Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Water injection  (Read 12984 times)
Carsinc

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2016, 09:06:25 PM »

Ok listen, Aquamist is great very reliable and and overall a very good system.
Now look I've seen stuff you have done up here and I think you can do it and
do it well. Yes you need a nice pump, a flow sensor, a FAV and as far as a controller
goes you could whip something up with a aurdrino pretty easy. Worse case i bet
it would be fun.
prj

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2016, 07:25:39 AM »

It is shocking how little you value your time - there is a gazillion meth kits on the market.
Aquamist is the best, but there are others that work just fine as well.

Unless you plan to set up shop and manufacture these, just buy one, fit it and forget it. Not worth the RnD for a one-off. Unless you are a bum you will earn the money the kit costs and more in the time you'd have wasted.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2016, 09:19:44 PM »

Unless you plan to set up shop and manufacture these, just buy one, fit it and forget it. Not worth the RnD for a one-off. Unless you are a bum you will earn the money the kit costs and more in the time you'd have wasted.

This.

But also you know, DIY. We all could have paid someone to tune our car.  Smiley

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2016, 09:21:50 PM »

I originally learned how to tune my own car because GIAC did a shitty job and i figured I could learn to do it myself.

Aquamist, though (and others) have a perfectly good system already engineered. No reason to reinvent the wheel if the existing ones are serviceable and priced well.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2016, 09:24:28 PM »

My point was that some people just do it for fun. The enjoyment of the challenge. Not everything in life needs to make sense. Most of it doesn't anyway.  Grin

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
royce5950

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2016, 09:21:35 AM »

I originally learned how to tune my own car because GIAC did a shitty job and i figured I could learn to do it myself.

Well in that case I LOVE Kiss GIAC!!

Purchase Tuned Files Ready To Be FlashedFor Audi / VW 1.8T & 2.0T Engines ➡️ TUNEDBYV3@GMAIL.COMAs low as just $50
royce5950

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2016, 09:23:48 AM »

My point was that some people just do it for fun. The enjoyment of the challenge..

...That and because dope  Tongue

Purchase Tuned Files Ready To Be FlashedFor Audi / VW 1.8T & 2.0T Engines ➡️ TUNEDBYV3@GMAIL.COMAs low as just $50
Carsinc

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2016, 06:14:28 PM »

Guys i was just trying to talk someone into, doing most of the hard work and R&D.
I mean we will help, but you know let him do most of the work.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2016, 06:18:41 PM »

Rollz roycez signature takes up my whole phone screen.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: