Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Collaborative development vs proprietary and abandonware software.  (Read 42428 times)
s60rawr

« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2022, 10:27:13 PM »

Long Time forum lurker here.
never made an account until this one intrigued me....

you all see an angry man behind a keyboard typing as fast as they can.

but I see someone that has passion for the community that hasn't been seen in a while and just aggravating with this said "gatekeeping"
yes the tools are out there, very scattered at that.
but we need to come together and put all the brain power together.
I hate this "if you don't know how to find them then you don't deserve to know" bs

hell who knows...
maybe this Vollmer guy is an idiot and wouldn't be able to code a basic tune in 10 years or he could do it in 6 months.

this shits been so aggravating for me as well....
I've heard amazing things about all these tuners and heard equally bad.
we need a more community driven system here...
IDK...
other tuning communities aren't this bad.
dafuq are we... apple n their walled garden? lol

IDK make YouTube videos with different steps etc.unlist them cause God almighty Rob Hilton might copyright you on his illegal emissions bypassing software (rofl)
idk
food for thought
ik tuning is lucrative
but growing the network might help you more than you think
most won't have the will to monetize it
so just lettuce have it

sincerely
your average lurker

There is a free flash suite in progres
OpenMoose https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GiNXfjKyLvzotT5v9Knyw0CExRMOoiHG/view?usp=drive_link
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2005 M66 S60R 4T5 /w Shims FID 1100cc RS4 Maf 75mm Hybrid 1.9 Bar

appreciate the -karma bomb, but could you plz keep it at -666. im cool with that, it's iconic
SparkyR

« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2022, 01:37:19 AM »

Who does it take 4 years for?

it takes time to learn the basics of the tools such as winols, ida and tunerpro. 
[/quote]
If you were a community driven individual, you would start work on a repository for these definitions that OTHERS CAN BUILD ON.

I don't have software to assist in the definitions as i still do this by hand meaning i use 2d and spending the 4-5 hours matching shapes just like i had spent the hour via TeamViewer while on the phone with you showing you some tips I had learned over the years. the only thing I didn't show you is via TeamViewer is tips in Ida pro. Andy Whittaker has some good tutorials on how to do this step and this is what I use when stuck. This stuff isn't secret as what you need is out there you just have to spend a little leg work on the stuff that works for you.

[/quote]
Do the definitions make the tune? Or your ability to edit them in a productive way.. Which again takes SOOO long to learn according to you... Who must be a very slow learner.

attached is one of my 04 map packs i use to get by this one is for a P24/P26 b5254t4 25Rt Man AWD US 50QKHJ.A2L this may or may not help much as I've seen 10 different 04 manual file versions used in the states

as nyte has mentioned this isn't the place for this. Please use the Volvo me7 forum for further questions regarding Volvo related stuff. ill do my best to help with assisting there with further questions or concerns you may have. Please keep your emotions out of the responses. This is the reasoning you are blocked in the first place, i warned you 3 times with your response being just block me.

The slandering of ones name isn't the solution to your problems or wont get you anywhere here.  So again i please ask you to keep your emotions together and lets continue your venture into me7 a positive one.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 01:55:30 AM by SparkyR » Logged

2005 S60R m66, Xona Rotor 7864, turbosmart 45mm wastegate, id1700cc injectors
SparkyR

« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2022, 05:29:00 AM »

but I see someone that has passion for the community that hasn't been seen in a while and just aggravating with this said "gatekeeping"
I hate this "if you don't know how to find them then you don't deserve to know" bs

hell who knows...
maybe this Vollmer guy is an idiot and wouldn't be able to code a basic tune in 10 years or he could do it in 6 months.

IDK...

IDK make YouTube videos with different steps etc.unlist them cause God almighty Rob Hilton might copyright you on his illegal emissions bypassing software (rofl)
idk
food for thought
ik tuning is lucrative
so just lettuce have it

sincerely
your average lurker

I’ll gladly send you my software if you message me

Vollmer

Professional Cat Herder

« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2022, 05:31:17 PM »

Are you against
"Right to Repair"?

You are like the "certified" repair facility that is totally bunk. Hiding the little tools and schematics so I can't repair it at home in a timely manner.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd3Qa9tlA3o

Because you took "4" years?
You didn't do much with cars or computers until 4 years ago.  And still mostly work on Bosch. I wouldn't take 4 years if it wasn't for ball busting.
I am not you. Nobody else is you. People live different lives that are not yours. They don't see things like you, they dont think like you.

I am not contributing to a 100+ page thread of shit. It needs organized or its own sub-forum.

If that's really how you find maps, you need to outsource your disassembly work, and that might reduce your man hours and bring your prices down. And simply proves my point that community efforts would speed up EVERYONE, even you. Sell your tune. Not the Definitions.  Off topic section is totally where this kind of crap belongs. I am glad someone relevant to the issue showed up.

Wiki Table

X Axis across the top = Model/A2L
Y Axis  Down the side = FR Term or Axis (ABCDEF)

Each cell with its address. Post what you find. Fill it up. Let anyone add to it.

One sheet can contain every address for every table. 

Again, Why do you need him to PM you?

"Community"

Just post it!!
Make a Github like everyone else.
There is already a compiled version posted by prometey here...

Cmd line only.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 05:39:21 PM by Vollmer » Logged

Volvo HALL of SHAME:

Guitar24t aka Robert Hilton
SparkyR aka Brandon Halme
Prometey1982 aka Artem Vasiliev
MAXX ECU - Brett Willet
VIDA Leach - David Leech

Useless Twats:
PRJ - Dmitri from Estonia
SparkyR

« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2022, 06:37:25 PM »

4 years comes from the amount of time I've worked with me7 not the amount of time I had to figure it out how to flash and log. this only took a few weeks.

when i first started viewing this forum i had spent countless sleepless nights out on the road with my car going absolutely nuts, defining a few maps, changing the map and and logging trying to  and logging trying to build connections between each change. this wasn't easy since I don't have my emulator up and running yet to this day. currently working on one using a moates roadrunner guts kit but have yet to test it. i believe PRJ had built one using this years back. also believe nyet had built his using a ols300.

the hardest thing i had to learn is each thread is just a bunch of words that mean nothing unless you have either worked through the problem or are experiencing the problem first had

i had tried to outsource things with you but you had never gotten past the feeling the person out with there character stage to see if i can trust the individual. also I've had someone in the past but things are very hard to not dilute yourself. there's a certain level of connection one builds with there certain maps that having change is to difficult to navigate. for reference my 04 map packs have a ton of duplicated maps and is a lot less defined than the one i had built for my 05 I've been meaning to rebuild it but haven't found the dyer need to

the problem i see with building a table like you mention is that i would have 25 different tables, there would be absolutely hundred of columns to it, and you wouldn't get past the fact of having to transfer back into back into either winols or tunerpro. so i don't think it would do any benefit. i had been reading on building a script in winols for this solution but i haven't gotten to deep into this route.

if you would like my flasher and logger you can pm me as this isnt the place and there is logistic involved in this such as a license file ill need to create for you that ill make for your personal car. you've already have basic maps to get you started sent previously by me. if you dont want to take this offer you are welcome to buy hiltons self tuner for $250. Ive happily gave this software to many people who have asked me for it.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 07:39:16 PM by SparkyR » Logged

SparkyR

« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2022, 06:40:55 PM »

4 years comes from the amount of time I've worked with me7 not the amount of time I had to figure it out how to flash and log. this only took a few weeks.

when i first started viewing this forum i had spent countless sleepless nights out on the road with my car going absolutely nuts, defining a few maps, changing the map and and logging trying to build connections between each change. This wasn't easy since I don't have my emulator up and running yet to this day. currently working on one using a moates roadrunner guts kit but have yet to test it. i believe PRJ had built one using this years back. also believe nyet had built his using a ols300.

the hardest thing i had to learn is each thread is just a bunch of words that mean nothing unless you have either worked through the problem or are experiencing the problem first hand 

i had tried to outsource things with you but you had never gotten past the feeling the person out with there character stage to see if i can trust the individual. also I've had someone in the past but things are very hard to not dilute yourself. there's a certain level of connection one builds with there certain maps that having change is to difficult to navigate. for reference my 04 map packs have a ton of duplicated maps and is a lot less defined than the one i had built for my 05 I've been meaning to rebuild it but haven't found the dyer need to

the problem i see with building a table like you mention is that i would have 25 different tables, there would be absolutely hundred of columns to it, and you wouldn't get past the fact of having to transfer back into back into either winols or tunerpro. so i don't think it would do any benefit. i had been reading on building a script in winols for this solution but i haven't gotten to deep into this route.

s60rawr

« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2022, 01:16:05 AM »

I’ll gladly send you my software if you message me

thank you
and just to clarify I already have a stage 2+ Hilton tune thats about 2 years old and it's Solid
I'm just a curious cat with some time on their hands.

just kills me that all my local Audi and VW buddies can hop on and start fucking with shit without jumping through this many loops...
we'll see what I can do

OpenMoose https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GiNXfjKyLvzotT5v9Knyw0CExRMOoiHG/view?usp=drive_link
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

appreciate the -karma bomb, but could you plz keep it at -666. im cool with that, it's iconic
Vollmer

Professional Cat Herder

« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2022, 01:09:51 PM »

What gives you the right to sell licensed software? Locked to a specific VIN is even MORE bullshit.

I ask again, do you have a business license? 

Free. Community. Not licensed locked down shit. Nefmoto flashing app works for everything just fine.
"Sleepless nights" oooo boohoo. "Connection with personal car" Here comes Lord of the Rings part 4.

You type such a tremendous amount of bullshit rather than just helping. Better not share anything you learned!
Best to fuck everyone else over and make a buck out of it. I have access to 6 of these cars right now. I don't need your licensed crap.

Maybe! "Vollmer" speaks German. I can read this fine. Again you fail to consider anyone outside your sleepless self, who still cant get a emulator working 4 years later.
"Meaning nothing to you", means nothing to you. Thats it.
I have been using Moates emulators for over 10 years.
But everything you do is a licensed secret! Why would anyone wanna help you? That will be $1500 for my services. *waves hands*

Why do you need to trust an individual?
Quit making shit private and locked.
What a Loser thing to do.

Shove that license file Up your Ass. Release the software to the world and take this car if you must.
Start sharing definitions and quit keeping disassembly private.
Go look at a healthy community for an example. RomRaider.

What will the world do if you croak? Fail?, because you were selfish? What a stupid thing to do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This video came out 1 day ago (After my post) and has 4 million views. #2 on trending.
Basically mirrors my initial post in this thread.
Speaks about reverse engineering, loss of information, advancement of group effort, ALTRUISM, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W93XyXHI8Nw

When viewed in the perspective of a real, red-blooded tuner,

You're a Bad Man, and need to quit being a Gatekeeper and start allowing for REAL competition, and recording this information so it's not lost with you, or whoever's baby mama left them.
Open yourself up to competitive partnership and make a better tune.
You are making the world a worse place than it could be.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 01:13:40 PM by Vollmer » Logged

Volvo HALL of SHAME:

MAXX ECU - Brett Willet
VIDA Leach - David Leech

Useless Twats:
prometey1982

« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2022, 11:19:29 PM »

I don't understand all these screams from the Vollmer. I published console tools for Volvo ME7 with opened sources. Why Vollumer need GUI tools? If you want to learn Volvo ME7 tuning it should be enough to do it.

Россия - Великая страна!
https://youtu.be/fup5GzIFdXk
SparkyR

« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2022, 10:16:34 AM »

I don't understand all these screams from the Vollmer. I published console tools for Volvo ME7 with opened sources. Why Vollumer need GUI tools? If you want to learn Volvo ME7 tuning it should be enough to do it.

I believe he thinks there’s an interface that plugs in to obd2 and you can tune using this. Sort of like hondata or any stand alone ecm will have. Which is not the case for me I still use winols for everything. Not sure if you have built yourself an interface.

Vollmer

Professional Cat Herder

« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2022, 10:56:52 AM »

Prometey. You published stolen "forked" abandonware made by Dream3r (dead) and Guitar24T hilton. Slightly modified.

And in your 80+ page post history, you state your finished tools are private, and you posted these available files for customers to read flash and datalog. It absolutely has to do with money.
That's ALL you care about. Wouldnt dare release your proprietary software. Look at the scammer kid above, who is trying to sell vin locked software he surely stole from another person!!
He can't even be bothered to read your post history! I DID!!

@SparkyR Bhalme S60RR S60RXtreme scammer kid
Any standalone ECM/U is trash compared to the Bosch ECU.
If you really think a standalone is in ANYWAY comparable, you are dumber than I thought. Anyone who has experience in both, and is actually educated in automotive electrical engineering would agree. Not your idiot friend Maxxecu peddler Brett, and your little circle jerk FB group. You are not educated, and constantly make miserable judgement calls and assumptions time and time again. You press your inadequacies on others and drag the entire community down. Your reputation IS shit, they just don't have the care to tell you in public. Shit tunes, Shit service, Scammer, Shit logic. Nothing you do is worth a dime. You admit to not reading books, looking at other forms of motorsport, or even tuning outside this ecosystem. It is like you don't appreciate facts that you don't "Want" to hear.

https://youtu.be/v45YXqmGI-o
Here is a well regarded egg-head that you are likely too arrogant or "busy" to listen to. Hence your ability to not learn or grow. Which again, re-affirms my points.
Aftermarket ECUs are in NO WAY comparable. You are wrong. End of story.
Go read a Bosch technical book on engine management systems or their Bosch bible. I can tell you do NOT READ, based on your outputs

No shit you need WINOLS for most things, (What a dumbass thing to say) but what good is that without definitions?! And there IS real time emulators available, OLS300, or Moates Roadrunner, but it is absolutely worthless with the definitions you BOTH HOARDE. Those emulators work mostly the same as On Board Emulators such as Hondata or Neptune/Chrome etc. Maybe people would be using on board emulators, or TunerPro if you RELEASED SOME DEFINITIONS.
Should I pull up some decade old quotes from Dream3R DDillinger, and 24t to prove my point?
 Odds are you haven't even read them.

What is the Benefit of this Selfishness? Self destruct your own community and become a living piece of shit in order to make a few bucks and distribute some tune you made while high as fuck? Brag about your XC90 nobody cares about because you HAVE NO FRIENDS because you alienate people rather than working together. You are fucking over the community, tragically.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 11:12:01 AM by Vollmer » Logged

Volvo HALL of SHAME:

MAXX ECU - Brett Willet
VIDA Leach - David Leech

Useless Twats:
prometey1982

« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2022, 06:01:09 AM »

Воллмер, ты идиот. Вместо того, чтобы принять участие в совместной разработке, ты обвиняешь всех вокруг, что они тебе не помогают. А они и не должны тебе помогать. Ты случаем не из зеленых? Или кто у вас там самые тупые? У нас либералы, вот ты очень на них похож.

Россия - Великая страна!
https://youtu.be/fup5GzIFdXk
Geomeo

« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2022, 03:19:02 AM »

hell who knows...

IDK...

idk
food for thought
ik tuning is lucrative
so just lettuce have it

sincerely
your average lurker

Pretty sure you are Vollmer.  Can't think why anyone would write a "wall of text" with similar grammar to stick up for another guy unless that person is the same guy.  John 8:32 is about all I know of the Bible.....
s60rawr

« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2022, 03:56:08 PM »

Pretty sure you are Vollmer.  Can't think why anyone would write a "wall of text" with similar grammar to stick up for another guy unless that person is the same guy.  John 8:32 is about all I know of the Bible.....

I've never read the Bible and never will so idk.
and that's a fair claim.

I'm a rather low key person and am trying to get into some self tuning out of curiosity.
I got my hands on winols and was trying to find some definitions.
my search for months found nothing and I've seen replies to people asking and it went no where.

because of Vollmer I finally got sent some definitions

I don't care for his run on rants but growing up in the internet troll era it honestly didn't faze me and I saw through it.
think of this what you will tho.

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2022, 05:17:34 PM »

He's passionate and angry at the state of the tuning industry (and community). He's not wrong.

Like prj, his messaging just does himself a disservice.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: