Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Unable to validate Memory Map Error when reading Allroad ECM  (Read 5659 times)
SteveAR

« on: February 24, 2017, 06:00:37 AM »

Car:
2004 Audi Allroad 4.2L / auto
ECM PN: 4D0 907 560 BE

Been trying to read the flash off this ECM with the nefmoto software.  I can get as far as the software making a secure connection but then I get an error stating it's unable to validate the memory map.  I have tried each of the 8(?) preloaded memory maps in the software but I get the same error each time.  I noted the response from the software that the ECM may have a aftermarket flash/tune installed.  I have a second identical ECM I purchased off EBAY, I connected that but I get the same error.  While not impossible, I have my doubts that both these ECM's have tunes on them. I don't believe the 4.2L Allroad was that popular a platform for tuning.

I see that nefmoto software has a boot mode option.  I have previously put my ECM in boot mode and successfully did read/writes using the ME7EEPROM tool. (me7eeprom.exe --bootmode 95P08 --CSpin P6.3 -r -p5 eeprom.bin)  However when I put my ECM in boot mode and attempt to connect with nefmoto software (in boot mode) I get a ECHO error and it doesn't connect.

Any thoughts on this? I did a visual comparision of my 2.7T ECM and 4.2L ECM. I've attached a photo of the 4.2L ECM.  It has two additional 24 pin IC's installed.  The markings on the chips are not standard PN's so I couldn't identify them as extra memory IC's or not.  I've attached a photo of the inside of the 4.2L/Auto ECM.
SteveAR

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 06:13:44 AM »

Validation failed, ECU reports RequestUpload service is not supported. RequestUpload may have been disabled by aftermarket engine software.
AARDQ

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 11:48:04 AM »

It's an ST10 processor, and Nefmoto doesn't play well with it (although apparently others do have success).  I got the same errors with my RS6 and resorted to MPPS.

(Not talking about bootmode, OBD.)
SteveAR

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 04:02:49 PM »

Thanks. Is MPPS something readily available to purchase or download? Or is it a knock off like VAG Commander. 
AARDQ

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2017, 07:37:51 PM »

Google MPPS site:nefariousmotorsports.com, and that's all I'll say on the subject.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: