Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MAP For Airbox flapper?  (Read 3950 times)
focalpoint519

« on: September 08, 2017, 04:48:53 AM »

i was wondering if the airbox flapper is controlled by a MAP in the flash or just by a logic switch of some sort?optimally i wanted to use a PWM signal from this wire to a H-Bridge driver to power my water-meth pump (i have this done on my FD RX7 with a standalone mind you) I know i could make some circuit with opto-isolator and just pull the PWM signal off the fuel injector driver, but i would prefer to have a map that activates only with my "Race" map, i also have a can-bus controls with this me 7.5 ECU through my windows double din carputer with a fusion brain, i could also use a gm 3 bar wired to the fusion brain and do some kind of water meth controller that way. i just imagine the ME 7.5 is capable, so i want to try it this way. anyone do something like this? a MAPABLE PWM aux output on any ME.X? also this would save the need of needing to wire up TPS,MAP,MAF for a proper progressive controller.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 05:13:27 AM by focalpoint519 » Logged
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 11:16:55 AM »

what is the airbox flapper?

ive done my wmi with sai pump output and small routine which activates sai output when selected map / load / rpm meet conditions

no pwm here just on/off
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 11:22:13 AM »

I'm only aware of the RS4 airbox flapper on ME7.1

It is controlled by the ecu iirc.

In general, it is best to simply remove it entirely. It is only there to reduce noise if there is not a lot of flow. That said, the ECU output would be a good candidate for what you are trying to do.

Yes, there are spare outputs on just about every ECU, but they are all different, and obviously it would take extra work to add circuitry and a driver.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 11:24:03 AM by nyet » Logged

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
focalpoint519

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2017, 01:33:38 PM »

what is the airbox flapper?

ive done my wmi with sai pump output and small routine which activates sai output when selected map / load / rpm meet conditions

no pwm here just on/off

perfect thanks,great idea i think this would be a good way (as most application r have SAI). on my injector circuit i could add a opto-isolator, low pass filter the PWM or a voltage comparator with error amplifier to triangle wave signal to drive my Hbridge driver (this will add the progressive bit) , that should work, the way i want. But yeah sounds like SAI is a good starting point for a nitrous safety switch, or for the watermeth engagement, im going to get an arduino and see what i can come up with, i wonder if things like engine load could be sent though can bus and then read by am arduino with extra inputs outputs, would be a neat project (i wonder if you could add wide band to arduino then send the "current lambda" back to a narrow band ecu, not sure how much info and at what speed the can-bus works, im ordering a roadrunner and will play around, i got El-Mouktari-Engineering on my skype (he is so good and nice) but i dont want to bother him with all my questions, and im always looking for good suggestions so i know where to focus my efforts.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 01:44:14 PM by focalpoint519 » Logged
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 09:59:12 AM »

perfect thanks,great idea i think this would be a good way (as most application r have SAI). on my injector circuit i could add a opto-isolator, low pass filter the PWM or a voltage comparator with error amplifier to triangle wave signal to drive my Hbridge driver (this will add the progressive bit) , that should work, the way i want. But yeah sounds like SAI is a good starting point for a nitrous safety switch, or for the watermeth engagement, im going to get an arduino and see what i can come up with, i wonder if things like engine load could be sent though can bus and then read by am arduino with extra inputs outputs, would be a neat project (i wonder if you could add wide band to arduino then send the "current lambda" back to a narrow band ecu, not sure how much info and at what speed the can-bus works, im ordering a roadrunner and will play around, i got El-Mouktari-Engineering on my skype (he is so good and nice) but i dont want to bother him with all my questions, and im always looking for good suggestions so i know where to focus my efforts.

ecu sends actual load via canbus
and ofcourse you can read it with arduino can-bus shield
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: