Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Need original cluster file 2002 gti vr6 12v  (Read 13960 times)
Aneves

« on: November 22, 2016, 05:09:05 PM »

This will probably get moved to newbie section but, I was messing around trying to tune and wiped out my cluster programming. How is yet to be solved "stupidity of not knowing what the hell I was doing" and still don't!! But you have to start somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
adam-

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2016, 01:25:26 AM »

How does that even happen?!  ECU and cluster are different.  How do you even mix up the software?
Aneves

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2016, 05:44:52 AM »

How does that even happen?!  ECU and cluster are different.  How do you even mix up the software?

New to the whole thing. Honestly have no idea how I mixed them up. My ecu took a dump and I was trying to tune it or at least put an original file back on to it, mixed up ecu and cluster at some point.

f1torrents

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2016, 01:49:06 PM »

What tool were you using to flash?

gt-innovation

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2016, 02:05:36 PM »

This will probably get moved to newbie section but, I was messing around trying to tune and wiped out my cluster programming. How is yet to be solved "stupidity of not knowing what the hell I was doing" and still don't!! But you have to start somewhere.

There is a sticker or at list it should be there with your sw info on top or on the back of your cluster..it would be even better if you kept the sw numbers before you erase anything...Just post them here so we know what we should search for...there should be an sgo for your cluster in the normal vw cds/dvds however if the obd programming is not working you should rip apart the cluster and read the MCU+eeprom pair (usualy with Xprog) and if you have the correct pair in your hands it shouldn`t be hard to write it back too...If you can not code your immo just remove it from your ecu.Tools that could help are : Vas505x / Vcp / Arbites and Vcds if you have the login codes.

Good luck.

Aneves

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2016, 03:17:25 PM »

What tool were you using to flash?
I was all over the damn place like an idiot!! Between NefMoto software, me7. With rosstech cable via ODB port.

Aneves

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2016, 03:18:45 PM »

There is a sticker or at list it should be there with your sw info on top or on the back of your cluster..it would be even better if you kept the sw numbers before you erase anything...Just post them here so we know what we should search for...there should be an sgo for your cluster in the normal vw cds/dvds however if the obd programming is not working you should rip apart the cluster and read the MCU+eeprom pair (usualy with Xprog) and if you have the correct pair in your hands it shouldn`t be hard to write it back too...If you can not code your immo just remove it from your ecu.Tools that could help are : Vas505x / Vcp / Arbites and Vcds if you have the login codes.

Good luck.
Ok I'll check cluster and see if I have any numbers. Immo is off already on ecu. Vwmaniac helped me out with that one.

_nameless

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2016, 07:27:21 PM »

Problem is you can not adapt a key to the immo because the ecu is immo offed. If you flash the cluster with a new eeprom your keys and skc won't match. Normally  with immo active you'd be able to log in and adapt the cluster then pair your key to the cluster. This can not happen because the ecu is immo off so no adaptation or programming will be excepted. You can bring the cluster back to life no problem but you'll have to live with a immo light forever unless the immobilizer is reenanabled so programing will be excepted. That is unless you know how to kill the immo light in eeprom  Wink
Good luck

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
f1torrents

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2016, 02:54:04 AM »

I havent used the nefmoto software but I dont think it is able to flash the cluster.
Vagtacho,Vas dash can, Vag commander etc are the cluster.

Are you sure you actually flashed the cluster?
adam-

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2016, 03:14:31 AM »

Yeah, that's where I'm going with that.  Nefmoto software doesn't connect or go anywhere near the cluster.

Unless you've used vag-tacho or EEPROM programmer to try and flash an ECU file to the cluster.  But that's just plain silly.
Aneves

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2016, 04:56:16 AM »

I havent used the nefmoto software but I dont think it is able to flash the cluster.
Vagtacho,Vas dash can, Vag commander etc are the cluster.

Are you sure you actually flashed the cluster?
It might have been the vwtester software that I downloaded from here. You are correct with the NefMoto cannot connect to cluster. I don't have my laptop with me so I can't honestly tell you which one I used. But I'm pretty sure I messed it up. I was trying to reflash ecu, everything was running with the car I just didn't get full throttle initially, when I was trying to flash I noticed cluster went dead and as soon as I turn key on fans go on and don't turn off. Lower right hand on cluster says def.

Aneves

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2016, 04:58:54 AM »

Yeah, that's where I'm going with that.  Nefmoto software doesn't connect or go anywhere near the cluster.

Unless you've used vag-tacho or EEPROM programmer to try and flash an ECU file to the cluster.  But that's just plain silly.
Ohh I can do some silly things!! lol I'm very, I mean very new to this. I'm not that patient either so I really just throw myself at it. That's not a good thing apparently when tuning.

Aneves

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2016, 05:01:14 AM »

Problem is you can not adapt a key to the immo because the ecu is immo offed. If you flash the cluster with a new eeprom your keys and skc won't match. Normally  with immo active you'd be able to log in and adapt the cluster then pair your key to the cluster. This can not happen because the ecu is immo off so no adaptation or programming will be excepted. You can bring the cluster back to life no problem but you'll have to live with a immo light forever unless the immobilizer is reenanabled so programing will be excepted. That is unless you know how to kill the immo light in eeprom  Wink
Good luck
In all honesty I have no idea how to turn immo on or off! Lol. As you can tell I don't even know what program I used.

f1torrents

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2016, 02:29:58 PM »

Take the cluster out of the car. Get the part number from the label and post it.
Someone will get you a stock file but then you have to adapt the cluster to the keys and ecu.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2016, 08:11:45 PM »

That is unless you know how to kill the immo light in eeprom  Wink

I don't expect an answer, but hey, it doesn't hurt to ask, right?  Tongue Maybe I'll get lucky for once, Marty. Smiley

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: