Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Testing a ko4 axx file second opinion needed  (Read 9960 times)
Richym

« on: September 13, 2017, 01:04:56 PM »

I've bought a ko4 conversion file from someone who I thought was a good tuner.  He was quite an active member on here a while ago

Once loaded to the car I was getting throttle body faults and other issues. I've messaged the said tuner and they're saying there's nothing wrong with it.
I am not a skilled file developer yet. But know how to flash a car correctly and how to diagnose. I'm hoping somebody would be willing just to check this file and confirm what I already think.
I'd recommend having a BDM backup before flashing.

Would anyone be interested in taking a look
gman86

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 01:17:57 PM »

I've bought a ko4 conversion file from someone who I thought was a good tuner.  He was quite an active member on here a while ago

Once loaded to the car I was getting throttle body faults and other issues. I've messaged the said tuner and they're saying there's nothing wrong with it.
I am not a skilled file developer yet. But know how to flash a car correctly and how to diagnose. I'm hoping somebody would be willing just to check this file and confirm what I already think.
I'd recommend having a BDM backup before flashing.

Would anyone be interested in taking a look

Feel free to message the file. It sounds like the file isn't for your ECUs box code though. Do you have both the ORI from your ECU and the modified file?
Richym

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 01:29:47 PM »

Feel free to message the file. It sounds like the file isn't for your ECUs box code though. Do you have both the ORI from your ECU and the modified file?

I send original and tuned in morning. The tuned file is highly encrypted, I think
Gonzo

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 06:04:42 PM »

You are an APR dealer. Is this an APR file?

APR loves people that try to tinker with their files =)
Richym

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 10:01:31 PM »

You are an APR dealer. Is this an APR file?

APR loves people that try to tinker with their files =)

I am. Definitely not APR. Car has a few little mods that are not supported by generic file. I also wouldn't be a dealer for very long  if I was sharing their work.
Gonzo

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2017, 07:43:44 AM »

I am. Definitely not APR. Car has a few little mods that are not supported by generic file. I also wouldn't be a dealer for very long  if I was sharing their work.
You aren't? Because the email address listed on you profile here matches with this Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pg/richardmartinautomotivesolutions/

And your website

KasperH

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2017, 08:01:07 AM »

I think he means he is a APR dealer.
But it's not a APR file .
Smiley
Gonzo

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2017, 08:03:17 AM »

Smiley
I see.

If he isn't happy he can always buy a file from someone else or make his own. Its not exactly hard to make a K04 file. I've seen so many shit ones actually work
Richym

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2017, 08:17:09 AM »

Smiley

Correct :-)
Richym

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2017, 08:23:41 AM »

I see.

If he isn't happy he can always buy a file from someone else or make his own. Its not exactly hard to make a K04 file. I've seen so many shit ones actually work

That's what I'm doing. And I'm finding it interesting. However it's quite frustrating that I've paid  top dollar for a pos file that won't work
KasperH

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2017, 08:27:44 AM »

I see.

Yeah, the tune for the conversion isn't that hard if you know what you are doing.
I just made a total k04-023 conversion on my car, and the hardest part was all the mechanical work.
The ECU file took under an hour Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: