Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Debugging ECU procesor pin to I/O pin  (Read 13804 times)
adam-

« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2017, 07:17:39 AM »

I don't see the point in this at all.  If you're going down that road; just build the Speeduino as it was intended.  Build a custom harness?

Someone has already said that the injector drivers require a serial interface.  You can't just smash 12v into it and expect it to work.
prj

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2017, 08:03:01 AM »

ME7.5.10

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Jim_Coupe

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2017, 10:11:53 AM »

Injector drivers serial? Sounds really complicated. Is this only newer ecus?
I have one speeduino done and tested but just wanted to se what i could with a simple arduino and an ecu board. Think i have around 20 ecus lying around here. Looks like they will end up in the trashbin.

E85oholic
seishuku

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2017, 10:16:28 AM »

Looking at a few driver chips that pop up on Google, they're all SPI... Not saying that's what Bosch used, but most likely. They're not hard to control.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2017, 10:17:55 AM »

I don't have that deeper knowledge to write a complete new code

You really need to learn how to program if you want to do anything correctly.

If you are going to make hardware changes, some digital design education is also a must.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Jim_Coupe

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2017, 12:59:07 PM »

You really need to learn how to program if you want to do anything correctly.

If you are going to make hardware changes, some digital design education is also a must.

LoL read the thread.. It was a test to see if it was possible. I have some programming knowledge but not very deep in embedded systems. Im educated as automation engineer but we didnt learn deep into embedded to bad.. Smiley
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 01:20:13 PM by Jim_Coupe » Logged

E85oholic
Jim_Coupe

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2017, 01:54:24 PM »

Looking at a few driver chips that pop up on Google, they're all SPI... Not saying that's what Bosch used, but most likely. They're not hard to control.

SPI bus im familiar with.. Arduino supports it.. But to much headacke to solve Smiley

E85oholic
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2017, 01:56:40 PM »

SPI bus im familiar with.. Arduino supports it.. But to much headacke to solve Smiley

Ironically, control via SPI bus is probably easier than some crazy PWM or current source driver...

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
adam-

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2017, 04:17:45 AM »

You're an automation engineer but didn't learn about embedded systems?

Isn't automation going to be entirely embedded systems?
Jim_Coupe

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2017, 06:32:12 AM »

You're an automation engineer but didn't learn about embedded systems?

Isn't automation going to be entirely embedded systems?

Well in some cases yes but mostly we work with Siemens/Mitsubishi PLC´s and ABB Robots. It more High Level programming. In school we learned only basics in embedded and after 10years its almost forgotten. I could have chosen the to take the course that was more towards embedded but decided to go for Automation instead. We work with advanced regulation and process control but we never need the knowledge to know whats inside the PLC system. The PLC systems are mostly programmed in Ladder or SFC logic. Some SCADA systems requires C# knowledge. So what we have is knowledge of control systems but not the embedded circuits that do the magic. And the worts part is that we have very few standards to follow.. One factory uses their framework and another their framework. But in the embedded C++ code world it seems like the programmers are more shaped and follows one standard on how to struct things.

Why I like to test thing is to learn and have fun. A friend once said to me that in other parts of the world they have a different approach to take on complicated stuff.. "you leave that to a PRO". It seems like in the U.S you dont try and error you send your car or ECU to the certified Pro and he does the job.. But in my culture in Sweden we just try alot of stuff and se what happens without anyone calling you stupid or wasting time... They just call you crazy and appreciate that people learn and try stuff as long as they do it for their own purpose. I think ideas can come from most crazy projects and people as well. Im not doing this to get a medal or get Paid just for fun Smiley

Now it seems like the Me7.x.x system is a quite complex system to take on... I have some older systems that might be easier.. For example i have and mercedes M104 engine with harness and an VDO ecu.. Might that be simpler to try with just for fun.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 06:36:03 AM by Jim_Coupe » Logged

E85oholic
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: