Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Selecting the correct memory map  (Read 6599 times)
SteveAR

« on: November 10, 2016, 06:43:40 PM »

Good Evening,
  Can someone help me with how I figure out the correct memory map?   Vehicle:
2004 Audi Allroad 4.2L V8 / Auto
ME7.1.1
VAGCOM Reports the ECU PN as:
4D0907560BE

No memory map option has the suffix "BE" in the NEFMOTO software.

I have a dumb K cable.  I can connect to the car and read the basic ECU information.   I have then tried to "read flash" and selected each of the 8(?) memory maps available in the pull down menu.  I get a validation error for each one.   I don't know if I have to back out/close everything before I try each individual memory map, but I get the same error.    Error says the requestupload is not working.  I highly highly doubt this car has been flashed/locked with a tune, but I cannot 100% rule it out.  If someone could help me chose a memory map or work through this error I would appreciate it.  I can open up the ECU if needed; e.g. if I need to read a PN off a IC or something.  If this car HAS been flashed, what are my options around this?  Just go straight to flashing a stock BIN to the ECU?   I'm really just trying to extract the SKC, I have no interest in creating/flashing tunes etc.
Thanks!
vwaudiguy

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 10:46:29 PM »

That ecu should be 800BB. I don't remember Nefmoto being able to read it, though. Could also be tuned of course. It's always a good idea to make a complete backup of the ecu before changing anything.

Edit. I missed the last sentence. Smiley
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 08:22:14 AM by vwaudiguy » Logged

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
adam-

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 02:16:41 AM »

Extract the SKC from the cluster?  You don't use Nefmoto to get the SKC anyway.
macxxx

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2016, 02:57:00 AM »

Use the argdub eepromtool , or like Adam said extract it from cluster ( you have immo3 it will be the samecas in ecu )
SteveAR

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2016, 05:49:01 AM »

OK thank you for this information.  I fooled around with this kind of thing about 3 years ago, but honestly couldn't remember how I got my SKC from my last car. I thought I had read it from memory blocks in the ECM.  Now that you mention the names of those other tools, they sound familiar.
   I did try (again) to connect, used ME7 29F800BB.MemoryLayout.  Same upload error message.  Must be flashed which I guess is good. I need to switch the car over from Automatic to manual but haven't quite figured out whether that change needs to be made in the cluster, ECM or both.  I've been looking through the ross-tech wiki page but haven't found anything conclusive yet.
  Will try one of those other tools tonight. thanks!
SteveAR

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2016, 05:54:34 AM »

So if my memory is coming back correctly, the argdub eepromtool is still actually talking to the ECM?  But specifically the little IC on the back of the ECM where the SKC/IMMO information is stored? Which I remember as being the "eeprom"   Or does his tool talk to the cluster?  If not, what's the most popular tool for doing a cluster dump?
macxxx

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2016, 06:03:23 AM »

To cluster Vag eeprom programmer 1.19 , works with kkl cable.
SteveAR

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2016, 05:12:30 PM »

OK well I attempted to do the same thing I did a few years ago with my 2.7T ECU.   I dug out the 2.7T ECU I was working with.  Back a few years ago I installed a toggle switch that puts the ECU into boot mode.  I cracked open the ECU off this car.  Both ECU's looked identical; not surprised.  I moved the toggle switch over to the current ECU.   Downloaded ARGDUB's tool.  Ran a command prompt and attempted to read the ECU and save it.   I get the error seen in the photo below.  Anyone have any input?    I was successful doing this a few years ago with my 2.7T ME 7.1.1 ECU but I'm getting this error with my 4.2L ME 7.1.1 ECU.

Note: the first attempt to connect failed. I forgot the ECU needs to be in boot mode.  The second attempt was when I installed the toggle switch and powered the ECU up in boot mode:

SteveAR

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2016, 05:16:16 PM »

I think I should probably post this over in the cluster/IMMO forum where I downloaded the EEPROM software......?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: