Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22
Author Topic: Actual pre-control in LDRPID  (Read 217906 times)
SB_GLI

« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2017, 06:23:50 AM »

Thanks for this. I'll give it a shot.

What I meant was that, if I open one of your own logs in excel and then save it as a CSV (say I change a header value ) then the excel saved CSV won't work. Even if I open a CSV and resave it as a CSV with no changes, it won't parse anymore.

I compared the two rW files, original and excel saved and they look a lot different.

Maybe I'll see if I can find and try a freeware CSV program.

This is still amazing work. Regds

Yes, it is very well known that excel fucks up a CSV.   Just ask Nyet what he thinks about this.  Smiley  Try using any log parsing program against a file saved in excel... it won't work.   Use notepad if you need to edit the file.

I've made changes to the program to work with "volvo" (I think you meant "hilton") files.   I will post a new binary when I figure the remaining kinks.   In the meantime, you can get the latest source and compile it if needed.

I am still battling overshoot and have been working on trying to correct it with manual changes.   My next attempt will be lower the DIMX values and generate a new KFLDRL from that.  I attached a graph of what my overshoot looks like.  I-Result follows I-Max, causing the hump, and then I-Result slow falls away from I-Max.  I just need to figure out how to correct this.
SB_GLI

« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2017, 11:15:21 AM »

When I was messing around with different KLFDIMX values in the tool, I realized that the algorithm to calculate the DC for KFLDRL wasn't complete, and I ended up with invalid results.   I think my first pass, the values in DIMX were just right for me to not notice that something was off.

With that said, I've made changes to the algo to correct the issue.  I tried the generated values as is, but STILL ended up with overshoot.  The values in KFLDIMX were too high resulting in too high of I-MAX values, which ultimately caused that hump.  I was able to scale the KFLDIMX axis values up in my file to account for this, and now my boost is almost perfect.  I have a little work to do on Q2 again, to back track the changes I made to try to account for the overshoot.  

I am still not 100% happy that I had to make modifications to the maps after the fact, but it was very easy to just add another 10% to each DIMX axis values to get I-MAX in check.  I'd really like to find out why my boost isn't perfect right with maps generated from the tool, but this will do for now.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 04:45:54 AM by SB_GLI » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2017, 11:37:54 AM »

Once I get my motor together I will try to do the same and let you know.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2017, 12:06:43 PM »

I'd really like to find out why my boost isn't perfect right with maps generated from the tool, but this will do for now.

Most OE calibrations/hardware have overshoot like you have. Not sure if it's a "feature" or laziness, or something that can't be completely dialed out if you want the spool. I don't see an issue with a small amount of overshoot especially considering what you have to work with pid-wise. Just my opinion.

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2017, 12:17:19 PM »

Most OE calibrations/hardware have overshoot like you have. Not sure if it's a "feature" or laziness, or something that can't be completely dialed out if you want the spool. I don't see an issue with a small amount of overshoot especially considering what you have to work with pid-wise. Just my opinion.

Also overshoot is in the nature of almost all PIDs, whether or not they have feed forward components.

If they are steered primarily via I, overshoot is necessary for the control to converge and maintain stability on changing setpoints.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 12:19:50 PM by nyet » Logged

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2017, 12:18:33 PM »

Also overshoot is in the nature of almost all PIDs, whether or not they have feed forward components or not.

Agreed.  Smiley

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
SB_GLI

« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2017, 03:00:38 PM »

My overshoot here was excessive, and the PID calibration that I did from hand that I was using for many years did a MUCH better job at controlling overshoot.

26psi request and 32psi overshoot is a little too much...especially when you take the time to write a program to calibrate the pid for you in hopes of PERFECT boost control in all ranges, you want it dead nuts accurate.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2017, 04:22:47 PM »

My overshoot here was excessive, and the PID calibration that I did from hand that I was using for many years did a MUCH better job at controlling overshoot.

26psi request and 32psi overshoot is a little too much...especially when you take the time to write a program to calibrate the pid for you in hopes of PERFECT boost control in all ranges, you want it dead nuts accurate.

You go, boy!

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2017, 04:51:26 PM »

26psi request and 32psi overshoot is a little too much...

Agreed there, 100%

ECUx Plot

STEVEPHILP

« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2017, 01:56:12 AM »

This is very impressive.

I never realised excel screwed the csv so badly. You're correct the log files are based on the Hilton/Dream3r format.

I'd be inclined to do this for exhaust and dp upgrades even for stock turbo tunes regardless of 5120. Much more effective.

Awesome.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 02:16:11 AM by STEVEPHILP » Logged
SB_GLI

« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2017, 07:08:00 AM »

You're correct the log files are based on the Hilton/Dream3r format.

I updated the log parsing so that it works with this format with the latest version posted on this page.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2017, 09:34:23 AM »

I never realised excel screwed the csv so badly.

Never use excel. Ever. It is a cancer.

ECUx Plot

KasperH

« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2017, 12:06:47 PM »

So just to clarify, I need fixed DC logs of 10,20,30 etc. %WGDC all throughout the RPM band.

The logs should contain;

Wped
ldtvm
nmot_w
pvdks_w
pu_w

And then the program should be able to generate the numbers needed to populate KFLDRL?
STEVEPHILP

« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2017, 12:35:07 PM »

Need to set fixed DC in kfldrapp and then activate calibration without torque structure by setting cwdrapp to 8.

Kfldrapp is set to 0 all across the table in the factory.

Leave lower %ped columns at 0 and set higher than say 50% ped to your fixed duty values.

You'll need maybe 8 iterations of the same file with different drapp values. From 10-80% duty.

In effect what this achieves is the same as the open loop boost method used when tuning above 1.53 mbar but broadcast across dimx where pid can provide its influence. It's awesome.

So yes the program generates KFLDRL for you based on the corresponding fixed DC logs.

DRAPP overrides DIMX and DRL.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 02:27:48 PM by STEVEPHILP » Logged
SB_GLI

« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2017, 06:59:21 AM »

The logs should contain;

throttlePlateAngle = wdkba
OR
accelPedal = wped or wped_w

dc = ldtvm
rpm = nmot or nmot_w
pressure = pvdks_w or pvdkds_w
baroPressure = pu or pu_w or pus_w or override value in program