Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Crossflashing experience  (Read 2708 times)
renegade978

« on: June 01, 2017, 03:42:32 PM »

So with a few spare ecu's and a 1.8t auq leon to tinker with i thought i would have a go.

06a906032mj was the ecu in the car

and attempted to flash onto a 06a906032hn (from another auq leon) and 06a906032hj (aum octavia) ecu (both immo off)

I've never tried cross flashing before as not sure what would happen. Plugged both ecus into the car and flashed with the "mj" ori file and bricked both ecu's. Recovered both on the bench and flashed back to stock, however both the hn and hj ecus now suffer from a "accelerator position sensor (g71) signal too high" when plugged into the test car. code and epc light on dash that will not clear.

This was what i always feared would happen if i did this so i'm glad i tried but i've heard others saying these ecus should be cross flashable? I likely did something wrong.

Any thoughts?
THANAS

Yes.

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 10:46:49 PM »

Did you backup the EEPROM bin from both files and then restore the EEPROM bins after you bricked them? It's possible that code has been stored in the EEPROM after the failed crossflashing.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: