Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: 1.8t BT 5120 hack  (Read 37736 times)
316LV

« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2017, 03:56:28 PM »

Not a problem man. What year is your GTI?

I'm looking at my Bentley and for 2001/02 (like my Jetta) the K-line (grey/white wire 0.35 mm2) comes from the ECU to pin 1 on the orange T10 plug in the plenum (in the rain tray). It then goes from there to the green plug on the cluster (pin 5 of T32a). I cut it just before the green T32a connector.

On the other end it looks like pin 7 on the T16 OBD2 connector. Again I cut just before the connector. Four short pieces of wire to extend to your chosen switch location and you should be good...

Its the cluster that screws comms up, so you could even just bypass to the blue T32 (pin 25? Sorry my Bentley is a poor scan and hard to read) plug on the other side of the cluster if you want to do that. My car came with an aftermarket deck so I had no idea what wiring abortion lay within, so I chose to go direct to the OBD port.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 04:03:08 PM by 316LV » Logged

Go ahead and give me negative karma... I don't care if you like what I post princess.
Poody

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2017, 07:39:23 PM »

Car is a 20th AE GTI (so 2003). I plan on cutting just shy of the plug on the OBD and ECU side of the factory harness just so I can be 100% positive that I'm not going to run into issues down the road

In other news, I started with IDA Pro today and will hopefully figure out how to get the ASM divisions done sometime in the next week or so. I couldn't get the beginning of the AutoIt script to work, so I deleted everything prior to the includes while I followed the instructions it was giving, setting up the split binary and memory layout by hand, and am currently letting the script analyze the file for me. Hopefully it will finish by the time I get off work and I can start peeking at functions. I'm starting with zero knowledge of how to even perform these edits so my plan is to compare the stock m box file to a hacked m box file and hopefully make the edits that way.

For clarification, how does the process play out? Do I use IDA Pro to find hex addresses of the necessary values, then change them with a hex editor? I've tried searching around these forums on how to do the ASM changes but haven't found anything, and I can't make much sense of it by reading other How To projects for IDA pro.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 02:50:45 PM by Poody » Logged
Poody

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2017, 01:53:12 PM »

Okay, so I'm hoping I have this right...

As far as the ASM changes go, I have gone through the following process:

-Load .bin file into IDA pro following directions of AutoIt script.
-Set dpps and create segments for RAM iRAM etc.
-Run AutoIt script (analyze, then cleanup)
-Search for byte sequence "654D" returns 8 results, 3 of which have instructions "mov r(3/4), #654Dh".
-Search for byte sequence "287" returns 15 results, 5 of which have instructions "mov r2, #287h"  and 4 more have  instructions "mov r14, #287h".

Looking at the CSV attached in nyet's post, there are 3 ASM changes necessary pertaining to a 654Dh/25933 value. These are pvdk_w in two locations, and frhodkr_w in a third location. My locations are different (understandably due to having a different ECU) than those listed in the CSV, but are located at 51930, 51AEE, and 5416E. Also according to the CSV, there are 5 necessary changes to values of 287h/647. Am I underthinking things by making the assumption that I need to change the 3 "mov r(3/4), #654Dh" results from 654D to 32A6, and the 5  "mov r2, #287h" results from 287 to 50E?

I've read posts about these changes being trivial to anyone who has been on these forums for longer than 6 months and should only take 20 minutes tops, so I hope I am thinking this through properly.. Also, I am stuck on the SDLDSUA axis calculation portion of the edits as well. I was planning to verify my intended changes by going through a modified M box .bin, but it took almost 4 hours just to run the AutoIt script so I figured I would ask here first before I spend those 4 hours  Tongue
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 03:29:59 PM by Poody » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2017, 01:57:57 PM »

You're on the right track.

I've read posts about these changes being trivial to anyone who has been on these forums for longer than 6 months and should only take 20 minutes tops

HA! That is definitely ridiculous. I think most people with experience should be able to tune and make a map pack, but imo disassembly (and patching) is not trivial for anyone, no matter what anyone claims.

so I hope I am thinking this through properly.. Also, I am stuck on the SDLDSUA axis calculation portion of the edits as well. I was planning to verify my intended changes by going through a modified M box .bin, but it took almost 4 hours just to run the AutoIt script so I figured I would ask here first before I spend those 4 hours  Tongue

Kudos, you are doing just fine. Keep it up.

Just remember when you are ready to log, use IDA to find additional ram locations to log to confirm that your ASM changes are correct.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Poody

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2017, 10:01:06 AM »

Okay guys, I THINK things are looking good.

There are 12 maps not defined in my .xdp/.kp files that are documented as necessary changes, however, I'm not sure if those maps are even available on my ECU. I plan to look into those when I get home from work tonight. Other than that, the only thing I think I am missing is the SDLDSUA ASM change. I dont know what to look for in reference to this in IDA, because the map isnt defined for me, and I dont know what bytes I should be looking for. Anyone with a 1.8t dealt with this before?

Im attaching my edited .bin and .xdf for anyone that wants to take a peek and let me know how things look so far
Poody

« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2017, 11:24:59 AM »

Anybody have feedback on that file I posted? I'm still waiting for my map sensor to get here from Germany but I'd like to have time to make any more edits if they're necessary.

Also, I'm having an issue with my WOT fueling. As per the s4 wiki, I have calculated proper TVUB and KRKTE for my injectors and fuel pressure, and at WOT I'm seeing stft from 1.1 to 1.2 in areas, but for the most part it holds steady at 1.15. My requested and actual AFR line up quite nicely still, but I would prefer to have a lower correction value considering I'm almost maxed out in a few areas.. I have scaled up my maf curve by 15% and see the same numbers at WOT. Scaled maf again and still see 1.15. I have verified my intake is leak free up to 45 psi (only running 15 at the moment) so what's the deal here?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 11:26:38 AM by Poody » Logged
BoobieTrap

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2017, 12:39:04 AM »

Did you get the 5120 file running properly in the end?
I am also running a 1.8T BT, so am considering investing the time into the 5120 mod.
Poody

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2017, 04:47:46 PM »

Did you get the 5120 file running properly in the end?
I am also running a 1.8T BT, so am considering investing the time into the 5120 mod.
Never got it running right, but I also never bought a higher bar MAP sensor to use. Currently dealing with getting the car running properly and controlling boost via n75.

I am having two issues with the car currently:

First, I dont have cruise control in 6th gear. I believe I have properly set up NVQUOT, and I have verified that my soft coding is right via VCDS. Probably some issue with having a second hand ecu from a 5 speed car, but I dont know what do to remedy this. Cruise control works flawlessly in 1-5, I will log gangi tonight to verify whether or not the ECU is detecting that I am in 6th gear, but I doubt it will

Second, my WOT fueling is really messed up. I have fixed my intake leak mentioned earlier in the thread, fuel trims look good, and part throttle is mostly where it needs to be. Thats not to say I dont have the random +/- 15% correction showing up occasionally, but those will be ironed out after I figure out my WOT woes. My issue is that I am losing o2 corrections under full throttle conditions. I am not getting a large positive or negative deviation before losing corrections, it just goes from -6% STFT to losing correction, and targeting .75 lambda all the way from slightly after boost onset (~4000) to redline (7500). This is with the car running wastegate pressure of 10psi. All fuel maps in my current tune are set to request .82 lambda just to rule those out. I have verified my fuel pressure is good under boost, and using an MBC and steadily increasing boost while logging, I am not going lean or losing any pressure up to 30 pounds of boost (base pressure of 56psi, total rail pressure was ~85psi). Not sure what to take away from that. Hardware seems good, only guess I can throw out would be a bad o2, but this one only has about 3k miles on it. Will post logs later?

And while the .75 lambda target thing is my main priority, I cant get n75 to accurately control boost pressure. Does an aftermarket EWG require substantial tuning of the PID? Because at the moment, I have LDRXN set to cap load at 200. My first pull of every drive I see 85% WGDC and boost will ramp up and exceed 30psi, while WGDC settles down to 60-70%. Every subsequent WOT run, WGDC is locket at 5% (too little to even produce extra charge pressure). Do I need to seriously tweak my PID tables considering my turbo/wastegate setup has deviated so far from stock?

Ive been reading like crazy for the past 3 weeks and trying small edits here and there to no avail so any pointers would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 05:07:37 PM by Poody » Logged
EuroXs4

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2017, 06:46:03 PM »

The reason you dont have cruise in 6th gear is because the ecu software is missing those tables if the ecu is from a 5 speed car.I ran into this with some audi a4 ecus.Luckily  a good portion of ecus that were 5 speed can be reflashed with 6 speed ecu software.I believe audi had a update for misfires for those cars and all of them got the 6 speed ecu software.
Poody

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2017, 12:11:42 AM »

I did some logging last night and confirmed that the ECU does in fact accurately calculate which gear I'm in, including 6th, from the NVQUOT values I calculated.

The reason you dont have cruise in 6th gear is because the ecu software is missing those tables if the ecu is from a 5 speed car.I ran into this with some audi a4 ecus.Luckily  a good portion of ecus that were 5 speed can be reflashed with 6 speed ecu software.I believe audi had a update for misfires for those cars and all of them got the 6 speed ecu software.

If this is accurate then I may be screwed. Does anybody have a well defined 6 speed box .xdf? It seems
prj

« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2017, 07:25:38 AM »

I smell some bullshit right there.
Never seen ME7 where NVQUOT didn't go to gear 6.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
EuroXs4

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2017, 07:41:31 AM »

I smell some bullshit right there.
Never seen ME7 where NVQUOT didn't go to gear 6.
I can’t say for sure just talking based on my experience.It is possible the boundary for that gear needs to be logged a set correctly.Should be changing or looking at the gear ratio.Im sure it needs to be changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BoobieTrap

« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2017, 05:41:38 AM »

I did some logging last night and confirmed that the ECU does in fact accurately calculate which gear I'm in, including 6th, from the NVQUOT values I calculated.

If this is accurate then I may be screwed. Does anybody have a well defined 6 speed box .xdf? It seems

If you want to give the attached one a try, my cruise control works in all gears and I am currently running 1.8T BT setup as well. All maps I needed so far are in the attached .xdf. I based the .xdf on a file I found on these forums originally but I have added ALOT of variables. I think this should crossflash onto your ECU.
The attached .ols was also found on these forums, it is not exactly the same as the binary but I have managed to find most of the tables I need from it via WinOLS.

If you do give this a try, let me know, maybe we can work on the 5120 hack together then.
BoobieTrap

« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2017, 06:12:16 AM »

Wasn't able to attached .ols file to previous post, but I used the Audi TT 1.8T BAM 225 PS 8N0 906 018 CB.OLS from here:
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=62.15
prj

« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2017, 01:15:31 PM »

I can’t say for sure just talking based on my experience.It is possible the boundary for that gear needs to be logged a set correctly.Should be changing or looking at the gear ratio.Im sure it needs to be changed.
Your inexperience rather. Every ME7 has all the NVQUOT maps to run 6 speed gearbox. Yes, they are not calibrated on 5speed only cars - why should they be?
But be careful with absolute claims like "missing maps".

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: