Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Modify KFKHFM for open cone air filter?  (Read 6869 times)
dv-008

« on: November 27, 2016, 11:21:12 AM »

i changed the stock airbox on my 1.8T for a foam open cone air filter RAMAIR and reinforced silicone TIP
i need to adjust the KFKHFM map??
and if so how it's done? , Logging the MAF g/s? Or ohter parameters?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 12:02:39 AM »

stft

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
dv-008

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 07:52:57 AM »

stft

my Short Term Fuel Trim is 0,8%, i need adjust the KFKHFM?
vwaudiguy

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2016, 02:03:17 PM »

my Short Term Fuel Trim is 0,8%, i need adjust the KFKHFM?

STFT is live, as in "real time adjustment". I think what you're describing is long term. Datalog the engine while driving at different load/rpm points and adjust based on the correction.

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
dv-008

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2016, 11:27:26 AM »

i modyfied all map to value 1.0000
theoretically when change to open cone air filter has not restrictions as the stock air box with snorkel
as say vwaudiguy, logging and adjust
vwaudiguy

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2016, 12:10:11 PM »

theoretically when change to open cone air filter has not restrictions as the stock air box with snorkel

I wouldn't call it a "restriction" as much as different velocities/ airflow when compared to the stock airbox (which is, in most stock turbo cases, superior in my opinion for many reasons). Are you seeing lower IAT with the cone filter? Just doing it for the sound? Bored with life?  Grin

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2016, 02:01:04 PM »

The stock airbox is going to be far more linear and predictable than a open cone air filter.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
dv-008

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2016, 10:21:45 AM »

I wouldn't call it a "restriction" as much as different velocities/ airflow when compared to the stock airbox (which is, in most stock turbo cases, superior in my opinion for many reasons). Are you seeing lower IAT with the cone filter? Just doing it for the sound? Bored with life?  Grin
veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery bored pedazo de maricona chupa pollas  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin come mierda
eliotroyano

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2016, 09:50:08 AM »

veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery bored pedazo de maricona chupa pollas  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin come mierda

Please friend avoid hard comments and bad words, this is a forum to share information and help us.

Solo sugiero un poco de moderación con las palabras!!!!.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 09:53:42 AM by eliotroyano » Logged
vwaudiguy

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2016, 11:30:36 AM »

Don't know how to talk shit in English? Good luck with your project.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: