Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Xdf files?  (Read 6866 times)
S4gasm2.7t

« on: September 05, 2016, 07:30:26 AM »

Hey guys, I am definitely a noob trying to learn the massive amount of information on here but one thing I'm having difficulty understanding is where an xdf file comes from? I have an extra ecu and while my s4 is stage 3, it was somewhat a budget build. My stage 3 tune is second hand. It's for 630cc injectors, Hitachi maf, 4bar FPR (suposedly). what I want to do is read and save the the  stage 3 file cause it runs pretty good, but I want to fine tune for my car instead of the original car it was made for. I'm waiting for a cable ATM but I downloaded the nefmoto flasher and tunerpro. And watched tunerpro basics videos and been reading etc. I want to try and get a hang of tunerpro' s layout. But am stuck here wondering, when I read the current stage 3 tune, will there automatically be an XDF there or will I still have to find one? If i do have to find one, how do i know it's the right XDF I need?

I look forward to hearing from you guys. Thanks for your time.
corradovolksb

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2016, 10:18:03 AM »

There is a lot of info on this site and your best bet is to read and try and absorb as much as possible.  The S4tuning wiki is really good for defining what each map does and how to adjust them.  It all depends on what ECM part number your current tune is. If it's an Mbox or 8d0907551m like most of the tunes are based off of now days there are a few really well defined xdf's on here you can use.  You need to download the xdf and open it in tuner pro along with your .bin file/tune file and that will get you started.  Just remember that anytime you change anything in the file you have to correct the checksums or else you will brick your ECM and have to recover it in boot mode.

2000 Nogaro blue S4 Stage 2. VAG for life.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2016, 11:31:38 AM »

xdf files happen when mommy and daddy love each other very very much

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
S4gasm2.7t

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2016, 01:42:44 PM »

Could not come at a better time. I was in a waiting room at my girls hair appointment and was surrounded by people all trying to be quiet and keep to themselves when I saw this, and had to leave from laughter.
S4gasm2.7t

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2016, 01:47:45 PM »

There is a lot of info on this site and your best bet is to read and try and absorb as much as possible.  The S4tuning wiki is really good for defining what each map does and how to adjust them.  It all depends on what ECM part number your current tune is. If it's an Mbox or 8d0907551m like most of the tunes are based off of now days there are a few really well defined xdf's on here you can use.  You need to download the xdf and open it in tuner pro along with your .bin file/tune file and that will get you started.  Just remember that anytime you change anything in the file you have to correct the checksums or else you will brick your ECM and have to recover it in boot mode.

Thanks for the info. And yeah I've been slowly and surely reading all I can. Unfortunately after an hour or so of reading (anything that is not just this) I seems to always have focus issues. Luckily it's better when its something I'm really interested in, but still sucks when I want to learn stuff.
corradovolksb

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2016, 06:57:30 PM »

Haha yah nyet is a funny guy.  Yah I'm the same way. Keep it up and ask questions when you get stumped.

2000 Nogaro blue S4 Stage 2. VAG for life.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: