Pages: [1]
Author Topic: K03s vs K04 boost ratio maps  (Read 5920 times)
marchewa

« on: January 05, 2017, 05:40:19 AM »

Hi

I start new topic as I am working on tuning 1.8t 20v AUQ engine with hybrid K03s turbo with little bit tighter actuator fitted (obout 0.5bar).

I decided to compare AUQ file with BAM, as I think this hybrid turbo with new actuator is more similar to K04 from BAM than to stock K03s

But there is an first obstacle- I read on s4wiki about KFVPDKSD and KFVPDKSE. There is wrote:

The axes of these maps are nmot (engine speed) and vpssplg_w (requested pressure ratio) and the Z-values are pressure ratio across the throttle body. Look for the values in the table that start to exceed the threshold of PSPVDKUG (generally 0.95) and approach 1.0, and trace up to the vpssplg_w axis. The pressure ratio minus 1 bar at this column (when stock) should be your wastegate pressure (3-6psi for stock wastegates).

So I understood that in BAM file values of vpssplg_w should be higher than in AUQ file as actuator in BAM is tighter in AUQ. The reality is "a bit" different and in my files range of vpssplg_w values are 0.65-1.2 (for BAM file) and 0.95-1.5 (for AUQ).

Descritpion form s4wiki is quite accurate for AUQ file, but in BAM case it is difficult to understand for me...

Could someone give some hints?

Regards

EDIT: I attach screen with maps from both files
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 01:00:39 PM by marchewa » Logged
TijnCU

flying brick

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 02:25:33 PM »

You need pspvdkug to know your precise threshold. Most likely the axis vpssplg axis is not defined correct, the k04 indeed has a stiffer actuator. I would check both factors and see if they are different.

marchewa

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 08:50:13 AM »

You need pspvdkug to know your precise threshold

In both file PSPVDKUG is 0,95.

Factors are also same in both maps (0,000061). I think they are also properly defined, in attacchemnt screen of axis areas from both files. It is noticeable even in 2d view that AUQ values are higher  (vpssplg_w is grey highlight)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 08:52:27 AM by marchewa » Logged
TijnCU

flying brick

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 02:23:00 PM »

Test/log your minimal boost pressure with n75 unplugged, and change your map data (or only the axis if you like) to match the new base boost pressure. There is not much more to say about this subject really. Just try!

gman86

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 08:47:28 AM »

Test/log your minimal boost pressure with n75 unplugged, and change your map data (or only the axis if you like) to match the new base boost pressure. There is not much more to say about this subject really. Just try!

Does unplugging N75 not limit throttle angle? It does in MED9.
fredrik_a

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 11:09:58 AM »

If so, place a resistor (proper power rating) with the same resistance as the N75 in the connector and the car will electrically not be able to spot that you have disconnected it. Another approach is to connect the pressure hoses to always activcate the actuator. Also, allow more deviation in the binary to avoid throwing boost deviation codes.
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2017, 12:25:03 PM »

It does on some ME7 ECU's as well.. not on the S4 however.

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
Google Talk: NOTORIOUS.VR
n00bs start here: http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
TijnCU

flying brick

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2017, 02:55:10 PM »

Well you can also set maximum wg duty to 0%, theres more ways to do things. I did it in the software, but to quickly find out about your wg spring pressure simply unclipping the n75 might be the quickest way  Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: