor in the unit. That led me to believe that maybe I had just hit a weird state.

Plugged the senor back in, the odd g200 error code did not come back, and the system test executed on the first attempt in the parking lot this time.

ABS feels nice.

Now I need to replace my turbo oil drain, i have a 90 AN fitting right off the drain, and I think it it causing some oil to push the seals under boost. I think ill just get a barb fitting and slide the hose over it on the turbo side, cant use an AN straight as its to long and has clearance issues.
spacecadet

« Reply #123 on: April 20, 2017, 10:37:09 AM »

the front wheel hub upper control arm pinch bolt can suck a fat one.
SB_GLI

« Reply #124 on: April 25, 2017, 08:51:08 AM »

the front wheel hub upper control arm pinch bolt can suck a fat one.
yeah it can
Carsinc

« Reply #125 on: May 17, 2017, 05:58:23 AM »

Ok guys, while I agree f*&% those pinch bolts in general, Here is what i do and have great luck.
1st if possible spray the night before with nice pen oil (kroil, wd40 pro, even pb blaster) then propane torch
heat area after breaking the nut loose maybe a turn while heating the spindle start trying to get the bolt to spin,
once the bolt spins it will come apart.
spacecadet

« Reply #126 on: July 01, 2017, 03:21:31 PM »

Just finished the drive from Colorado to Southern CA for a move. Other than a random coolant hose failure that I was able to mc-guyver to get me into town for permanent solution, trip went fine.

Dropping 5000 ft in altitude might be the most apparent performance mod I have made yet. holy smokes.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
  Print  

Jump to: