Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: bricked ecu 8b0 907 551m and no galetto cable  (Read 21496 times)
KasperH

« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2017, 01:49:39 PM »

Can you upload som pictures of the ECU PCB and the GIAC socket? Smiley

Yeah, it kinda sucks you in. I actually just started out wanting to get my ECU back to stock because of reliability and economy, and the "tune" that was on it when I bought it was laughably bad.
And now I have ended up using all my spare time reading anything I can about engine management.
And using my weekends tweaking and logging Tongue
I have always worked with car, but only the mechanical aspect. Now I'm messing with all the electronics too, and as always when you fiddle with stuff that's really not meant to be fiddled with, there will be some casualties along the way Smiley
boostaddict1989

« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2017, 08:17:45 PM »

Yeah i will tomorrow.

Im in the middle of trying to figure out the drivers for galleto. ft8u2xx?? i cant seem to find the rosstech vcp on my computer which is now a mess of folders.
ive got my ecu exposed. several failed attempts to bootmode. This is the final straw until i make a harness for bench flashing because the failure rate is ridiculous. And i hurt from sitting hunched over on my laptop in my car all day everyday for weeks now trying to piece this stuff together.

I read somewhere that too much voltage could be causing my issue. I fixed my ftdi ft232rl uart ebay cable (that read with nefmoto) serial number to the "public" gellato account using Mprog. Grounding pin 24 to the negative battery terminal (second one in from the back opposite of the dot on 800bb chip) for 3-5 seconds after connecting battery/charger then turning key to on. Then pressing read ecu on a plugged in laptop (windows 7) and getting an opening port impossible message. Any advice? I'm sorry but Im asking for some guidance. Im frustrated. and I need to be able to drive and pick up chicks..
boostaddict1989

« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2017, 06:00:17 PM »

Now it wont respond in either mode
KasperH

« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2017, 06:23:40 PM »

Are you reading/writing on a bench setup or through the OBD port?
vwaudiguy

« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2017, 06:37:41 PM »

Can you upload som pictures of the ECU PCB and the GIAC socket? Smiley
Yeah i will tomorrow.

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
boostaddict1989

« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2017, 10:21:15 AM »

obd in car
KasperH

« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2017, 10:51:24 AM »

If you're having so much trouble reading and writing, take the ECU out of the car and use a bench setup.
They're not that difficult to make and cost nearly nothing.
You just need a 12v power supply(an old PC power supply is more than enough), some wire and some terminators Smiley
vwaudiguy

« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2017, 11:38:46 AM »

Or, take the ecu out, and snap a picture of the board like you said you would. This thread is a waste without knowing what's on the board. If there's anything other than the stock ic in there, you won't get anywhere. Ever.

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
boostaddict1989

« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2017, 11:40:42 AM »

If you're having so much trouble reading and writing, take the ECU out of the car and use a bench setup.
They're not that difficult to make and cost nearly nothing.
You just need a 12v power supply(an old PC power supply is more than enough), some wire and some terminators Smiley

I'm working on it today. I'll report back if i have issues, thanks
boostaddict1989

« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2017, 11:58:15 AM »

Or, take the ecu out, and snap a picture of the board like you said you would. This thread is a waste without knowing what's on the board. If there's anything other than the stock ic in there, you won't get anywhere. Ever.

Look bud, not trying to be a dick or cause an issue but ive got enough problems right now And not being able to take a photo of something i accurately described is at the bottom of my list of things to do. I apologize if that causes you frustration. The Giac socket chipped ecu is old news anyways. Im either trying to bench flash my 8d0907551?(Had M flashed over whatever was in it before) me7.1 0001 0-261-207-004 or I'm buying a new ecu to try again but directly from the bench as in car seems impossible for me to accomplish right now. We will see. and i will accurately and thoroughly explain it in proper english for all to see and use as a guide because ive hit just about every road block and difficulty trying to make this all come together. I'll do a full write up when finished.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2017, 12:10:14 PM »

Nobody needs a writeup. Here are some facts to hopefully help you.

1. If you can't comm with the ecu, flashing a stock file in bootmode is your only solution.
2. If you're trying to flash what you read from the old GIAC ecu, it will never boot, or start. Maybe both. Don't bother trying.
3. All B5 S4 ecu's are the same hardware-wise, so you can flash whatever file fits your year/MAF/trans type.
4. There are lots of people on this board that can help you get this ecu up. Maybe sending it to someone is a good solution at this point. Think of all the time you're spending.
5. Your verbal description of "giac socketed" is nowhere near accurate enough. Kasper asked you a few times to post a pic of the board, and at no point did you answer him by saying you're not working with that ecu anymore.

Goodluck.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 12:21:01 PM by vwaudiguy » Logged

boostaddict1989

« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2017, 01:26:46 PM »

Nobody needs a writeup. Here are some facts to hopefully help you.

1. If you can't comm with the ecu, flashing a stock file in bootmode is your only solution.
2. If you're trying to flash what you read from the old GIAC ecu, it will never boot, or start. Maybe both. Don't bother trying.
3. All B5 S4 ecu's are the same hardware-wise, so you can flash whatever file fits your year/MAF/trans type.
4. There are lots of people on this board that can help you get this ecu up. Maybe sending it to someone is a good solution at this point. Think of all the time you're spending.
5. Your verbal description of "giac socketed" is nowhere near accurate enough. Kasper asked you a few times to post a pic of the board, and at no point did you answer him by saying you're not working with that ecu anymore.

Goodluck.

I posted that earlier in the thread. Ive not used my giac bin for anything but a reference on tunerpro. Im assuming a socket chip is an extra board/chips soldered where the original 800 chip was. Its not just a flashed chip.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2017, 01:30:41 PM »

Bottom line is for some reason, you're able to post pics of an S4 with graphics and a huge wing, but not remove 4 screws and take a picture to satisfy the people in this thread that are trying to help.

boostaddict1989

« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2017, 01:31:03 PM »

is There a clear picture as to building a bench setup for kkl cable?

I have wires, a fresh ebay kkl and a 12 volt 3 amp power supply and a bricked 8d0907551(?box)-0261207004-0001.

boostaddict1989

« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2017, 01:39:01 PM »

Bottom line is for some reason, you're able to post pics of an S4 with graphics and a huge wing, but not remove 4 screws and take a picture to satisfy the people in this thread that are trying to help.

I dont know why i cant post the photo man. chill out about it. Ill try again
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: