Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Importing PMAS HPX values into WinOls  (Read 6677 times)
vwaudiguy

« on: May 20, 2017, 11:46:09 PM »

Having trouble copying the values from the transfer function calculator into MLHFM. Also, the first 10 or so values produced by the calculator are negative. Lastly, do I need to change MLOFS? 551M with a Hiatchi sensor transitioning to PMAS HPX-E. Tried selecting just the first value as suggested by a helpful member, but still no dice. Possible not working because of the negative values? I can copy MLHFM out and into a text file, and copy it back, but can't get the row from the .xls to paste. WinOls help states "This command is only available if the clipboard contains cell data." The transfer calculator puts it in a column. Any help?

Edit:

Based on recent research I think MLOFS = 0
Change negative values to 0
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 01:09:02 AM by vwaudiguy » Logged

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
vwaudiguy

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 10:00:56 AM »

If I copy MLHFM into a text file it looks like a table. At this point I'm assuming the data from the transfer function calc also needs to be in this format for paste to work. Going to start back at it again.  Smiley

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
nubcake

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 10:08:15 AM »

Excel - "special paste" or something - check "transpose". Then try pasting again.
Negative values are for reverse flow, like with Bosch sensors, I believe.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2017, 10:10:43 AM »

Will do. I will try. It might be faster at this point to put them all manually in. Smiley But that would be too easy right?  Grin

nubcake

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2017, 10:14:17 AM »

Will do. I will try. It might be faster at this point to put them all manually in. Smiley But that would be too easy right?  Grin

When I had similar copy-paste issues, I just converted those to raw hex (with excel) and pasted into binary. Smiley
vdubnation
Turboman
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2017, 10:25:37 AM »

I copy paste them all the time.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2017, 10:43:14 AM »

I copy paste them all the time.

I bet you do.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 09:14:18 PM by vwaudiguy » Logged

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2017, 11:21:39 AM »

Based on recent research I think MLOFS = 0
Change negative values to 0

the MAF can read negative flows or not?

If yes, set MLOFS to the maximum negative output value possible from the maf, and shift MLHFM positive so the lowest valued cell is 0.

If no, I don't understand the question.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2017, 03:19:22 PM »

If yes, set MLOFS to the maximum negative output value possible from the maf, and shift MLHFM positive so the lowest valued cell is 0.

Thanks for the info, nyet

vwaudiguy

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2017, 02:43:50 PM »

Not sure. Tried to contact their tech support for 2 days with a handful of questions, and no response yet. On the transfer sheet it states to input 0's if the calculator provides negative numbers. I measured the pipe the sensor sits in, used/imported the correct values, and the car won't even run without large changes to KFKHFM (maxed). Trims are sub 2% without maf, and with OE maf. Read some threads on Audizine (Julex) from a while back, and from the jist, the calculators are way off especially in the low load areas. Pretty unfortunate it needs this much tuning with known variables and the fancy transfer app. I'm also using the HPX-E which I haven't found any VAG examples of yet. Anyone running this sensor have anything to add? Emulator is ready to go, just looking for some additional experience or info before I start the long process of cleaning the maf tables up.

vwmaniac

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2017, 09:08:59 PM »

I just swrapped and hpx-E into my me7 vr6 turbo. Maybe I can help you. It took very little to get the car running and I have it pretty well tuned in now, and I couldn't be happier.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2017, 08:50:34 AM »

I just swrapped and hpx-E into my me7 vr6 turbo. Maybe I can help you. It took very little to get the car running and I have it pretty well tuned in now, and I couldn't be happier.

Thanks for the offer, maniac. I got everything sorted. It was more of a copy/paste issue than a tuning one. The values needed to have a certain format in order for them to paste correctly due to the layout of MLHFM. I also expected the calculator they provided to be closer than it was. I end up mapping it from scratch up to 2v with an emulator, and then playing with the calculator to get a curve that closely match what I mapped against. Very happy with the results. I was also using an HPX-E which is less common I believe.

vwmaniac

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2017, 04:57:40 PM »

Did you go the blow thru route, that what I did so I bought the full housing kit.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: