Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Rich lambdas in 1.8T AUM  (Read 14835 times)
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2017, 10:43:47 AM »

Four possibilities:

LAMFA (throttle position based)
LAMFAWKR (knock recognition enrich)
LAMBTS (modeled EGT enrich)
ATR (actual EGT enrich)

All 4 are described in the FR (and the s4wiki) at length.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
KasperH

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2017, 10:49:54 AM »

And remember that the lowest map always dictates what lambda is.
LAMBTS and ATR has trigger point you can set.
LAMKR map gets activated when a knock event is present.

Log the "trigger bit" variables, that will tell you what maps are active.
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2017, 02:14:00 PM »

0.75 lambda is normal operation in stock file (sometimes)
triggered by bts and you should never feel something wrong with it
ibanezgomez

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2017, 01:29:42 PM »

Hi guys! It seems fukenbroken was right.

Logged AFR and it seems LAMBTS produces that lambdas (attached)

Checked KFLBTS map and is not as rich as the demands made, so the only thing that can be is the multiplicator factor (KFDLBTS x KFFDLBTS).

I could not prove it because the definition file I am using:

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=4378.0title=

It has no defined maps KFDLBTS and KFFDLBTS. Could someone help me find them?
I would like to prove my theory that the first Golf 1.8T AUM (06A906032DR) are richer than the last AUM (06A906032HJ) due to the multiplier factor of LAMBTS. KFLBTS is the same in both.

And my last idea (Potentially a bad idea and I'm sorry because I'm sure it's already been talked about in the forum) would it be a good idea to handle LAMBTS using only KFLBTS and overriding the multiplier factor by putting 0s KFDLBTS or KFFDLBTS?

Thanks!

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2017, 02:11:38 PM »

And my last idea (Potentially a bad idea and I'm sorry because I'm sure it's already been talked about in the forum) would it be a good idea to handle LAMBTS using only KFLBTS and overriding the multiplier factor by putting 0s KFDLBTS or KFFDLBTS?

You can absolutely do this.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
adam-

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2017, 03:10:06 PM »

That's how I do it.  I can't be bothered with trying to figure it all out and doing it that way makes it much easier. Smiley
ibanezgomez

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2017, 01:32:36 PM »

Hi guys!

I have been investigating all this time and doing some tests and I think I have found the cause of the problem: My high EGTs.

In the log you can see how tabgbts_w reaches 900º in 3700rpms reaching 940º in 5700rpms ...

Remember that my car is 100% stock hardware with stock map. But look at the difference with other cars (attached) one of them is a Golf IV also stock exactly as mine (1.8T AUM & K03s & 06A906032DR) and the other an Audi A4 1.8t also stock.

Now ... Since my car has no EGT sensor (they are modeled) I do not know what can be the cause of these EGTs, I have come to think that some component in poor condition or some sensor does not measure correctly it is generating them. Or that the factors of the area where I live make it so, these last logs (attached) are made with an ambient temperature of 25° and gas of 98oct in an area at sea level.

So need a bit of help, Is there any component that can cause an erroneous reading that causes an incorrect calculation of the EGTs modeled? What factors have influence in model EGT calculations?

Thanks as allways  Wink

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2017, 02:49:22 PM »

Timing, load, AFR

ECUx Plot

ibanezgomez

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2017, 02:58:11 PM »

Timing, load, AFR

And there are something to solve my high EGT problem?

Cant remap the car in that condition and i would like it.

littco

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2017, 09:23:53 AM »

And there are something to solve my high EGT problem?

Cant remap the car in that condition and i would like it.

As the EGT is modelled have you tried another 02 Sensor as that's what the reading is modelled off..

Also have you checked the cam timing? as even being 1 tooth off can cause high egts
ibanezgomez

« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2017, 11:48:49 AM »

As the EGT is modelled have you tried another 02 Sensor as that's what the reading is modelled off..

Also have you checked the cam timing? as even being 1 tooth off can cause high egts

Well I think if desired Lambda and Obtained lambda They are similar, I can not say that the probes are in good condition, right? Maybe I'm wrong.

I had not thought that, the car is second hand and although it apparently works as it should the previous owner is who changed the belt of the distribution.

Could you check the timing with me7logger in some way? What variables should I log? What timing should have a 1.8t in good condition?

Thank you, I start to run out of ideas, I do not know what else to look at, apparently the car is perfect.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: