Pages: [1]
Author Topic: RALLY ALS works on ME7  (Read 7966 times)
evolution

« on: November 27, 2016, 01:54:38 AM »

Hello, I decided to make ME7 to work with a real RALLY ALS. Such a system disqualify cutoff during operation. The first has to work constantly on the foot off the gas pedal without touching any clutch or brake. and must be as safe for the engine or turbine. The first thing we had to do was get ME7 injection gasoline when the accelerator pedal position is 0. moment it lasted as fun norm EURO did not bring anything to the topic, it was necessary to eliminate the resulting combined solution to cut fuel and set aside throttle - at the start of the 10 angular degrees open. The next step was delayed ignitions at this point about the value of close to 40 degrees. The last thing which I will fight to the complete closure of the valve when working with DV system ® ALS. Unfortunately, the connecting its impossible to do without mechanical changes, because its functionality provides only open regardless of the operating conditions of the engine (closing the throttle, errors in memory ECU). At the moment I made the first tests yet of the factory valve DV, however further work will be based only on refining the system and publication of detailed assumptions, because already at that time the ALS works quite correctly, and mechanizne modifications within the intake system require the test. Switching the system will be solved by using an additional switch, because the rally car overriding need is for functionality, speed, and flexibility of switching operation ECU. The link I present a video of the first attempt of the system, if you have any questions, suggestions, feel free to discuss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTKB9Y1KLP8&feature=youtu.be

Best Regards
Evolution
_nameless

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2016, 05:20:43 AM »

I've already done this along with rolling antilag
http://vid1294.photobucket.com/albums/b607/darkshado87/IMG_0417_zpswm4flsli.mp4
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 05:31:11 AM by Marty » Logged

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
evolution

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2016, 07:10:21 AM »

Your video looks as if you enforce mode an additional button - (could clutch sensor?) - Attached to the system during acceleration - and this noise is like the ignition was cut with a script available on the forum. While driving, rally car has no time for pressing a switch or pressing the clutch every time you want to start the procedure (span of the drive is the first nail in the coffin), and there is no place to cut off the ignition - Risk curl rod is too large. Permitted is only the delay. In my solution to the ECU decides when to launch it and it is always dependent on the position of the accelerator pedal. Engine braking - the procedure starts.

An additional switch you can turn off the procedure on free trips outside the special stages
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 07:16:53 AM by evolution » Logged
prj

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2016, 03:36:45 AM »

Really hard to read english, I can't tell if it is using google translate or just weird way of writing.
Marty, this is not what you have at all.

Here is a small description of the logic needed to do this properly:

Enable conditions:
1. External switch switched to on.
2. Pedal <X %
3. EGT < X

Operations:
1. Floor throttle
2. If RPM > X, cut ignition
3. Retard ignition by fixed amount (enough to build boost).
4. Enrich fuel based on RPMxEGT map
5. Lambda control off, misfire monitoring off, torque monitoring off on all levels

Calibration:
1. Find RPM point and ignition retard amount where the car makes enough boost.
2. Set safe pedal/EGT disable point.
3. Cal the RPMxEGT map so that the system can work as long as possible preferrably without ever hitting the EGT cutoff.

This system WILL drive you through a wall if you leave the clutch in. So it is only for motorsport use.

Implementation is a different question entirely. Better know ME7 and asm well, it's not easy. Also, prepare to replace turbos and manifolds quite often.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 03:39:39 AM by prj » Logged

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
evolution

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2016, 12:19:10 PM »

Really hard to read english, I can't tell if it is using google translate or just weird way of writing.
Marty, this is not what you have at all.

Here is a small description of the logic needed to do this properly:

Enable conditions:
1. External switch switched to on.
2. Pedal <X %
3. EGT < X

Operations:
1. Floor throttle
2. If RPM > X, cut ignition
3. Retard ignition by fixed amount (enough to build boost).
4. Enrich fuel based on RPMxEGT map
5. Lambda control off, misfire monitoring off, torque monitoring off on all levels

Calibration:
1. Find RPM point and ignition retard amount where the car makes enough boost.
2. Set safe pedal/EGT disable point.
3. Cal the RPMxEGT map so that the system can work as long as possible preferrably without ever hitting the EGT cutoff.

This system WILL drive you through a wall if you leave the clutch in. So it is only for motorsport use.

Implementation is a different question entirely. Better know ME7 and asm well, it's not easy. Also, prepare to replace turbos and manifolds quite often.

Measurement EGT is active all the time, I do not want to overheat the turbocharger.
ALS is activated above 1500 rpm. At idle the engine is running normally.
When you turn on the switch system is activated whenever the position of the accelerator pedal is "0". Automatic engine and ECU returns to normal operation after touching the foot of the accelerator pedal.
Summing ALS active when:
The accelerator pedal: position = 0
Engine speed> 1500 rpm
EGT temperature - in the testing phase <975 Celsius
Throttle position - determined by the ECU
Switch - running mode Race.
I hope that now more clearly written.

P.S. Disabling control misfire is not necessary. I do not make the cut-off ignitions.
doubas

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2017, 07:40:36 PM »

can you elaborate on how it is done?
evolution

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2017, 11:59:13 AM »

can you elaborate on how it is done?

Sorry for the silence, I was in the hospital. Yesterday I brought ALS to an acceptable state ( https://www.facebook.com/evolutionmotorsport.jakimowjacek/videos/1008991365902132/). Refines currently LAUNCH CONTROL in the rally version, which does not cut the ignition, but is controlled so that the engine maximum dispersed a turbocharger working on all cylinders, like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrXtsF9AQkE&feature=youtu.be&t=74

When I finish a whole will present findings and observations.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 12:01:47 PM by evolution » Logged
evolution

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2018, 09:44:03 AM »

I work constantly to improve the work of the entire ALS system. I can say with certainty that after many attempts I resigned from the use of vacum DV and it is necessary to use a DV solenoid valve from TFSI. Only such a setup allows for stable maintenance of intercooler overpressure of 0.3 ... 0.5 bar with the leg removed from the accelerator pedal.
It works like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nhqPKwrrfs&fbclid=IwAR2gZs5dAy9kFJbepQrKWc-sjsYRohhOo22JYmez1LHAXVw9UMYpWz71XGU

By the way, I've been working on a noisy pops & bangs in S8 5.2 V10. You have to believe the word that this very bad sound quality results only from the decibels emitted by this AUDI;) p.s. The noise of Audi can be heard at the end of the movie from 370 meters

https://www.facebook.com/evolutionmotorsport.jakimowjacek/videos/1441146512686613/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: