Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Help on cluster 8l0919880a with REWARD !  (Read 14512 times)
febomax

« on: September 09, 2016, 04:04:02 AM »

Hi, i swapped my vdo cluster 8l0919880L with a 8l0919880a on my Audi A3L .18 Turbo Quattro of 1999, because of FIS broken.
I disabled immo on ecu ("new" cluster is immo1 , the "old" immo2 , so i must buy new keys and was easier to disable immo) and all is ALMOST working good.
I say ALMOST because the cluster show a wrong speed and i suppose also wrong distance traveled.
Is showing about 10-15% LESS than real speed. So at 100 km/h it show in analog instrument about 90.
The speed in air conditioner display (using the tricky code to activate displaing to channel 17) is RIGHT, so at 100km/h it show 100 !
The problem seems only in analog instrument.
I don't like this, i was trying to find the way to change editing the dump the scale of that instrument but no lucky.
So i ask help AND put a small reward : to the one that can help me i'll send 10 EURO as paypal gift.
 Grin
Just to have maybe more interest, not much money but just a two beers, better than nothing...
 Wink
Another small question is that with my original cluster the illumination of air conditioner display was changing at light, becoming stronger. Now seems fixed at low level, at sun very difficult to see number (and it becomes stong activating code trick, so is not a problem of display itself)
I attach the eeprom dump of course...
Thanks to all !
Cyber

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2016, 01:49:14 AM »

Hi!

Have you tried the right coding for new cluster?
Take a look at: http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Audi_A3_(8L)_Instrument_Cluster
macxxx

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 03:33:19 AM »

also upload your original cluster dump
febomax

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2016, 04:42:15 AM »

Yes, i tried to "play" with last digit of coding that in some cluster seems to change speed values: nothing at all, seems that nothing change. I try always with GPS, the digital speed in air condittioner display is always good and equal to gps, the analog is 10% less.
The dump i attached up IS the one of this IMMO1 cluster i'm trying , here i attach the dump of my IMMO2 "old" cluster.
Are quite a lot different.
febomax

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2016, 10:24:33 AM »

Is nice that there are lot of downloads of the immo2 cluster, where i asked info for the immo1...
 Grin
macxxx

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2016, 03:28:48 PM »

Speedo map for 880A is shorter 0x0FE-0x10D , speedo map for 880L is 0x09A-0x0B9 

Both clusters are 260 km/h , but i found info that the 880L is only in quattro.

But as you look closer - 880A speedo scale is linear at 12 o'clock there is about 120-125 km/h , 880l is non-linear at 12 o'clock there is about 100 km/h

did you change the cluster gauges?

if not i would say that it's a calibration problem - looking thru A3 8L cluster eeproms seems that quattro versions and also S3 are diffrent

try to change - 0x088 from 77 to EC
febomax

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2016, 11:18:18 PM »

Thanks,
i'll try and let you know !
I have NOT changed the gauges, as you say are different, my Quattro has no linear speed in range 80-100 (is strange i know byt seems to change scale)
febomax

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2016, 01:28:27 AM »

First try : i changed a little the value at 0x0FE and next , now "def" on cluster.
I still not drived the car to see if there is difference in speed.
I tried to do a recode with vcds to take out the "def" but no succes, recode is working but "def" stays on cluster...
Any way to take out or calculate chks ? Seems tha speed values need correct chk...
 Roll Eyes
macxxx

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2016, 02:17:38 AM »

You cannot just change some adresses in speedo map - the checksum is there

Try to correct odometer it sometimes remove def if the map is ok
febomax

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2016, 03:19:38 AM »

You cannot just change some adresses in speedo map - the checksum is there

Try to correct odometer it sometimes remove def if the map is ok
I tried to change odometer with vag commander and also vag programmer, km changed ok but "def" still there.
Any other way to calculate the chks ?

macxxx

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2016, 03:42:32 AM »

Only by yourself , but you have to know how...when you put in oryginal values the def dissapears?

As i wrote i would try to change the Kvalue - it is the same in almost all Audi  clusters but not in yours for quattro , probably the impulser in the gearbox is diffrent.
febomax

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2016, 05:29:13 AM »

Only by yourself , but you have to know how...when you put in oryginal values the def dissapears?

As i wrote i would try to change the Kvalue - it is the same in almost all Audi  clusters but not in yours for quattro , probably the impulser in the gearbox is diffrent.
I don't know how to calculate chk, if not i dont' ask...
 Grin
If i put original values the def disapper.
I'll try also to change only the kvalue, and i'll let you know asap the results.
The strange is that in "digital" value on air conditioner display is perfect with gps, so seems that the cluster knowns exactly the right speed and display wrong on analog instrument....strange...
Thanks for the moment !
 Wink
macxxx

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2016, 06:10:46 AM »

The cluster is calibrated for other gearbox , you didnt change the climate Control panel.

It's hard to comparison because there are only 2 clusters with immo1 and Fis screen , the other one is for diesel 240 km/h.

Maybe i will find how is the checksum calculated...
febomax

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2016, 06:56:40 AM »

The cluster is calibrated for other gearbox , you didnt change the climate Control panel.

It's hard to comparison because there are only 2 clusters with immo1 and Fis screen , the other one is for diesel 240 km/h.

Maybe i will find how is the checksum calculated...
Yes but the climate display values from CLUSTER.
I'm almost sure of this because with this cluster i had also little wrong teperature value, i played with that and i see in display on climate that numbers change, in according with cluster values. For that i suppose that also the speed value is took from cluster data and i was expecting error also in digital value. That is perfect...strange...
Thanks a lot !
macxxx

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2016, 07:26:11 AM »

Ok but we don't know if the speed signal to hvac is send straight from the impulser thru cluster  or is modulated by cluster in some kind of way...
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: