Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: ME7 Logger + Innovate LC1  (Read 45651 times)
Milka

« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2012, 09:21:04 PM »

Thanks mate, didn't want to hassle was just checking ;-)
britishturbo

« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2013, 11:59:20 AM »

I just wanted to say thanks for this!
I got it setup and running today with my LC-1 setup.
Other than not putting the column names in for the data it seems to be working great!
Milka

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2013, 03:13:59 PM »

Hey Jason,

Have you had any chance to see if this could be expanded to 2 LC-1s?

Thanks
britishturbo

« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2013, 01:25:50 PM »

I am still using this with great success.
Similar to the logging 2 x LC1 units would it be possible to also log EGT using the TC-4?
http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/tc_4.php
Jason

Breaks everything!

« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2013, 07:53:28 PM »

Hey Jason,

Have you had any chance to see if this could be expanded to 2 LC-1s?

Thanks

Sorry for the late response...  Been swamped at work and bought a 2012 Golf TDI to replace my 08 Wolfsburg, and then have been too lazy and in love with the new car to get the Audi through emissions.  Hopefully this weekend.

Just loaded the project and I don't think it will take much.  I may need to lean on you for testing.  PM me your email address so I can send you a test build sometime this week.
stuklr

« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2013, 06:24:23 PM »

I hate to have to bring the thread back from the dead under these circumstances, but here goes.

I tried using this on XP. Installed the framework 4.0, loaded the program Jason wrote and the LC1 software as well. The program opens and gets data from my LC1. All good there. I set the write to file name and save settings just as it defaults to. No changes made to the command arugments.

Saves fine, I click to begin logging, but no samples begin to record. I know it doesn't store anything til i get above the set throttle position, but Jason's video shows it reading from the time you click start logging, then parses when the throttle is used.

Do I have to have the command prompt open in the background? I notice it is in his video. Anyone else have this issue? Its like the program doesn't like my KKL cable or can't connect to my ecu. Any thoughts?
Jason

Breaks everything!

« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2013, 06:30:06 PM »

Are you launching the logger outside my app?  Or letting my app launch it?

When it's not capturing data do you see ME7Logger.exe running in task manager?

I'm guessing the command line options are not correct and ME7Logger is dying and I'm not handling the exit code properly.

Make sure you're running the version of ME7 Logger I specified in the orginal post... It's possible setzi has made changes to the command line arguments, or data is formatted differently in the stdout in subsequent versions...  I also think I have a debug button for looking at the last few hundred lines of the stdout?  Maybe that will tell us something?  Sorry, I don't have my other laptop with me right now otherwise I'd fire it up and take a look.
stuklr

« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2013, 07:18:28 PM »

The first issue was my fault. I had it directed to the wrong ME7logger.exe

Now, I have it to the point that it errors after reading 3 samples. The debugger shows:

reading config file c:\mark_p_style.cfg done
loading config file c:\mark_p_style.cgf failed
exiting

The first couple of times the program stated there was an error and must close, but the third stayed running and let me look at the debug file.

Any ideas? Maybe not compatible with XP? My framework 4.0 seemed to take forever to load. Maybe an issue with that?

Thanks for the help. Looks like it will be just what I need when I get it working. I can try my wife's laptop when I get home. Its win 7.
Jason

Breaks everything!

« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2013, 07:20:56 PM »

Looks to be an issue with the ME7 Logger...  Copy your command line arguments and run them from a dos box... if you start seeing output on the screen, it's a problem with my app.  Usually .net FW issues manifest immediately on launch.
stuklr

« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2013, 08:42:46 PM »

Well, after trying just the command line arguments, that works. Just not through your program. Maybe it doesn't like XP for some reason. Will try again using my wife's Win 7 laptop.
Milka

« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2013, 05:31:46 AM »

Sorry for the late response...  Been swamped at work and bought a 2012 Golf TDI to replace my 08 Wolfsburg, and then have been too lazy and in love with the new car to get the Audi through emissions.  Hopefully this weekend.

Just loaded the project and I don't think it will take much.  I may need to lean on you for testing.  PM me your email address so I can send you a test build sometime this week.

My turn to say sorry, have been really busy with work and did not check this thread in a long time.  Just sent you a PM.

Thanks for your help, with this great tool
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: