Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Can't log uushk2_w for wideband sensor in ME7L  (Read 16368 times)
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2016, 05:55:40 PM »

I will try using the visual logger to see if that clears this up.

But just so you dont think im crazy....when i un comment the uushk2_w on the cfg file, the logger looks for a different ecu file, one that was never created. If i add back the ; in the cfg file so uushk2_w so it is not logged the logger will work and it uses the correct kmh 27.ecu file. 

In summary, the logger looks for an ecu file that i never created when trying to log a variable that i manually added to the ecu file.

You are crazy. That makes zero sense, and I've never seen that behavior.

Again, post the entire directory, zipped.

Also _W is NOT _w

Please double check your case.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
B56

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2016, 09:07:06 PM »

You are crazy. That makes zero sense, and I've never seen that behavior.

Again, post the entire directory, zipped.

Also _W is NOT _w

Please double check your case.

you might be right. I started over and was able to get it to work using visual me7logger. My case was different between the ecu and cfg files which was probably causing the problem. now they are both _w and it works.

However, the problem i have now is the sensor reading fluctuates around 19.5 volts all the time. attached is a quick 2-3 gear pull. any ideas why this would happen? i have the zeitronix wb control box red wire connected to terminal 75x and black is grounded directly to the battery. could the ground be causing the sensor to not read correctly?
TijnCU

flying brick

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2016, 01:20:44 AM »

Then you log either the wrong ram adress or have the wrong factor/offset for the conversion

B56

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2016, 08:39:09 AM »

I double checked my factor/offset and ram address and they are correct. as per zeitronix documentation for the ZT-3, the wb controller reads 9.6 at 0 volts and 19.6 at 5 volts. I am using the following in my ecu file:

Address : 0x381114
Factor : 0.009766
Offset : -9.6

ME7L will either read 9.6 or 19.6 under all conditions: idle, part throttle, wot. The value the logger reads will change if i cycle the ignition off/on.

If I unplug the WB sensor from the wb controller ME7L will read 14.7, or 2.5 volts.

Im not really sure how to proceed. I'm going to try and log the wb directly through the zeitronix software and go from there. 
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2016, 10:21:07 AM »

The output impedance of the ZT isn't low enough (i.e. the input impedance of the IO you're using is too low) and it can't source enough current. You'll likely need an op amp circuit.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
B56

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2016, 10:21:12 PM »

The wire harness extension was in contact with the turbo and the wires melted. Im Going to try to clean up the harness by cutting out the melted section and using crimp connectors to join the wires back together.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 10:46:33 PM by B56 » Logged
TijnCU

flying brick

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2016, 03:15:37 AM »

Woops, that sort of thing kills ecu's  Grin You're lucky it was an external controller. Let us know if you fixed the logging issue with this Smiley

B56

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2016, 12:52:41 PM »

FYI, I repaired the cable and it still does not work. I cant even connect to the zeitronix data logging software. it will connect and read 5 volts but then it crashes. maybe i screwed up the board when the wires melted.
1slicks4

« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2018, 04:40:43 PM »

Im using uushk_w to log my wideband or at least im trying too. Im having trouble with the output of the information into ME7. Not sure if there is a cap I have to work around or just deal with it. Im finding that what my gauge shows and what me7 acquires during a log aren't exactly on the money and accurate. Im using a LC2 from innovate and maybe there is a way to scale it to see correctly. example, when my gauge hits 22 from the car not running of course, Me7 reports 19.x     has anyone had any experience with the LC2 and using the rear o2 channel ( green plug ) 0x00381116 to data log the LC2 controller 0-5V analog output.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: